International cafe charges

lexusgirl12

Thanks to Sip and Sail promo we have the AIBP on both of our upcoming cruises....we have never purchased before so not clear on what is covered. If I am reading correctly, the gelato and "fee" desserts at the IC are covered by the AIBP.

Looking forward to hearing from others as to exactly what is included at the IC with our AIBP (All Inclusive Beverage Package).

Gelato yes (Royal/Regal), fee desserts?? I have not heard that.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Thanks to Sip and Sail promo we have the AIBP on both of our upcoming cruises....we have never purchased before so not clear on what is covered. If I am reading correctly, the gelato and "fee" desserts at the IC are covered by the AIBP.

Looking forward to hearing from others as to exactly what is included at the IC with our AIBP (All Inclusive Beverage Package).

The AIBP description states that it includes "Any individual beverage item." The Gelato venue on the Royal and Regal offers some alcoholic ice cream drinks and apparently, both those drinks and other non beverage items, such as gelato, are available with the AIBP on those two ships. This is probably because you can also use the Coffee Card to purchase gelato for one punch and the alcoholic drinks for two punches at Gelato on those two ships. I haven't seen posts stating that gelato is included at the IC on the Crown, Emerald and Ruby. The "for a fee" Norman Love desserts are a new item at the IC but I doubt they will be free with the AIBP.

My reactions may not be typical but I have found the Norman Love desserts to be disappointing (other than the pops handed out during the Champagne Waterfall) and I would not pay a premium for one.

Edited by IECalCruiser

I'm guessing there will be at least a modest demand for the Norman Love items. Many people drool over those items. I find them good but can take them or leave them and tend not to eat too many of the dessert items other than in MDR. Most of them are just too fattening to eat very often. At home, dessert is not a normal part of our meals.

I'm guessing there will be at least a modest demand for the Norman Love items. Many people drool over those items. I find them good but can take them or leave them and tend not to eat too many of the dessert items other than in MDR. Most of them are just too fattening to eat very often. At home, dessert is not a normal part of our meals.

When my box of See's Candy runs out then I will be tempted to try them as long as they are good quality chocolate. This is one time I don't mind being nickeled and dimed to death. The other choice is don't buy them.

Have yet to see any dark chocolate love deserts

You mean other than those delicious Norman Love pops handed out during the Champagne Waterfall?

And the UNBELIEVABLE chocolate souffle at dinner!!!!!

We were on the Royal in February and there were some Norman Love pastries in the IC (no charge) and I tried a couple. They were very eh. I hope that's not what they're going to charge for - although that's also not what's pictured.

The "nominal fee" chocolate treat that appeared in a recent e-mail promotion is for one daily treat at the IC. Other offerings in the e-mail included "Discover chocolate raspberry Bretons in Horizon Court for breakfast - Delight in chocolate bites graciously paired with our Afternoon Tea - Savor a blissful slice of chocolate cake with new flavors rotated each evening in Horizon Court" All part of more "Chocolate Journeys" in 2016. Presumably all these other goodies are included in your cruise fare!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Now that they are "going the way" of charging us around the ship, I just may be seeking refunds if I don't get my 275.00 dollar a day's worth in "pre-paid/included" other services:cool:.

Edited by MTJSR

I just saw a princess ad and it said there was a charge for goodies at the international cafe ( one of my fav places). Not the case on our last cruise in October. Any info on this? Thanks

It's free except for coffee.

I might be alone but I have a hard time consuming a large amounts on a cruise. I board being fully ready to eat everything in sight but I get full and I simply cannot eat a lot. I have gone to dinner wishing I could eat the delicious food placed in front of me but often I can only manage a bite or two.

That said, I'm jealous of the people who have room for dessert.

Just special desserts have a charge? Sandwiches and salads do not, correct?

Correct. And no charge for the "non-special" desserts.

There is a charge for Gelato on the three ships that have that at the IC.