Mail From Princess Before You Cruise?

kingsgirl

After you've booked your cruise and your cruise date is getting closer, do you get anything in the mail from Princess? If so, what do you get? How many weeks out? We're planning on driving to the port and that will take a 1-2 weeks depending on sight seeing on the way. I was just wondering if I'd get anything before we leave.

After you've booked your cruise and your cruise date is getting closer, do you get anything in the mail from Princess? If so, what do you get? How many weeks out? We're planning on driving to the port and that will take a 1-2 weeks depending on sight seeing on the way. I was just wondering if I'd get anything before we leave.

If you have entered your email into your personalizer on Princess.com, you will get everything via email. No snail mail involved.

So no information packet? No luggage tags? Nothing?

You go to their web site and use cruise personalizer to print out your boarding pass and luggage tags. You can also book excusions and spa traetments etc there. I think your boarding passes and luggage tags are available up to 75 days before sailing.

We were on the Emerald Feb 20-27th. Got one email several months beforehand with the captain's name, but that was it. I read several posts about how Princess wasn't sending out emails prior to cruises recently - I had hoped for something - the entertainment, etc. but nada. Boarding passes/luggage tags were available 75 days out, and we that's when we printed them. Certainly never received anything via snail mail.

I was looking forward to receiving emails prior to the cruise just from reading about other people's experiences, but the fact that we didn't get any was not a big deal at all - just a little disappointing.

The only thing we have received for our 4/17 cruise was a welcome back email from Jan Swarz,the president.In the past we have usually received an email from the president,Captain and hotel General Manager/Cruise director.There was also an area of the personalizer that contained these precruise emails that is no longer there.

I love printing out the docs and luggage labels about a week before we embark. It gives me that "it's almost time" feeling. :D :D

Then I have to unearth the CC luggage tag holders. They should be in the travel drawer but ... :rolleyes: ;)

You go to their web site and use cruise personalizer to print out your boarding pass and luggage tags. You can also book excusions and spa traetments etc there. I think your boarding passes and luggage tags are available up to 75 days before sailing.

Per above ^ .... You do this part for yourself. They become available about 60 - 75 days prior to your sailing.

If you can't figure out how to do this, get your travel agent to do it for you.

If for some reason you don't have your boarding pass, you will still be allowed to board ... just takes a bit longer. It's in their computer. Don't worry!

If you don't have your luggage tags, you can fill them out when you drop off your luggage.

Note: Rather than doing this on your personalizer on Princess, you can click the "Booked Guest" and key in your booking number.

Look forward to having a wonderful cruise!

LuLu

My wife and I are leaving in about 7 weeks time for a Panama transit to LA. We have got all we need via email - including luggage tags. What more do you expect?

You must be a preferred customer to get your luggage tags emailed to you, as we have to sign in and get ours from the personalizer.

They are available to print in your personaliser 75 days out.

I print them straight away, makes it feel like the cruise is getting close.

Sometimes I need to print them again if something changes. Twice the fun.

We got one email right after we booked and another today (2 weeks before cruise). The first was a welcome with a reminder to fill out paperwork before we arrived and the one today was from CD, welcoming us and listing Original Production Shows, Onboard Media, Guest Entertainers, and Activities. That's been it and no email in Cruise Personalizer.

No big deal to us and as others have posted, you print your luggage tags. Also, if you have booked an special things (UBD, pre-paid grats, etc), you might want to print that pout before you go, just in case.

Have a great cruise

ML

If you have entered your email into your personalizer on Princess.com, you will get everything via email. No snail mail involved.

Well now, this isn't entirely true, not in the UK anyway. While I normally get notifications from Princess (itinerary changes etc) through email, only this morning I had snail mail from them 'politely' reminding me that final payment date is getting close!

Always the best part of booking a cruise (besides actually going on the cruise) was the arrival of the packet! Ticket, transfer docs, luggage tags usually in a spiffy wallet contraption. I miss those days....

To compensate - I've started wearing a tiara when I check in - makes the day special :)