Anyone Ever Given "Inconvenience" Crown and Anchor Points?

Can't you just completely cancel the Empress booking and then rebook, say Indy? You won't be price protected, and I obviously have no idea how much you payed or if the dates work, but Indy's 4/9 5 night sailing has JS's available. Just trying to make sure you looked at all of your options.

I hope it works out for you.

Can't you just completely cancel the Empress booking and then rebook, say Indy? You won't be price protected, and I obviously have no idea how much you payed or if the dates work, but Indy's 4/9 5 night sailing has JS's available. Just trying to make sure you looked at all of your options.

I hope it works out for you.

I have OS on Empress, so cancelling and booking a GS on Indy would cost more.

4 Night Majesty in OS is my only option without having to cancel then shell out tons of money for a 5 night cruise. But chosing Majesty leaves me 1 night short of Diamond hence the dilema.

4 Night Majesty in OS is my only option without having to cancel then shell out tons of money for a 5 night cruise. But chosing Majesty leaves me 1 night short of Diamond hence the dilema.

There are JS guarantees available.

Well then call C&A and explain the situation. I don't know what else to tell you. I have no clue what they'll say, but I wish you luck.

I was just thinking that maybe with a JS, you'd wouldn't have to pay anything more but still be able get 10 points. I guess you can't go without the suite perks for one cruise?

Well then call C&A and explain the situation. I don't know what else to tell you. I have no clue what they'll say, but I wish you luck.

I called waiting to find out if they will give me the extra night or not.

I was just thinking that maybe with a JS, you'd wouldn't have to pay anything more but still be able get 10 points. I guess you can't go without the suite perks for one cruise?

Nah we can't, we tried on Brilliance in January in JS and didn't like it. We are big fans of snacks in lounge prior to 830 dinner especially getting brie (which is never in Windjammer for us). And we like to socialize with people in the lounge.

Might seem spoiled or what not, but that has become our cruise routine and we like it. Thus why I would have to cancel all the JSs until the RFS in November.

I find it highly unlikely that Royal has never given anyone 2 bonus points for the inconvenience.

Alright let's go back to the beginning. First of all you are in no way inconvenienced. Those that are inconvenienced are the one's that have airline reservations, Hotel accommodations, possibly rental cars. You have none of this. You're out a cruise that hasn't happened yet. That's all. And to think that they are just going to give you points because they feel sorry for you is truly laughable. There are other options out there but you want it your way. you aren't the first one that's had a cruise cancelled on them. It's happened to many of us.

Nah we can't, we tried on Brilliance in January in JS and didn't like it. We are big fans of snacks in lounge prior to 830 dinner especially getting brie (which is never in Windjammer for us). And we like to socialize with people in the lounge.

Might seem spoiled or what not, but that has become our cruise routine and we like it. Thus why I would have to cancel all the JSs until the RFS in November.

There is no way I would cancel 4 cruises over a piece of cheese. Must be some really good brie.

Alright let's go back to the beginning. First of all you are in no way inconvenienced. Those that are inconvenienced are the one's that have airline reservations, Hotel accommodations, possibly rental cars. You have none of this. You're out a cruise that hasn't happened yet. That's all. And to think that they are just going to give you points because they feel sorry for you is truly laughable. There are other options out there but you want it your way. you aren't the first one that's had a cruise cancelled on them. It's happened to many of us.

You are missing the point though. They are offering OBC, future cruise credit, airfare reimbursement etc to guests. That's all things that comes out of their net profits.

Giving someone 1 extra night sailed to their crown and anchor account costs absolutely nothing. It will not effect them 1 bit. So what's the harm if it will make the customer happy? On the contrary doing so would keep them more loyal since it is a "loyalty credit"

Please pretend you were the Head of Customer Loyalty and give me a valid reason why giving a customer who booked 5 nights and was moved to 4 nights should not be credited 5 nights. A valid business reason, not a smug hide behind internet forum reason.

Why not just upgrade your June 6 sailing to a grand or owners suite? You wouldn't have to change any of the other junior suites you have booked.

Why not just upgrade your June 6 sailing to a grand or owners suite? You wouldn't have to change any of the other junior suites you have booked.

I thought of that but OS is about 2K more than what I paid for JS on that June 6.

I am waiting to see how this plays out. Id really like to cruise in April but if they won't give me the 1 night credit, ill see if I can cancel June 6 JS Empress, then move my April OS Empress to June 6 with the price match.

Don't know if they will let me do that either since I am already booked on June 6. Guess ill find out after Loyalty says "no"

I thought of that but OS is about 2K more than what I paid for JS on that June 6.

I am waiting to see how this plays out. Id really like to cruise in April but if they won't give me the 1 night credit, ill see if I can cancel June 6 JS Empress, then move my April OS Empress to June 6 with the price match.

Don't know if they will let me do that either since I am already booked on June 6. Guess ill find out after Loyalty says "no"

Well if being booked on June 6 was a problem, you could probably just cancel and call back, and it wouldn't be a problem (the reps probably wouldn't even realize :rolleyes:). That seems like the best plan if the point request doesn't work out.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Does it make any sense that I got only one point for a 7 night Freedom cruise a few years ago?

Yes, pre January 2011, you received one cruise credit for non-suite cruises less than 12 days.

Royal multiplied that one credit by 7 during the conversion from credits to points in Jan 2011.

Edited by clarea

You are missing the point though. They are offering OBC, future cruise credit, airfare reimbursement etc to guests. That's all things that comes out of their net profits.

Giving someone 1 extra night sailed to their crown and anchor account costs absolutely nothing. It will not effect them 1 bit. So what's the harm if it will make the customer happy? On the contrary doing so would keep them more loyal since it is a "loyalty credit"

Please pretend you were the Head of Customer Loyalty and give me a valid reason why giving a customer who booked 5 nights and was moved to 4 nights should not be credited 5 nights. A valid business reason, not a smug hide behind internet forum reason.

Let me just insert a possible argument that you could use.

I was recently on B2B cruises of the Anthem of the Seas.

January 15 & January 25. 10 nights and 12 nights.

I don't know if you read about this.

Winter Storm Jonas kept us out to sea, "hiding" between Florida and the Bahamas for an extra night.

January 15 cruisers got an extra day of cruise.

January 25 cruisers lost a day of cruise.

The question was asked many times, "How many points will I get?"

The very firm answer was: "You always get the cruise points that you paid for."

I.E., January 15 cruises got 10 points. (doubled where appropriate) and January 25 cruiser got 12 points. (doubled where appropriate)

Call them and tell them that "Anthem passengers were told: You get the cruise points that you paid for. I am paying for 5 nights. I want 5 nights of points."

Can't hurt to try.

:)

Nope. A lot of us were "inconvenienced" when they revamped the point system a few years ago. Our next cruise after they changed the points, would have made us D, but with the new system, we had to make one more cruise after that to hit it. We only missed by a few points, but we certainly didn't expect them to make an exception for us.

There were also solo's, like myself that got to D+ getting single points for balcony cabins until Oct 1, 2014 and would have been Pinnacle by now had we gotten the double points. Sometimes you have just got to go with the flow.

There were also solo's, like myself that got to D+ getting single points for balcony cabins until Oct 1, 2014 and would have been Pinnacle by now had we gotten the double points. Sometimes you have just got to go with the flow.

October 3, 2013

:)

I don't think it would matter that you are already booked on the June 6th sailing. They most likely would not even know if you dont say anything. Just cancel that one once you get moved over.