Why did RC remove the computers for on-board use?

What happened to the computers on board for guests to use? I needed to check/send my email and had no way to do that, so I was totally out of touch with my family all week. (Some of us don't have I Phones or I Pads.) I don't understand why they couldn't keep the on-board computers for people like me! :confused:

What happened to the computers on board for guests to use? I needed to check/send my email and had no way to do that, so I was totally out of touch with my family all week. (Some of us don't have I Phones or I Pads.) I don't understand why they couldn't keep the on-board computers for people like me! :confused:

They were just hiding them from you - they are there.:cool:

I'm assuming you are talking about your recent cruise on Liberty.

According to the deck plans http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=08&shipCode=LB&shipProfile=1633&sailDate=1160306&hasNavigation=false RC On-line is located on Deck 8 Center.

OP, RCI will never do away with the computers for guests to use. It's a real money-maker and some guests do not use their own device, as you know. I'm sorry you didn't find the computers, but I have to ask you if you asked someone while you were on board ship?

Did you ask a member of staff where they could be found?

In this day and age where people have to check in for flights and print boarding passes , sometimes only available 24hours before departure time , I doubt very much individual terminals and the printers would be removed completely.

Not everyone has access to the Concierges who can do this if required.

Sounds iffy to me at best that there were no computers for you to use. Considering each ship's deck plan shows areas with computers (i.e. RC Online). If you were to ask CS they would've absolutely pointed you in the right direction.

Based on your cruise history and involvement on CC I would think you know your way around a ship or at least know where to go for help. So, that its what makes me wonder if they did indeed not have a computer for you to use. Still seems there would be.

Edited by lv2bcruzin

Lucky you!

Liberty.....I looked everywhere for one. Maybe there WERE hidden. :(

Not sure where you were looking or how you missed seeing them on Deck 8 of Liberty. We were just on that ship a few weeks ago and had no such problem finding or using them. There were at least a dozen available :)

There were a ton of them on Oasis, plus printers. Did you ask Guest Services.

By the library. Brought our own computer, but used the printers.

I've done the same. I believe you must now use the ship's computer if you want to print out something like a flight boarding pass on their printer.

I recall when one could connect wireless to their printer from your own device but I've haven't been able to do that for some time now.

Edited by robtulipe

Liberty.....I looked everywhere for one. Maybe there WERE hidden. :(
You didn't look hard enough! Actually all you had to do was go to guest serviced and they would have happily told you where and what deck they were on...easy peasy.