What can I take

bamagirl14

What are the rules for taking bottled water on the ship, my vitamin supplements, etc?? I use Spark from Advocare daily in my bottled water and several other supplements. Im assuming it would be the same as taking any meds on board ???

You would need to check with your particular cruise line. Rules differ between the cruise lines.

Carnival banned bringing bottled water onboard due to too many people trying to sneak vodka onboard in that manner and now offers the opportunity to purchase bottles of water for your cabin very inexpensively from their website prior to your cruise. I would recommend you do this as it fits with your vitamin regimen. Taking prepackaged Spark would not be an issue at all. You can take onboard any food or beverage flavoring as long as it comes in a individual prepackaged form and is sealed with the factory seal. As far as pill form supplements go, put these in your carryon and bring them onboard. If you use a liquid form that is not individually prepackaged, that will probably not be allowed, so make a change for the few days/week of your cruise to something that is in pill or capsule form.

Carnival banned bringing bottled water onboard due to too many people trying to sneak vodka onboard in that manner and now offers the opportunity to purchase bottles of water for your cabin very inexpensively from their website prior to your cruise. I would recommend you do this as it fits with your vitamin regimen. Taking prepackaged Spark would not be an issue at all. You can take onboard any food or beverage flavoring as long as it comes in a individual prepackaged form and is sealed with the factory seal. As far as pill form supplements go, put these in your carryon and bring them onboard. If you use a liquid form that is not individually prepackaged, that will probably not be allowed, so make a change for the few days/week of your cruise to something that is in pill or capsule form.

Good for Carnival!

What are the rules for taking bottled water on the ship, my vitamin supplements, etc?? I use Spark from Advocare daily in my bottled water and several other supplements. Im assuming it would be the same as taking any meds on board ???

If you are on Carnival you cannot take bottled water on board, they will happily sell you a case for a minimal fee (I literally mean no more than it will cost you at the store and you don't have to haul it around). There is no problem at all bringing your supplements on board, though if they are liquid leave them in the original bottles. You won't have any trouble getting the liquid on board unless the bottles are very large.

Edited by zqvol

You can pre-order as many 12 packs of water for $2.99 (or $3.99, read that it might be increasing in price) each. During the cruise you can order more from room service.

Liquids need to be in cans or cartons.

Edited by SadieN

Your vitamin supplements are no problem.

Others have commented about bringing bottles of water onto Carnival ships.

Please know the tap water on most ships is very good. I many cases, it is better than most of the bottled stuff so many people lug around.

If you are on Carnival you cannot take bottled water on board, they will happily sell you a case for a minimal fee (I literally mean no more than it will cost you at the store and you don't have to haul it around). There is no problem at all bringing your supplements on board, though if they are liquid leave them in the original bottles. You won't have any trouble getting the liquid on board unless the bottles are very large.

Good to hear Carnival offers a fair price to purchase bottles of water aboard if one wishes. I don't get the whole lug water around with you thing but I know many people want their bottles with them. :)

(I drink tons of water but find the water in my community great and I never fell for the overpriced bottles. :o )