cabin assignment notification

geejay

Does Princess send an email notifying you when you are assigned a cabin or do I need to keep checking my cruise personalizer? We booked a 14 day on the Caribbean Princess next Thanksgiving, always have tried to book Caribe balcony but they are only available if the cruise is booked in 2 segments, which is more expensive. There are no Baja cabins available, just a few on A deck, definitely not my favorite. I am beyond frustrated!

I usually see my cabin assignment on the Cruise Personalizer before my travel agent has had time to forward it to me. It also eventually shows up on the other messages received from Princess after assignment.

. There are no Baja cabins available, just a few on A deck, definitely not my favorite. I am beyond frustrated!

If you're frustrated just pick a cabin you will be happy with even if means going up a category. You say you can book what you want as 2 segments but don't want to pay more for it?

Edited by cruzsnooze

Does Princess send an email notifying you when you are assigned a cabin or do I need to keep checking my cruise personalizer? We booked a 14 day on the Caribbean Princess next Thanksgiving, always have tried to book Caribe balcony but they are only available if the cruise is booked in 2 segments, which is more expensive. There are no Baja cabins available, just a few on A deck, definitely not my favorite. I am beyond frustrated!

You could always book the 14 day as one cruise and choose a room available now ( in a category that you would be happy with), then follow the cruise and see if our choice becomes available before final payment.

Is the cruise in 2016 or 2017?

Have only booked a few guarantees , and have never received email with cabin #

the 14 day as one would also give you better military / shareholder benefit / FCC if you qualify for any of these.

Have you booked a guarantee for November and you are frustrated because they haven't assigned you a cabin as of yet? :confused:

I hate to mention this but you may not get your assignment until you are at the pier. This was your choice from what I can tell. If it is too much aggravation, just pay the additional money and book a cabin that you want.

Six days and waiting.... <taps foot impaitently, checks Personalizer AGAIN, and rolls eyes>

They may not allocate your cabin until the week leading up to departure. Certainly not until after final payment. You could have a loooooong wait. :rolleyes:

I assume you have booked the basic guarantee cabin in that class (balcony?) rather than a specific category guarantee like BA - that type of guarantee usually only shows once the cruise is near to full. With a basic guarantee they will try to sell the more expensive cabins in that class before allocating the guarantees.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

They may not allocate your cabin until the week leading up to departure. Certainly not until after final payment. You could have a loooooong wait. :rolleyes:

I assume you have booked the basic guarantee cabin in that class (balcony?) rather than a specific category guarantee like BA - that type of guarantee usually only shows once the cruise is near to full. With a basic guarantee they will try to sell the more expensive cabins in that class before allocating the guarantees.

Thanks, OKJJ- actually, I leave in 6 days! I am now at the point of obsessive in checking my Personalizer. Even my iPad thinks I am over-checking. I may have to go over to my roll call and beg for a spot on someone's couch! (and I am sure they would looooove that).

All kidding aside, I will get an assignment. I am just anxious to print my boarding pass. I guess it will just have to wait a bit longer. :)

I have always chosen a cabin when booking. Is it cheaper to not choose? If traveling with another couple can you request to have two side by side?

If you are booking through a TA, he/she can do that for you when making the bookings if you use the same one.:)

If you are booking through a TA, he/she can do that for you when making the bookings if you use the same one.:)

If booking a GTY, there is no guarantee that the assigned cabins will either be near each other or even the same type of cabin. Nothing a TA can do to change that.

Does Princess send an email notifying you when you are assigned a cabin or do I need to keep checking my cruise personalizer?

There is always notification by Princess.

If you booked directly with Princess, Princess will contact you.

If you booked with a travel agent, Princess will notify the TA who is supposed to notify you.

Many discover their cabin assignment first by checking the personalizer as the notification does not necessarily go out at the same time the assignment is put into the personalizer.

I have always chosen a cabin when booking. Is it cheaper to not choose? If traveling with another couple can you request to have two side by side?

If you want cabins next to each other better hand pick them and mark the booking no upgrade so they are not separated.