ANTHEM - What's going on with DD/Classic Dining?

Sent my email off to Mr. Bayley today and I received the following reply from the Executive Office:

Thank you for contacting the executive offices of Royal Caribbean International. Your correspondence to Mr. Bayley was forwarded to my attention upon review, and I welcome the opportunity to respond on his behalf.

We are pleased you chose the Anthem of the Seas for your upcoming vacation and regret to learn of your concerns relating to Dynamic Dining. We are currently reviewing your correspondence and will follow up with you upon the completion of our review to address your concerns

Sent my email off to Mr. Bayley today and I received the following reply from the Executive Office:

Thank you for contacting the executive offices of Royal Caribbean International. Your correspondence to Mr. Bayley was forwarded to my attention upon review, and I welcome the opportunity to respond on his behalf.

We are pleased you chose the Anthem of the Seas for your upcoming vacation and regret to learn of your concerns relating to Dynamic Dining. We are currently reviewing your correspondence and will follow up with you upon the completion of our review to address your concerns

That reply made me chuckle out loud.

do you think the Solarium will still be open for breakfast and lunch...is it just dinner for suite guest. I like getting ice tea from there when I am in the solarium

When the change to dining finally goes into effect, Solarium Bistro will be for those guests booked in a Grand Suite or higher cabin and C&A Pinnacle Club Members.

When the change to dining finally goes into effect, Solarium Bistro will be for those guests booked in a Grand Suite or higher cabin and C&A Pinnacle Club Members.

That seems like a waste. Is Coastal Kitchen ever full at breakfast or lunch?

Would it be possible to get a quick summary of what we know/suspect so far? Been trying to follow the thread but it grows quickly. A quick summary would be very appreciated

Sometime around May 1 Anthem will switch from Dynamic Dining to Traditional/MTD. Same menus in all four restaurants, two will be traditional and two will be MTD.

On our Quantum cruise it wasn't even full at dinner. We ate there one night and the manager told us if we wanted to come back to let her know.

However, if the rumors come true and the 4 dining rooms are operated like traditional ships they will be packed and CK and SB will probably be used by more suites/Pinnacle guests. Hopefully the CK and SB will continue to offer their menus. I may be that suite/Pinnacle guests will be assigned to CK and SB instead of the dining rooms. (anything could happen).

I totally understand everyones frustration and have the same feelings. We are booked on the Anthem for Oct. 6 but if the reviews after the switch are negative we will probably cancel.

However, if the rumors come true and the 4 dining rooms are operated like traditional ships they will be packed and CK and SB will probably be used by more suites/Pinnacle guests. Hopefully the CK and SB will continue to offer their menus. I may be that suite/Pinnacle guests will be assigned to CK and SB instead of the dining rooms. (anything could happen).

I totally understand everyones frustration and have the same feelings. We are booked on the Anthem for Oct. 6 but if the reviews after the switch are negative we will probably cancel.

Gail (or Gil), your so right. With traditional dining CK and SB will most likely be full. I bet they will be assigned to those restaurants. We're booked in November and April 2017. Will most likely keep the November booking because we're going with a bunch of friends but if we aren't happy in November I'll be canceling the April one.

I just did a mock booking and the only choice coming up for dinner was Classic and the times were 6 and 8. It said MTD wasn't even available. Guess we just have to wait and see what happens once they decide to announce it.

Well, here's the response I got from the letter I wrote. Doubt very much that I'll hear anything further but at least I feel better telling them exactly what I think of this change.......LOL

Dear Mrs. *******:

We are in receipt of your e-mail to the Executive Office of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Your e-mail has been directed to my attention, and I welcome this opportunity to respond on behalf of Messrs. Fain and Bayley.

Your concerns are currently being reviewed, and you will be contacted within the near future for assistance.

Mrs. *****i, thank you for your patience and understanding. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Kind Regards,

Joan Bernheimer

Executive Guest Relations | Executive Office

(888) 767-4644 | jbernheimer@rccl.com

Royal Caribbean International

Well, here's the response I got from the letter I wrote. Doubt very much that I'll hear anything further but at least I feel better telling them exactly what I think of this change.......LOL

Dear Mrs. *******:

We are in receipt of your e-mail to the Executive Office of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Your e-mail has been directed to my attention, and I welcome this opportunity to respond on behalf of Messrs. Fain and Bayley.

Your concerns are currently being reviewed, and you will be contacted within the near future for assistance.

Mrs. *****i, thank you for your patience and understanding. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Kind Regards,

Joan Bernheimer

Executive Guest Relations | Executive Office

(888) 767-4644 | jbernheimer@rccl.com

Royal Caribbean International

I love how they use lots of words to say NOTHING!! But thanks for posting that useless (them, not you) reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Currently on Anthem and loving classic. Sorry the rotational dining is going away:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you hear anything onboard about when they are changing it? I'm so disappointed in them for doing this change. I just don't understand because so many people really love it.

Did you hear anything onboard about when they are changing it? I'm so disappointed in them for doing this change. I just don't understand because so many people really love it.

I haven't heard anything, but I don't have the ear of any higher-ups. My husband & daughter took the all access tour this morning and nothing was mentioned there either.

I haven't heard anything, but I don't have the ear of any higher-ups. My husband & daughter took the all access tour this morning and nothing was mentioned there either.

Thanks.......it's just annoying that all those rumors got out and yet Royal isn't making any announcements.

Patty

Sometime around May 1 Anthem will switch from Dynamic Dining to Traditional/MTD. Same menus in all four restaurants, two will be traditional and two will be MTD.

May 1st would be in the middle of our sailing! I hope they hold off until May 5th, at least! We prefer traditional dining and have rotational classic booked, but it's not being able to use the Solarium Bistro that I will miss the most, as it was a great spot for a quiet lunch.

May 1st would be in the middle of our sailing! I hope they hold off until May 5th, at least! We prefer traditional dining and have rotational classic booked, but it's not being able to use the Solarium Bistro that I will miss the most, as it was a great spot for a quiet lunch.

And we'll miss the whole concept of DD and being able to eat at any restaurant we want and when we want. It's just not fair if they think they're sticking MTDing in Silk or American Icon for 12 nights!!! That's not why I booked this ship!!!

Today on Anthem, this question was asked at the Captain's corner. The restaurant manager basically skirted the issue and acknowledged the rumor on cruise critic, but said right now we have dynamic dining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today on Anthem, this question was asked at the Captain's corner. The restaurant manager basically skirted the issue and acknowledged the rumor on cruise critic, but said right now we have dynamic dining.

He should be a politician. :p