Ordering Water to your Room

august1963

You may all know this already.....we used to go to the store the night before, put bottles of water in our luggage and haul it onto the ship..... Well, I noticed this year that you can get a 12-pack of water delivered to your room beforehand for only $3.99....totally worth it in my opinion. They are 16.9 ounce bottles.

Carnival started this about a year ago, no bottles allowed, only cans or cartons. They also stated that they would sell cheap bottled water since you can't carry water bottles on, it was $2.99 for a 12 pack.

But, they have already raised the price to $3.99.

Still cheaper than on RC. I will take that price any day!!

I don't like the purified water they sell, though. Someone posted cans or "cartons"....I have seen spring water in cartons, but not in cans. Am I really able to bring these cartons of spring water onboard? They do have screw caps, too, so I'll bet they would be disallowed....

We have starting buying Carnival's bottled water - I like having it to take into port and also keep a bottle with my meds. I don't have a problem with the ship's tap water, but we use their cups for our toiletries instead of drinking out of them. I'm not a fan of drinking out of the room cups since watching the video of hotel maids wiping them out with the same towels used to wipe down the counters.

As far as cartons with screw tops - my hubby takes premier protein drinks with him & they didn't give him any problems.

They raised the price a whole dollar.

I can deal.

So can most. I see the attempts to turn this thread into yet another one moaning and groaning about a $1 increase. It's still mighty cheap for the convenience of having it if you want it. And the fact is that people initially thought the price was a glitch in the system @ $2.99, because it was so cheap. You can save and not buy it at all if the $1 increase is that bothersome.

Carnival got this right. I'm quick to point out Carnival's deficiencies, but I give them props when they do stuff right.

$3.99 per 12 pack of 16 oz bottles sure beats lugging a case on by oneself (not that I, the 1 luggage carry on advocate, has even thought about doing that myself). I've watched people attempt it and they usually wind up dropping something along the way, or the darn case of water implodes and bottles fall everywhere.

I wonder how much over all time is saved in the actual boarding process by discontinuing carry on bottled water? I'll bet it adds up to a substantial amount of time.

A previous poster cited RC for the high price of its water, and I can tell you that on NCL, a 12 pack of 1 Liter bottles is priced at $39.95. YIKES!

We have starting buying Carnival's bottled water - I like having it to take into port and also keep a bottle with my meds. I don't have a problem with the ship's tap water, but we use their cups for our toiletries instead of drinking out of them. I'm not a fan of drinking out of the room cups since watching the video of hotel maids wiping them out with the same towels used to wipe down the counters.

As far as cartons with screw tops - my hubby takes premier protein drinks with him & they didn't give him any problems.

Was this before or after the change was made?

How thoroughly do they actually check bags for bottled water these days? Water is pretty much all I drink, and the tiny bit they allow (if you can find it in a can or carton) isn't going to cut it for the week. The bottled water you can pre-order is purified, which - to me - tastes like dirt.

We bring down Lido cups. Though I have seen trays of glasses on the stewards' carts.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

How thoroughly do they actually check bags for bottled water these days? Water is pretty much all I drink, and the tiny bit they allow (if you can find it in a can or carton) isn't going to cut it for the week. The bottled water you can pre-order is purified, which - to me - tastes like dirt.

This comment is so absurd, I had to comment. The water is just fine no taste what so ever, just like water. You do not need to pre order. On our 11 day cruise we drank 3 cases. You call room service and the water was delivered in 10 minutes. I also gave the the guy a dollar tip. We always bring powdered Gatorade, great morning hangover remedy.

This comment is so absurd, I had to comment. The water is just fine no taste what so ever, just like water. You do not need to pre order. On our 11 day cruise we drank 3 cases. You call room service and the water was delivered in 10 minutes. I also gave the the guy a dollar tip. We always bring powdered Gatorade, great morning hangover remedy.

The poster did specify that it tastes bad to him - a personal preference. I agree that it is an unpleasant tasting water and would much prefer spring water. If I had my "druthers", I would love if there was a choice of purified Miami city water (which it was on my last Carnival cruise) or spring water, for which I would gladly pay more.

Still, if that choice isn't there, I will preorder my 2 cases on the next cruise - unless I can find canned spring water!

YOUR comment is so absurd, I had to respond. Different waters DO taste differently, which you'd know if you weren't putting neon-colored chemical powder into it. If you want to pump your body full of sodium and unnecessary electrolytes because you can't control your alcohol consumption, that's on you. Those of us who prefer to drink water are entitled to our own opinion, even if it differs from yours.

Many people say they bring a Britta water pitcher with them and fill it with the ships water.

the bottled water has no taste. Taste like dirt? seriously? The tap water definitely has a little different taste. We mostly drink plain water, Gatorade is just a bonus. I guess the NFL and all other athletes all have it wrong.

Edited by coevan

Our first cruise was the Dream when she was pretty new. The lido water had a terrible taste. In the MDR with lots of ice it was fine. The taste is all subjective.

I appreciate carnival selling the 12 pack for $4, even after the $1 increase. I just hope they don't raise it every couple months. I can understand if they did it to break even, or make a slight profit. And you have to realize they quit allowing bottles to be brought on board to curb alcohol smuggling. That's a huge source of income for them and helps keep cruise fares lower. Plus I don't have to lug it on so that's a plus.

Our first cruise was the Dream when she was pretty new. The lido water had a terrible taste. In the MDR with lots of ice it was fine. The taste is all subjective.

I appreciate carnival selling the 12 pack for $4, even after the $1 increase. I just hope they don't raise it every couple months. I can understand if they did it to break even, or make a slight profit. And you have to realize they quit allowing bottles to be brought on board to curb alcohol smuggling. That's a huge source of income for them and helps keep cruise fares lower. Plus I don't have to lug it on so that's a plus.

I was trying to figure out why cans and cartons were OK but not plastic bottles.

Now I understand.

Thanks