Looking for passenger Collin White, Liberty, 02-22-16

Maybe if he is retired, in his 80s or 90s. I consider 'social media' to be linkedin, any forum, twitter, instagram, any company q&a site, etc, and not just FB. And even if he is not, someone he knows is, somewhere.

Right now if he googles his name and 'tablets' or 'Liberty' this thread will probably come up.

I´m nowhere near 80´s or 90´s, I´m not retired, I use Internet and Computers a lot, but no I can not be found anywhere on sites like LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, whatsapp, etc.

While obviously I´m part of CC we all know only very few People from the cruising Population are and you won´t be able to identify me from here.

If I had lost something onboard, I´d contact the cruiselines lost and found.

I also thought electronic tablets. As they're paper, he may have just been going to dump them, so may not even be looking. Loose pads probably won't get far in lost and found. Best thing is to ask Guest Services for a big A4 envelope, put them all in there together, write his name on the front, seal the envelope, and then hand that into guest services.

There is probably a very slim chance he is a member of cruise critic. Though we seem

huge to us, we only make up a small percentage of the total pax on the ships.

I agree, the best thing to do would be to turn the items into lost and found at guest

relations.

Was still very nice of the OP to try to contact this way. Perhaps just post that the

items were found, have been turned in, and where the man could collect his tablets?

There is probably a very slim chance he is a member of cruise critic. Though we seem

huge to us, we only make up a small percentage of the total pax on the ships.

I agree, the best thing to do would be to turn the items into lost and found at guest

relations.

Was still very nice of the OP to try to contact this way. Perhaps just post that the

items were found, have been turned in, and where the man could collect his tablets?

Agree 100%!

He has probably contacted RCI and they are going thru the lengthy process that occurs when lost and found gets involved.

Nothing between the shore based offices and the ship occurs fast. This process is low on their priority list!!!

When he/she initially said "three tablets", people like me are thinking ELECTRONIC tablets. Like an ipad that's worth a LOT of money.

Me too! Then I was reading about the printouts of the presentation, and thought "oh, this person brought their electronics plus some printouts because they were working during their vacation." Only when the other poster mentioned notebooks did I go back and read the OP's posts again and it now "fit" that these tablets are the old-school paper kind. At least they're not the older-school Moses kind.

And yes, I know people who would have multiple electronic tablets on a vacation. Between DH and I, it wouldn't be unusual for us to have an Android tablet, a Kindle, and an iPad on a vacation. Some folks carry a work device and a separate personal device. The idea of three electronic tablets in one cabin wouldn't surprise me, although I'd hope someone traveling with three electronic tablets would lock them in the safe when not in use and not just put them in a drawer (giving even more credence to the "notebooks in the nightstand" view.....d'oh!)

I hope Mr. White is reunited with his stuff!

I also thought electronic tablets. As they're paper, he may have just been going to dump them, so may not even be looking. Loose pads probably won't get far in lost and found. Best thing is to ask Guest Services for a big A4 envelope, put them all in there together, write his name on the front, seal the envelope, and then hand that into guest services.

^^ This!

Edited by undercat

I´m nowhere near 80´s or 90´s, I´m not retired, I use Internet and Computers a lot, but no I can not be found anywhere on sites like LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, whatsapp, etc.

While obviously I´m part of CC we all know only very few People from the cruising Population are and you won´t be able to identify me from here.

Point I was making is that more people are exposed to 'social media' than you think, including you, if you consider more than FB. CC is social media.

I really don't think we can depend on RC to return scratchpads to someone, when they can't manage things with real value such as cameras, jewelry, etc. I would still probably turn it in, but I would do what OP has done, first.

I lost something and I checked several times with the police dept, but I also checked on craigslist lost and found. I also googled my item/location date on the off chance it might have been posted somewhere. If I lost something on a cruise ship that was important to me, I'd check their lost and found, but I would also post on their webpage, cruise forums for that sailing, etc.

