RCCL tips/hints and not to miss - what do you love

hugger

It's been a few year's since I've cruised with RCCL. We are going on the Vision of the Sea's in two weeks.

I have searched but not found any up to date info list's.

I am wondering what are your not to miss things to eat on RCCL? Especially in the Main Dining Rooms and Windjammer?

__

What are you tips about the ships and cabins themselves?

IE - where to find an additional electrical outlet? How to get more water pressure in the shower? Any additional hidden storage options you have found in the cabins?

What specific extra's do you like to bring for your cabin on RCCL?

_______

what out of the places do you enjoy on the ship?

Looking forward to what all of we CCer's LOVE about RCCL

We've never had an issue with water pressure....always been great!

Under the bed is where you're suitcases need to go....

My "no miss" food items have been discontinued, or changed to the point where I don't miss them at all!

In order for me to sleep at home, I *must* have a fan on. More than anything, it's the sound of the fan that helps me sleep. So we pack a small travel fan.

Bring a can of air freshener as well. Cabins can be small, and there are times a can of spray can be greatly appreciated.

I brought my laptop, which has 3 USB ports. So I could plug the laptop into the wall plug and then everyone's phone or tablet would get plugged into the laptop to charge. (We did not use phones for internet... instead we were using them to take pictures, etc.)

Regarding the main dining room... any of the chilled soups were fantastic. For the Windjammer, the kids ADORED the french fries. (They like their fries extra extra extra crispy/crunchy.)

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

Main Dining: Any of the pasta dishes especially the one made with Olive Oil and garlic

Windjammer: I love their hashbrowns at breakfast as well as their French toast and fresh fruit. Lunch: I love their fries (I'm a potato person lol). Dinner I always make sure to get their garlic bread if they have it. I love their salad bar at any time of the day!

About the ship: I love their shows...especially the comedians that come on board. I like to relax the most, whether it's laying outside or inside with a drink listening to the bands/singers that play. I love the 70's night...nothing beats the village people!

Cabin: I'm not in the cabin much. We always get the cheapest room so I know we have limited space. I don't worry to much about storage since I'm only in their to sleep and to get ready.

In order for me to sleep at home, I *must* have a fan on. More than anything, it's the sound of the fan that helps me sleep. So we pack a small travel fan.

Bring notepaper and pen. We also put a magnet on our door, so it's easier for us to find in a hallway of identical doors.

For us, we've downloaded a Kindle app that produces relaxing sounds. I use Relax Melodies Premium: A White Noise Ambience For Sleep, Meditation & Yoga. Got it under the free app of the day program, but they also have a free version which I got for free back when they still offered free app of the day. We plug our kindle in, and have it run all night long.

Edited by knittinggirl

I have a sound soother (sound machine) that is very well traveled, it goes everywhere with us. My pillow goes everywhere with us.

I have a bungee cord clothes line I made for hand washing. It's link can be adjusted according to space available.

My favorite place on the ship is the Centrium which I understand isn't on some of the larger ships.

We prefer to eat in Windjammer, more selection and I'm vegetarian.

I will be buying a good memory foam mattress topper for bed. Sleeping on Vision was brutal. Actually the plan is to ship it to me at our FLL hotel.

I always like extra pillows.

Favorite drink Mudslide, but hope to find a bartender that can make lemon, lime and bitters. Got turned on to those in Australia.

Six weeks and five days we leave for FLL. :D

Please keep them coming.

Great idea for the magnet on the door.

And, I have a sound machine - may throw that in as well as the fan - would take up less room than a second fan. We are at the very front of the ship on VOS in an ocean view cabin. I KNOW there will be noise from the ropes etc

I am going to take my head pillow too - I like at least 2 other pillows too.

EXTRA x3 crispy Fries will check them out!

air freshner and power strips ALWAYS :o

Love the idea of using the laptop to charge the other devices!

Thanks ALL

Please keep the idea's coming

We always bring a couple of highlighters to identify the "must do's" in the Compass.

We've never missed a Quest. We laugh until our sides hurt.

I absolutely love the roast duck and red cabbage which is usually served on day 2. I also love the scallops in garlic appetizer.

If you have room, bring a collapsible clothes hamper. Depending upon the type of room you have, you may or may not have room for it. It will fold down completely flat so it won't take up any room in your luggage and will add very little weight.

I always bring a collapsible shoe rack (over-the-door) for my shoes ! ...and a smaller one for the sundries.

CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP ! and Grand Marnier soufflé.

Something like this is a lot lighter to carry than a laptop :)

http://www.amazon.com/Abco-Tech-Multiple-USB-Charger/dp/B00MPUKCT2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1458597455&sr=8-3&keywords=multiple+usb+charger

Tom

Bring a can of air freshener as well. Cabins can be small, and there are times a can of spray can be greatly appreciated.

I brought my laptop, which has 3 USB ports. So I could plug the laptop into the wall plug and then everyone's phone or tablet would get plugged into the laptop to charge. (We did not use phones for internet... instead we were using them to take pictures, etc.)

Regarding the main dining room... any of the chilled soups were fantastic. For the Windjammer, the kids ADORED the french fries. (They like their fries extra extra extra crispy/crunchy.)

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

The Tutti salad (sp?) on sea days is my fave thing along with room service coffee and yogurt on my balcony in the morning. The rest of room service morning food has greatly declined IMHO. I also like, when available, breakfast and lunch in MDR. We have always had interesting table mates.

Have a great time

Kathie

MDR items I try not to miss: Key Lime Pie, Rosemary Lamb Shank, Eggs Benedict (breakfast).

Windjammer items: Paella (usually embarkation day).

Yes to the paella (so sad it is usually only on embarkation day) in the WJ.

Chocolate chip cookies, not the sugar free variety

Cheesecake lollipops

Strawberry Melon drink

Watching the food frenzy in the WJ on embarkation day, after I have enjoyed a relaxing lunch because we board early.

Edited by Paulette3028

There's an amazing product out there called Poopourri. You spray in in the toilet before going, and it traps the bad smell. It's $10 for a small bottle at Bed, Bath, and Beyond.