ALL things Liberty of th Seas

I am well aware of the "gold cards only" sign. Many have chosen to totally ignore it ever since LB changed from concierge lounge to suite lounge. It has been a going joke with some of us about the card reader not working after more than 2 years from the change to a suite lounge. It has been so frustrating to the concierge to have to run people out who do not have gold cards. Anyway, it is at least partially fixed. Who knows. Maybe it will be totally working properly when next we sail Aug. 27.

Hey, we also sail on Aug 27! We are lowly diamond and do not have a suite so we will probably not see you in the lounge unless I can jimmy the lock. :D Maybe we will see you out and about though. We hang out in the diamond lounge some but not as much since the vouchers. Hoping for good weather and smooth seas.

On our two sailings, we never saw any issues with non gold card people going in the suite lounge. But the concierge was already right there at the door. In late November, the outside area was closed. I'm looking forward to that being open again - it was a really nice area.

• 2 weeks later...
We'll have a gold card on the August 27th cruise. And I'm hoping my DDs won't have a hard time. They are staying in a Promenade cabin however it is the Ben and Jerry's so they have access to the lounge also as a perk of looking at cow butts for a week[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

aa9aa3e58eaa9826756732cd5e9bce11.jpg

Nothing wrong with cow butts. Maybe if you are nice they'll share their ice cream with you. Suite perks at a promenade price isn't shabby. Lol.

I know the LOS suite lounge has appetizers & beverages late afternoon through early evening but here's what I'm wondering (and I couldn't find info by searching this thread, so sorry if it's already been answered)...

On embarkation day, we plan on heading to the suite lounge to wait for cabin to be available. We'll have had breakfast and are doing specialty in the evening, therefore we don't want a big lunch. Will the suite lounge have any goodies available upon embarkation and if so, what are the approximate times for this?

Thank you for your help, very much appreciated!

I know the LOS suite lounge has appetizers & beverages late afternoon through early evening but here's what I'm wondering (and I couldn't find info by searching this thread, so sorry if it's already been answered)...

On embarkation day, we plan on heading to the suite lounge to wait for cabin to be available. We'll have had breakfast and are doing specialty in the evening, therefore we don't want a big lunch. Will the suite lounge have any goodies available upon embarkation and if so, what are the approximate times for this?

Thank you for your help, very much appreciated!

No goodies (maybe some cookies) when you embark. Cocktail hours are 4:30-8:00.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There may also be a bowl of fruit on embarkation day. We wait there as well. No lunch is ever served in the suite lounge on LB. There will be a suite reception, probably at 11 AM on a sea day, with appetizers and drinks offered for 30 minutes.

Thanks for the replies! I wasn't expecting a true lunch but had hoped maybe they'd have a few "welcome aboard" light appetizers and, of course, champagne...because one must have bubbly before one begins a cruise--LOL!

DH may want a bite of something so we could certainly just tag-team down to WJ for tiny snack.

Thanks for the replies! I wasn't expecting a true lunch but had hoped maybe they'd have a few "welcome aboard" light appetizers and, of course, champagne...because one must have bubbly before one begins a cruise--LOL!

DH may want a bite of something so we could certainly just tag-team down to WJ for tiny snack.

Check out Sorrentos and Cafe Promenade on deck 5.

No champagne either, until cocktail time, which is 4:30-8 PM on LB.

Plus, if you pre-order champagne to be delivered to your Suite for sailaway, it won't be delivered until day 2 due to Texas liquor laws[emoji15]. Bring your own as one of your 2 allowed wines.

We never buy bottles or glasses of adult beverages in either Texas or Florida due to the liquor laws & associated taxes. One time out of Houston, the MDR staff wouldn't even open our self-brought bottle of wine at dinner until far enough out to sea, which wasn't until about dessert time!!

Already planned to bring our own champagne for sail away!

Are there any quiet (less crowded) locations to eat lunch on embarkation. I know most folks head to the Windjammer, but are any of the specialty dinning options or MDR open for lunch?

Don't know if you would consider it less quiet, but Cafe Promenade and Sorrento's are open.

MDR is not open for lunch on embarkation day. Don't know about specialty restaurants.

Don't know if you would consider it less quiet, but Cafe Promenade and Sorrento's are open.

MDR is not open for lunch on embarkation day. Don't know about specialty restaurants.

Specialties were not open for lunch on embarkation, they are open on sea days during cruise, suite gold card can have lunch in Giovanni's but its not same lunch as the one you pay for

Thank you, Bob. This will be our first RC cruise and after reading about embarkation, I think I want to avoid the Windjammer, at least on that first afternoon.

Just board after 1:30pm, crowds greatly diminished in WJ.

We will be sailing LOS on Sept 3rd. Has anyone checked bottled water...like in a duffle bag.....and it was delivered to your cabin?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Forums mobile app

I have heard MANY people have checked a case of bottled water with porters and had it delivered to cabin with no problem.

I saw luggage coming out of the elevator on my deck and I saw lots of cases of bottled water with luggage tags taped to the case. I wondered at the time why we didn't do this! I am going to try it on our cruise on the 20th. I am also taking my Artic cup to put ice tea from the Windjammer in it.