Point I was making is that more people are exposed to 'social media' than you think, including you, if you consider more than FB. CC is social media.

I really don't think we can depend on RC to return scratchpads to someone, when they can't manage things with real value such as cameras, jewelry, etc. I would still probably turn it in, but I would do what OP has done, first.

I lost something and I checked several times with the police dept, but I also checked on craigslist lost and found. I also googled my item/location date on the off chance it might have been posted somewhere. If I lost something on a cruise ship that was important to me, I'd check their lost and found, but I would also post on their webpage, cruise forums for that sailing, etc.

you'd be out of luck because the finder decided not to turn it in in a timely manor

Turn it into guest services. Years back, I found some costume jewelry and what appeared to be a fairly expensive scarf in a drawer. I took it to GS immediately so we could get it off the ship before we sailed. They took down the cabin number, wrote a report, placed the items in a sealed envelope and had me witness it so they had a record of it being turned in. Of course they can't return every lost item but my experience was certainly that they made an effort.

Agree 100%!

He has probably contacted RCI and they are going thru the lengthy process that occurs when lost and found gets involved.

Nothing between the shore based offices and the ship occurs fast. This process is low on their priority list!!!

Thanks Ian! :) Totally agree.

I see posting that Empress is OK to go to Cuba now? Where is your itinerary going? Your

cruise on the old/now new ship to the fleet is coming up soon. Have a fantabulous time!

When we were picking up towels at the towel station on the pool deck during the

last cruise, I noticed many little shelves that were obviously lost and found items

in the bins behind the counter.

Or could be "your time is up" chair hogging collection? ;) :D

Clarification......three paper tablets, several sheets of printed paper. I have torn the pages off & am taking those with me along with the printed sheets. Another option will be to scan & e-mail copies if we can locate him. It' s called random acts of kindness, not playing lost & found.

Wait, I'm confused :confused:

Did the OP say these were paper and not electronics or has this thread turned into an Internet rumor?

If they are paper-bummer for him but, oh well too bad

If they are electronics-turn them into guest services. Googling the name Collin White will take forever-it's a very common name.

Clarification......three paper tablets, several sheets of printed paper. I have torn the pages off & am taking those with me along with the printed sheets. Another option will be to scan & e-mail copies if we can locate him. It' s called random acts of kindness, not playing lost & found.

So you are taking someones property off the ship because you think you can do it better?

This should be an easy thing to discover the owner. Not only do you have their name, ship name, cabin number and sail date, but the receipt should have the folio number on it. GS can get these items back to the owner.

Exactly. The OP should have turned in the first day

Walter white , and maybe the tablets are meth ........ For all not in the know this would be a funny breaking bad reference , a popular tv show with one of the lead character being one Walter white

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Chill pill anyone???

Seriously, people here get SO annoyed when someone does not turn in something to Royal.

Guess what? A LOT of people do not trust a business to get something back to its original owners. After I turned something valuable into a major retail chain, and saw how they handled it, I would always try to find the owner myself, first.

Google 'lost and found database' and see what comes up. There are more and more websites being created to reunite owners with their items via the internet, bypassing the business in which the item was found.

OP found an item that may have high value to the owner, but would be low value/low priority to RC. I think it was very good of them to post here, and now it's on the internet, in case Collin decides to google himself, which you all should do anyway, on occasion.

Seriously, people here get SO annoyed when someone does not turn in something to Royal...

I actually think some people get annoyed when they DO turn something in. So many reports here of lost and never-found items. Sadly, it seems the scales are tipped in favor of losing something and never getting it back again.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm surprised that these tablets were not discovered by housekeeping and removed from the cabin when they were cleaned for new passengers.

M

I'm not. On our 2013 cruise on the Serenade my sister and I found a 1/2 can of tuna (yes, tuna) in a paper bag in one drawer and a pair of men's shorts in another drawer. :eek: