Anthem of the Seas - Where are the Brass?

Given the media frenzy and the unfortunate timing of recent events, now would be a good time for Goldstein, Fain and Bayley to do some damage control.

The NY Media is relentless and this ship is being watched under a magnifying glass.

If they're being coached to not say anything because that could only cause more damage, then they big PR machine should have kicked in by now.

They owe us nothing, but it would be nice to hear some reassurances from those that work so hard to be visible when things are positive.

Just sayin' [emoji850]

Other than a brief mention yesterday, that Anthem was returning early from its current cruise, I haven't seen anything in the news about her here in Louisville. Understandable that the local NY media would have more to say about it since she's based there, but for most, I think it's a non-issue. From my perspective anyway.

Sometimes it is better not to say anything....

The media has given it the negative spin they are known to do. Lets face it, that is what sells. Does it make it accurate, not so much, but people love to eat it up. The more drama, the better the story.

Personally, I would rather the truth than the slanted story from either side of a situation. But I am in the minority, and I am OK with that :)

I'm with ya! I'm in Australia and if I hear one more person discuss how the ship listed more than 45 degrees I think I want to list them 180 degrees lol! So much innuendo and half truth to this whole event .... The press has made their own storm in a teacup and I would applaud RCI for circumventing that one well and proper [emoji38][emoji848] there are smooth seas again on the horizon!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Given the media frenzy and the unfortunate timing of recent events, now would be a good time for Goldstein, Fain and Bayley to do some damage control.

The NY Media is relentless and this ship is being watched under a magnifying glass.

If they're being coached to not say anything because that could only cause more damage, then they big PR machine should have kicked in by now.

They owe us nothing, but it would be nice to hear some reassurances from those that work so hard to be visible when things are positive.

Just sayin' [emoji850]

The USCG and NTSB already praised the Captain for his actions during the storm.

Anything else is just typical NY sensationalism.

Just sayin'

Your kidding right. The Big 3 only make appearances when it involves boardrooms, growing the business, and positive PR.

When Grandeur experienced the fire Mr. Goldstein was on board the day she arrived in the Bahamas talking with many of the passengers and crew.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Other than a brief mention yesterday, that Anthem was returning early from its current cruise, I haven't seen anything in the news about her here in Louisville. Understandable that the local NY media would have more to say about it since she's based there, but for most, I think it's a non-issue. From my perspective anyway.

They made a liar out of me. Lol

A couple of the local news shows mentioned it here this morning. Still though, it wasn't much more than a sound bite. At this point, I agree that corporate is better off letting the story die. Trying to spin things could backfire and give more ammunition to the conspiracy mongers.

The USCG and NTSB already praised the Captain for his actions during the storm.

Anything else is just typical NY sensationalism.

Just sayin'

That praise may have hit the board here, but the people who are not on here who make up the vast majority have not heard/seen that praise.

That praise may have hit the board here, but the people who are not on here who make up the vast majority have not heard/seen that praise.

Most likely as the press only look for bad news, and the good news was posted a few days later. Well past the attention span of the press.

Of course they haven't. That's because it's not newsworthy....not even for the NY media who is "relentless" and watching the ship "under a magnifying glass."

WABC-NY News had a live reporter in Bayonne this morning interviewing passengers getting off the ship. I also saw it mentioned on Good Morning America before I left for work. So some of the press is still covering it.

WNBC-NY were also talking about it this morning, before I left at 6:30am. I bet they mentioned it on the Today show.

WABC-NY News had a live reporter in Bayonne this morning interviewing passengers getting off the ship. I also saw it mentioned on Good Morning America before I left for work. So some of the press is still covering it.

Good Morning America goes for the negative story, not the full truth.

Fox also referred to the ship as "severely damaged".

It certainly looked pretty severe and left several things out of commission. I don't really understand the down play of that situation on this forum. It seemed to be pretty bad.... Especially for those that experienced it.

It certainly looked pretty severe and left several things out of commission. I don't really understand the down play of that situation on this forum. It seemed to be pretty bad.... Especially for those that experienced it.

The ship was not severely damaged. That's fact, not a downplay.

Oh, maybe opinion but not fact. There are lots of pictures and videos showing otherwise.

And those types of damage that happened on Anthem could happen on any ship that is caught up in a storm as severe as the one on February 7th.

You will be on board for the March 7th cruise, if I remember correctly, so you will be able to make your own assessment of how things look. I wish you a wonderful cruise.

Oh, maybe opinion but not fact. There are lots of pictures and videos showing otherwise.

Really? I haven't seen any. I've seen pictures and videos of items that were damaged, but not one that shows the ship severely damaged.

Its all cosmetic damage. Cosmetic damage is not considered "severe" damage to the ship itself. The most "severe" damage IMO happened to the azipod and they fixed that within 12 hours.

You wanna see severe SHIP damage, look at pics of the Costa Concordia's hull.

Edited by ryano

Really? I haven't seen any. I've seen pictures and videos of items that were damaged, but not one that shows the ship severely damaged.

Exactly. The pics of the tables and chairs all turned upside down clearly looked to have been done by the crew purposely. Thats the ones the media seemed to focus on though :rolleyes:

Edited by ryano