International cafe charges

lexusgirl12

I just saw a princess ad and it said there was a charge for goodies at the international cafe ( one of my fav places). Not the case on our last cruise in October. Any info on this? Thanks

Specialty coffee type drinks.

Gelato if the particular IC has it.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I just saw a princess ad and it said there was a charge for goodies at the international cafe ( one of my fav places). Not the case on our last cruise in October. Any info on this? Thanks

I don't have first hand experience on this,but read they have some Norman Love desserts that have a fee.

Gelato is a fee for those ships that have it at the I.C.,but it's a great price.( 3 scoops for $1.50)

Coffee and specialty tea is for a fee,but I don't consider that part of the I.C.,it is to the left of the I.C.

Julie

The nominal charge either refers to the coffee drink in the picture or it's for the new Norman Love chocs. I dunno if I would pay extra for those because the usual goodies at the IC are delicious and no charge!

Thank you. I was trying to remember his name from the promos/ads they were showing on the ship's TV last month.

According to an email I got today, Princess was touting new chocolate oferriings in the IC. The email stated that there would be a modest charge for those items.

Of course Princess considers $39 to be a modest charge for the new Share restaurant.

Yes, the new modest charge is for the new chocolate items. What bothers me is that these items no doubt take the space of items (some chocolate no doubt) that used to be there and were free.

This means less choice of free items at the IC.

When the IC was first introduced with the launch of the Crown, there were charges for a number of items from candied apples to chocolate covered strawberries. After a few years, these items were no longer available at the IC and everything was free except for gelato. I assume this happened due to low sales.

A thought on modest: if I paid $1999 for a cruise and I paid $2 for a dessert that would only be .1 of a percent charge. $39 with that same cruise price would be almost 2% of the price. Dessert modest; special dinner not modest. Just remember when going on a cruise that it can be priceless and to not leave home without your credit card. :eek:

I received the same E-mail today. The chocolate desserts being sold in the International Café for a nominal charge is for Norman Love creations. Other items will still be free of charge. Here's a photo of some of the Norman Love desserts that will be for sale at the International Café.

chocolate-day-night.jpg

Edited by Kenosha Cruiser

Thanks to Sip and Sail promo we have the AIBP on both of our upcoming cruises....we have never purchased before so not clear on what is covered. If I am reading correctly, the gelato and "fee" desserts at the IC are covered by the AIBP.

Looking forward to hearing from others as to exactly what is included at the IC with our AIBP (All Inclusive Beverage Package).

I received the same E-mail today. The chocolate desserts being sold in the International Café for a nominal charge is for Norman Love creations. Other items will still be free of charge. Here's a photo of some of the Norman Love desserts that will be for sale at the International Café.

chocolate-day-night.jpg

I want (at least) one of each!👍