ALL things Liberty of th Seas

Liberty isn't leaving G until 8 pm today. They are doing VOOM upgrades. Dare we hope for improved internet speed? Crossed fingers.

When I left to go home, I saw a crane working on a white sphere. I didn't get to see her sail away, but I did get to see the Gabrielle Giffords. It looks like something from the future.

Which week? We are on Aug 20

Aug 27. Our 35th anniversary is on the 28th. We try to take a vacation that week every year (Nth honeymoon :)) and if we are lucky it is a cruise. We booked this one while on our cruise last year the same week. Wave to us as you debark!

In the Captain's Corner they said July 1st is the launch date for the new Internet service on LOS. They were working on installation of equipment on decks 11 and 12 last week, and 3 new dishes came onboard yesterday. Didn't know about the new warship until we were on the way home and heard news coverage.

In the Captain's Corner they said July 1st is the launch date for the new Internet service on LOS. They were working on installation of equipment on decks 11 and 12 last week, and 3 new dishes came onboard yesterday. Didn't know about the new warship until we were on the way home and heard news coverage.

According to friends onboard they are still doing work on Deck 11 and 12 this week.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm just a lowly "gold" status (but getting closer to that next level!!) Although RC says we get priority boarding, in January, anyone below diamond just waited in a huge line. Also...no special place to wait to disembark, as the website says. Anyone know if us poor lowlies lost these two teeny, tiny perks?

There should be a check-in line for Gold, or it might be combined with Platinum. Generally the check-in line for the lower levels doesn't help much. But if you get there before boarding is allowed, they will group you by status, so Gold does get to go on before everyone else. I only used that perk once, which was on Oasis and I was shocked how many people I got to skip in front of for just being Gold.

I was in a suite my only time at Galveston (in October) and I'll say it probably didn't help at all due to how they were managing the lines. We actually almost moved over to the platinum line.

Any one have a picture or know what the recent desert options at the Promenade Cafe are? I was very disappointed in October :(.

We have cruised 4x on Liberty in the last sixteen months. That changes frequently, and even depends on the time of day you are there. Always check out deserts in the windjammer, and at lunch on Sea days in the Main Dining Room, and have an awesome Tutti salad while you are there.

We have cruised 4x on Liberty in the last sixteen months. That changes frequently, and even depends on the time of day you are there. Always check out deserts in the windjammer, and at lunch on Sea days in the Main Dining Room, and have an awesome Tutti salad while you are there.

I never found the shrimp sandwiches last week[emoji22]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That's always been my experience on other ships. My cruise though it was always the same stuff that neither DW or I wanted/liked.

They never had the mudslide cookies, cake pops or brownies that I usually get. Actually most of the time the only cookie they had was sugar free chocolate chip, and the only cake like item I ever saw was pink lemonade cake, which they always had.

Hopefully it was a one off week.

It's such a great ship. We have a good page on social media for Liberty lubbers. December is a great time to cruise. RC has special decorations and activities for the holidays!

We're going Dec. 10. It's our first cruise, though we're cruising with family members who are frequent RCI cruisers.

Really excited and really looking forward to seeing the holiday decorations.

In May on LB there were absolutely fabulous cakes often at dinner (some lunches too) in the WJ. We were told a new pastry chef was on board and was teaching the kitchen staff new recipes. How has that been in the past month? I am not a big sweets eater, but these cakes were to DIE for! Also, this past month, were they still doing lobster tails, crab claws, and iced shrimp in the WJ on the last night? I hope that is continuing as we are back for two weeks Aug. 27.

In May on LB there were absolutely fabulous cakes often at dinner (some lunches too) in the WJ. We were told a new pastry chef was on board and was teaching the kitchen staff new recipes. How has that been in the past month? I am not a big sweets eater, but these cakes were to DIE for! Also, this past month, were they still doing lobster tails, crab claws, and iced shrimp in the WJ on the last night? I hope that is continuing as we are back for two weeks Aug. 27.

Last week on LB there were delicious cakes in WJ. I loved the carrot cake and my daughter said the chocolate cake was delicious. On Saturday night they had the iced shrimp, lobster and crab claws.

Last week on LB there were delicious cakes in WJ. I loved the carrot cake and my daughter said the chocolate cake was delicious. On Saturday night they had the iced shrimp, lobster and crab claws.

Seems like if they have the lobster and such in the WJ, it's on Saturday night?

That is good to know. At least for lunch the WJ just had the standard WJ deserts in October. They did have sheet cake and ice cream at dinner, plus a giant apple pie. I didn't eat those though since I was going to MDR for dinner.

I'll have to hit up WJ the last night apparently.

Seems like if they have the lobster and such in the WJ, it's on Saturday night?

Yes. Chilled shrimp, lobster and crab claws on Saturday night in WJ. At 11:15am on Saturday we attended a Pasta Making Demonstration with fabulous family style lunch at Giovanni's Table ($) so didn't get to the MDR on the last sea day.

• 3 weeks later...
Yes. Chilled shrimp, lobster and crab claws on Saturday night in WJ. At 11:15am on Saturday we attended a Pasta Making Demonstration with fabulous family style lunch at Giovanni's Table ($) so didn't get to the MDR on the last sea day.

The pasta making demo had been cancelled on our cruise due to health inspector regulations. [emoji30]

Sent from my SM-J700T using Forums mobile app

Any one have a picture or know what the recent desert options at the Promenade Cafe are? I was very disappointed in October :(.

Off topic question for you, OSUZorba, but I'm going to ask anyway. How was the weather in October? We have an October cruise on Liberty planned, and have never cruised in October. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I never found the shrimp sandwiches last week[emoji22]

The Promenade Cafe had shrimp salad sandwiches in June. Didn't have any, but they were available.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums