Lounge chair hogs.

:mad:

Aboard the Oasis right now. Why do people believe they have the right to save lounge chairs for hours without returning to use them? One lady just marked her territory of 12..... Yes, 12 chairs and hasn't been back for over an hour.

We all paid thousands of dollars to be here and enjoy the ship.

No one is more "deserving" than anyone else.

Why can't people learn to be courteous?

Why can't people learn to share?

Watching people on this cruise is a real lesson in humanity.

Keep an eye out... If they don't return within a descent time, move the towel. Too many people just let them get away with it. Or let an attendant know and have them move it. I found some ships attendants are better than others. For the most part, they're pretty non existent [emoji849]. People ignore signs. Always a problem and always will be. People are selfish.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

"One lady just marked her territory of 12..... Yes, 12 chairs and hasn't been back for over an hour."

Her posterior cannot fit in more than one chair. Grab an attendant and show them.

Ugh!!! People are unbelievable!

Edited by jayblue

There are a lot of people who think, "First come first serve" and also that if they don't save the chairs they won't be there when they want them again. I know that is rude behavior, but since so many people do this it's probably true. It's a self-feeding problem. People save chairs so other people can't get them so the other people start getting there earlier to save chairs since they also want them. The next thing you know it becomes the culture. I'm sure this "lady" just thinks that she was smart to get there early and ensure some places for her friends and her when they need them.

It happens all over (people waiting in line, at the theater, etc.)

I have mixed feelings about it. One one side I understand the need to save the chairs if you ever want to have enough for 12 people, but on the other hand it seems unfair to keep others from using them in the interim.

From their point of view you could say, "What happens if they come down an hour later and there are no longer any spots available for them?"

Still, it does seem kind of rude. Fortunately, we don't do that lay around the pool thing any more so it's not an issue for us. There are always a lot of chairs that aren't by the pool that are easy to get.

Tom

I can kind of understand a couple wanting seats beside each other, or parents wanting to be in sight of kids, but there is no need for 12 people to sit all beside each other. I refuse to believe that it's one parent and 11 kids. While possible, it's highly unlikely. She's taking the proverbial.

We had that last week in full force. We were in the solarium for 4 hours and the front row by the window had 8 saves seats by one person that was there for about 1/2 an hour. The rest of the time she was gone and her other 7 never did show during that time. The lady in front of us saved a lounge for her husband.....so she said....but he also never showed. :(

Edited by sml3

Aboard the Oasis right now. Why do people believe they have the right to save lounge chairs for hours without returning to use them? One lady just marked her territory of 12..... Yes, 12 chairs and hasn't been back for over an hour.

You're nicer than me... I would have tossed 2 of their towels over on to another chair 30 minutes ago. You don't need to hog 12 chairs. And honestly, I don't care if they come back in an hour and there is no where for them to sit. If they really wanted place for 12 to sit, then they should have all been here an hour ago...

You're nicer than me... I would have tossed 2 of their towels over on to another chair 30 minutes ago. You don't need to hog 12 chairs. And honestly, I don't care if they come back in an hour and there is no where for them to sit. If they really wanted place for 12 to sit, then they should have all been here an hour ago...

If there are chairs occupied only by a towel and there are no nearby available chairs, I will remove the towel. No question...

We had that last week in full force. We were in the solarium for 4 hours and the front row by the window had 8 saves seats by one person that was there for about 1/2 an hour. The rest of the time she was gone and her other 7 never did show during that time. The lady in front of us saved a lounge for her husband.....so she said....but he also never showed. :(

Ones in the Solarium annoy me most. I see a lot of empty chairs with people's things on them. Some only used to dump their stuff while they have a soak with no intention of using the seat.

It is so anti social yet I see most people do it.

I like it when they leave more than just towels.

Books, sun glasses, MP3 players, cameras,etc.

I just grab them, and when I get home, put them on E-bay,

so I can get more money, so I can cruise more, to get more stuff, to get more money, to cruise more. :D

Ones in the Solarium annoy me most. I see a lot of empty chairs with people's things on them. Some only used to dump their stuff while they have a soak with no intention of using the seat.

It is so anti social yet I see most people do it.

So if one is to use the pool or hot tub, where should you put your stuff?

If not a seat, where?

so I can get more money, so I can cruise more, to get more stuff, to get more money, to cruise more. :D

:eek::p

We recently saw a lady saving chairs (6) by the main pool and by the Solarium...she would trot back-n-forth )no one else ever showed up)....I just had to follow her once...couldn't believe it...I brought it to the attention of the pool staff...they had a little talk with her....situation solved...she left both areas.

over (people waiting in line, at the theater, etc.)

I have mixed feelings about it. One one side I understand the need to save the chairs if you ever want to have enough for 12 people, but on the other hand it seems unfair to keep others from using them in the interim.

From their point of view you could say, "What happens if they come down an hour later and there are no longer any spots available for them?".

Tom

I'll tell you what happens .They scrounge around or go someplace else .most ships have lots of loungers .There may not empties right poolside , but tough . You don't have to a pig about it .:mad::mad::mad:

Edited by iamkingofall

If the ship is making you check out towels on your seapass and that's what she's saving the chairs with, grab a few of her towels for yourself. Then you won't have to be in a hurry to turn them in, and she will have the joy of debating the towel cost when she doesn't have enough to return.

OMG , talk about get me started . One reason we like Oceana , they do , as I recall , keep an eye out and after about 30 minutes the pool dude clears the lounge that's un attended . Oceana has smaller ships and the patrons tend to be older , so not for everybody . But it's a little easier to control .Some people will leave a shirt or blouse or some other low value item to discourage someone from moving their stuff . TOO BAD .Move it , pile it on the first available lounge and park your butt where you want to be . If anybody asks you if you moved their stuff .LIE ,LIE LIE .Serves them right to suffer .

:eek::eek: Edited by iamkingofall
I can't keep my mouth shut

That made me LOL... :D

So if one is to use the pool or hot tub, where should you put your stuff?

If not a seat, where?

I'm with alfaeric, using the pool or hot tub is a valid reason to have your stuff on a chair. You're not going to drop your book and clothes on the floor and have them be wet when you get out. One chair is sufficient to keep my stuff dry though, I don't need multiple chairs :)

We recently saw a lady saving chairs (6) by the main pool and by the Solarium...she would trot back-n-forth )no one else ever showed up)....I just had to follow her once...couldn't believe it...I brought it to the attention of the pool staff...they had a little talk with her....situation solved...she left both areas.

We always get to the theater early and watch people trying to save a lot of seats all in the same row. Frantically pacing back and forth telling others they can't sit there. We consider it part of the entertainment and just sit there and laugh. Probably the same people that are the pool chair hogs.

Edited by davekathy

For sure don't let it ruin your trip!

My 2 cents is also to get a pool attendant involved. I have seen the bad side of a confrontation between 2 passengers and it was not pretty and both got hurt as it escalated. I can assure you the theater seats they fought over were NOT worth it, nor the show which I think they both missed.

Edited by shipshape sam

For sure don't let it ruin your trip!

My 2 cents is also to get a pool attendant involved. I have seen the bad side of a confrontation between 2 passengers and it was not pretty and both got hurt as it escalated. I can assure you the theater seats they fought over were NOT worth it, nor the show.

I agree with this.

Move the stuff and sit where you want.