Lounge chair hogs.

I'm with alfaeric, using the pool or hot tub is a valid reason to have your stuff on a chair. You're not going to drop your book and clothes on the floor and have them be wet when you get out. One chair is sufficient to keep my stuff dry though, I don't need multiple chairs :)

I agree. But after 30 minutes or more that need becomes a luxury. No need for that at all. My suggestion? Perhaps a little Mineral Ice, Icy Hot or Ben Gay on the towels. Just a suggestion.

Thank goodness we like to be on the upper deck near the pool. I can not stand being crammed in there.

We'll see how they are Sunday on Allure.:eek:

We have found the upper decks to be much less crowded. Bon Voyage!

Lounge Chair Hogs should be issued T-shirts that read:

"I am a Chair Hog"

:D

PS. Mandatory wear of the Lounge Chair Hogs T-shirts at all times while on board ship and/or any venue, Theater, Windjammer, Dining Room, Formal nights, Shore excursions, etc.etc.

Edited by oldguysandgalls

We always get to the theater early and watch people trying to save a lot of seats all in the same row. Frantically pacing back and forth telling others they can't sit there. We consider it part of the entertainment and just sit there and laugh. Probably the same people that are the pool chair hogs.

That early-theater entertainment can be fun...We saw someone "melt-down" screaming that they were a "gold" C&A member and had every right to sit in the Gold/Suite reserved seating area. :D:D

Selfish people is the way of life.

Wasn't like that in my Parent's generation.

Too bad.

Keith

No, it wasn't like this at all in our parents generation.

I took a trip with my Dad (83) to Hawaii after he had been diagnosed with lung cancer (knew it would be his last trip) and when we used a public bus a couple of times he would stand up to give his seat to a lady...that broke my heart and I had to stop him...but it was just the way he was raised.

No, it wasn't like this at all in our parents generation.

I took a trip with my Dad (83) to Hawaii after he had been diagnosed with lung cancer (knew it would be his last trip) and when we used a public bus a couple of times he would stand up to give his seat to a lady...that broke my heart and I had to stop him...but it was just the way he was raised.

Kinder times.

Don't take it into your an hands tell the staff.

Agree. That's what the pool staff gets paid for. I always sit the deck above the pool deck. Less crowded and a birds eye view of all the entertainment on the pool deck.

Edited by davekathy

:mad:

Aboard the Oasis right now. Why do people believe they have the right to save lounge chairs for hours without returning to use them? One lady just marked her territory of 12..... Yes, 12 chairs and hasn't been back for over an hour.

We all paid thousands of dollars to be here and enjoy the ship.

No one is more "deserving" than anyone else.

Why can't people learn to be courteous?

Why can't people learn to share?

Watching people on this cruise is a real lesson in humanity.

And why are people such wimps about it? If you see a chair like that, just use it. if they come back, just get up and give chair back. No big deal. If you really feel like standing up for yourself tell them there wasn't anything there, and it's against the rules anyway.

And you'd be surprised how often they don't come back.

For sure don't let it ruin your trip!

My 2 cents is also to get a pool attendant involved. I have seen the bad side of a confrontation between 2 passengers and it was not pretty and both got hurt as it escalated. I can assure you the theater seats they fought over were NOT worth it, nor the show which I think they both missed.

ahh but if you remove their stuff and move the lounger and put the stuff on the floor where the lounger used to be they come bac and have no idea who to argue with because you moved it!!! works every time and no confrontations. and the look of confusion on their face is priceless.

ahh but if you remove their stuff and move the lounger and put the stuff on the floor where the lounger used to be they come bac and have no idea who to argue with because you moved it!!! works every time and no confrontations. and the look of confusion on their face is priceless.

It's not my job or would I feel comfortable putting someone else's "stuff" on the floor (deck). JMHO about that.

Who stands there watching a chair for 30 minutes? I don't deny chair hogs exist but I wouldn't be waiting 30 minutes to see if they return. Moving on and finding a chair elsewhere has worked out pretty well for us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I find it mildly amusing (and sad) that there are so many people who allow others to dictate how much they enjoy their vacation.

If someone else putting a towel on a chair can ruin your trip, I truly feel sad for you.

Relax. You're on vacation. Lol

Edited by OSULabRat

We all need to be treated equally and treat them equally! I will eye a few chairs with a towel and/or book and check my watch. I then will belly up to the bar and order a beer or drink and talk with the bartender. After 20 minutes, I will go get the best seat and place their belongings 2 or 3 chairs down or hand them to an attendant, if I see one! Now, when you put down their stuff 2 or 3 chairs down the row, you confuse them and they won't say anything to you, but even if they do, who cares! Have a nice cruise! My GF no longer gets embarrassed! She enjoys the prime pool chairs!

Edited by IsanTom

I read on cruise critic last year about an elderly couple whose solution to chair hogs was to gather and remove all the books, newspapers, magazines, etc left on chairs round the pool and take them to the pool attendant and say, "some folks must have left these items behind can you take this stuff to lost property please" .

I thought that was so funny, I could just imagine the picture of this lady with armfuls of stuff.

Have you tried itching powder? I'm going for a new idea this year:

I have printed business size cards (vistaprint) for those that park really bad that I have been using for a couple of years. I'm thinking of ordering a box for bad cruise mates where you check a box next to the offense and sneakily leave them the card. Looking for ideas:

* chair hog

* loud and obnoxious