Price drops after final payment date

jaygee77

Does anyone have experience with price drops after the final payment date? RC has told me that they will credit back the difference before the final payment date, and we've gotten a couple hundred bucks back in that regard. But now the cruise is even less due to the WOW sale. Will they add OBC or anything to make up the difference even though we sail in less than sixty days?

Thanks in advance!

Sadly no. I am not sure about the current WOW sale. If the rate allows for upgrades then you can upgrade to a higher category. Give Royal a call and see if an upgrade is possible (if you want one) to a better category or cabin.

Does anyone have experience with price drops after the final payment date? RC has told me that they will credit back the difference before the final payment date, and we've gotten a couple hundred bucks back in that regard. But now the cruise is even less due to the WOW sale. Will they add OBC or anything to make up the difference even though we sail in less than sixty days?

Thanks in advance!

The only exception is if you created the booking within the last 48 hours.

That is actually when I have the most fun...or at least sometimes anyway. I keep an eye out for price drops that enables me to upgrade myself (AKA do it yourself upgrade fairy). Have gone from D1, to JS, then 3 days before sail date....a GS for just another 45 bucks extra once. :D

We paid over $3000 total for our E3 balcony cabin for a Hawaii Radiance cruise this coming April. Right now here is a military discount so the same cabin is about $1500. And the D class cabins if I wanted to upgrade are over $4500. Sigh, go figure. :(

That is actually when I have the most fun...or at least sometimes anyway. I keep an eye out for price drops that enables me to upgrade myself (AKA do it yourself upgrade fairy). Have gone from D1, to JS, then 3 days before sail date....a GS for just another 45 bucks extra once. :D

Are you able to do this if you booked thru your TA? Or this is just directly thru RC. Thanks.

Are you able to do this if you booked thru your TA? Or this is just directly thru RC. Thanks.

You can upgrade if you use a TA, you just have to contact the TA and they do it on your behalf.

Edited by clarea

We paid over $3000 total for our E3 balcony cabin for a Hawaii Radiance cruise this coming April. Right now here is a military discount so the same cabin is about $1500. And the D class cabins if I wanted to upgrade are over $4500. Sigh, go figure. :(

wow that military rate is good.

Cabin prices are based on remaining inventory and expected bookings. They can be all over the place. I have, many times, seen inside cabins more expensive than outside, etc. So obviously on your cruise there is a much higher availability of E cabins than D. But the Military Rate is usually the best rate offered. I use it frequently. If you did a mock booking without the military rate, you'd probably find that the price of the E cabin isn't such a great deal. I assume that you took advantage of the lower rate?

Is it possible to tell if OBC will be preserved if you choose to upgrade after final payment date? Is there something in the confirmation that specifies those rules?

I have always been able to keep my OBC (I book direct, so don't know how it works with TA booking, however). When I call to upgrade, I have agent send me new email confirmation, and check to be sure the OBC is listed. I also mention the OBC to the agent on the phone to remind them about the OBC. Plus I be sure to take that copy with me on the ship, just in case I need to prove it (have not had to so far).

Edited by island lady

Is it possible to tell if OBC will be preserved if you choose to upgrade after final payment date? Is there something in the confirmation that specifies those rules?

If you are the recipient of an automatic upgrade, your OBC will be preserved.

What about the DIY pay to upgrade option? And, what if they call you to offer you a cheap upgrade?

If they call you with a reduced price upgrade offer, I would expect OBC to be preserved, but that is something you need to confirm before you accept the offer.

If you do the upgrade yourself, you are subject to whatever promos are then in effect, so you may lose the OBC if it came from an expired promo.

You can upgrade if you use a TA, you just have to contact the TA and they do it on your behalf.

1 - All depends on your TA. There are unfortunately many who won't (I personally have dealt with 2).

2 - Depends on how fast the TA will act. Sometimes the room will be gone before the TA gets around to calling.

o have rang to try to upgrade from inside to balcony which is now £300 cheaper than when we booked ,but have been told I would have to cancel first booking and loose deposit of £300 and obc $250 so won't bother with that then,Thanks royal caribbean.Hope everyone else has more luck.x

o have rang to try to upgrade from inside to balcony which is now £300 cheaper than when we booked ,but have been told I would have to cancel first booking and loose deposit of £300 and obc $250 so won't bother with that then,Thanks royal caribbean.Hope everyone else has more luck.x

Unfortunately UK terms and conditions are a lot more restrictive than those in North America.