Liberty or Navigator

Sat1

Other than that the Liberty can carry 4960 passengers, has 3 more decks and is 91 feet longer, what else is bigger or better? The floor shows? Thanks.

Liberty and Navigator have the same number of decks. Liberty is just longer.

A couple of other difference in Liberty :

NEW - The first Tidal Wave waterslide at sea, along with it's two counterparts Cyclone and Typhoon, it's The Perfect Storm

Ben and Jerrys, Cupake Cupboard

Overhanging hot tubs

Karoake lounge - On air club

Larger gym area (no hot tub in this area)

Liberty is 90ish feet longer.

Oops my bad. You are right. I should have proof read my reply. The liberty is longer. We will be on the navigator in a few weeks. We cannot wait. I think I have researched it to death. It is very similar to the freedom Class overall. That is a good thing, since we love the freedom class ships

Dan

Oops my bad. You are right. I should have proof read my reply. The liberty is longer. We will be on the navigator in a few weeks. We cannot wait. I think I have researched it to death. It is very similar to the freedom Class overall. That is a good thing, since we love the freedom class ships

Dan

I think it is true they are more similar than different. My DH & I had a great time on the Navigator on their Halloween cruise in 2014. Now I'm about to go on the Liberty with my DD23 for our 1st time on the Freedom class in 7 weeks!

I have to say that even at my age (& weight...:o) I am looking forward to the new slides on the Liberty! Bon Voyage!

Edited by YadaYadaJodi

I thought this was a good picture showing the new slides on Liberty

Nice picture, thanks. It is too bad that the slides give the ship a bit of an unbalanced look. I always thought the Voyager/Freedom class ships had very nice lines.

I think it is true they are more similar than different. My DH & I had a great time on the Navigator on their Halloween cruise in 2014. Now I'm about to go on the Liberty with my DD23 for our 1st time on the Freedom class in 7 weeks!

I have to say that even at my age (& weight...:o) I am looking forward to the new slides on the Liberty! Bon Voyage!

Have a great cruise!!! The Freedom is the first cruise ship we ever sailed on and was fantastic!

Liberty has Sorrento's and Navigator doesn't.

True, but the pizza is still offered in the promenade. It's just located in the Cafe Promenade instead on the Navigator.

Dan

Having just returned from Liberty and sailed on both the Navigator and Mariner, I will say I definitely prefer Liberty for a few reasons:

1) Extra provides for some great buffer areas:

- Splashaway Bay for kids adds two more hot tubs, pool

- "ON AIR" bar between atrium and Studio B

- Extended Royal Promenade didn't feel as crowded

- Sorrentos plus Cafe Promenade gives two quick service dining options

2) Major Shows: In the Air and Saturday Night Fever appeared to be bigger, more elaborate shows than are hosted on Navigator/Mariner

3) Perfect Storm: Slides add another activity for adults and kids

The Navigator is still a great ship, and I would still sail on it if the itinerary/home port made a difference.