Price adjust

pateng

Absolutely! We have ridden down the price on our May 31 Connie cruise in the Med so many times that we and our TA have trouble keeping the various paperwork straight! Ended up in the best S1 Sky Suite for less than we had originally booked an A1, and with more bennies.

also, you have to compare the lower price to what you are getting. the new lower price may not include any perks and you can not get your perks and the lower price too, unless the perks are available with the new lower price. confused yet?

call your travel agent or celebrity if you booked directly and ask. they will take care of you

Does Celebrity adjust pricing for a booked cruise (before final payment has been made) if a lower price is available?

A particularly annoying issue in our case . We are in the UK and early booked a 14 day Baltic cruise sailing this July in an Inside grade cabin - so no perks included or applicable . As we don't drink this is no big deal for us . The price of our cabin has now been reduced BY CELEBRITY on their website by 600 dollars , approx. £400 . We have contacted Celebrity and asked them for either a refund or obc to the value of the difference . Celebrity's booking terms and conditions state that if THEY , CELEBRITY . reduce your same grade cabin price prior to final payment date they will refund the difference . NOT SO !

Despite this information being clearly stated on both their UK website and in their UK / Europe brochure they will only honour this promise to either US or Canadian bookings . And if you try and claim it online via their claim form a drop down box appears requesting country of origin and only accepts US or Canada !

Despite a raft of e-mails to Celebrity Public Relations they refuse to budge , use every excuse in the book and just say ' Tough ' .

In all honesty it the principle at stake here not the money . Why should we in the UK be penalized and not subject to the same booking terms and conditions for the same cruise as our US fellow cruisers ?

A particularly annoying issue in our case . We are in the UK and early booked a 14 day Baltic cruise sailing this July in an Inside grade cabin - so no perks included or applicable . As we don't drink this is no big deal for us . The price of our cabin has now been reduced BY CELEBRITY on their website by 600 dollars , approx. £400 . We have contacted Celebrity and asked them for either a refund or obc to the value of the difference . Celebrity's booking terms and conditions state that if THEY , CELEBRITY . reduce your same grade cabin price prior to final payment date they will refund the difference . NOT SO !

Despite this information being clearly stated on both their UK website and in their UK / Europe brochure they will only honour this promise to either US or Canadian bookings . And if you try and claim it online via their claim form a drop down box appears requesting country of origin and only accepts US or Canada !

Despite a raft of e-mails to Celebrity Public Relations they refuse to budge , use every excuse in the book and just say ' Tough ' .

In all honesty it the principle at stake here not the money . Why should we in the UK be penalized and not subject to the same booking terms and conditions for the same cruise as our US fellow cruisers ?

Totally agree. We get high prices and none of the flexibility. We loose deposits if cancelling / moving cruises as well. Seems very unfair to me

You are barking up the wrong tree, problem is not with Celebrity problem is with the rules and laws you have in effect in the UK. You have certain protections that we don't have in the states but there is a trade off. Again, problem is not Celebrity, its your laws.

easy way out: use a US based TA and put the money on a $ account to be shure you have no exchange rate fluctuation....

That is indeed an option .

But wouldn't it be easier if Celebrity did the decent thing and honoured their own price promise ?

You are barking up the wrong tree, problem is not with Celebrity problem is with the rules and laws you have in effect in the UK. You have certain protections that we don't have in the states but there is a trade off. Again, problem is not Celebrity, its your laws.

The same applies in Australia and of course the problem is Celebrity. How can you possibly say it is our laws in Australia and the U.K. What are "these certain protections" we have? Our final payment is 151 days out, it is 80 in the US. How can they justify any of that?

Edited by kobecat

How does Celebrity compare to other cruise lines as I have only sailed on NCL. I will be traveling with my wife and 10 year old son. Will there be enough things to do for him and is he allowed in the solarium pool?

The same applies in Australia and of course the problem is Celebrity. How can you possibly say it is our laws in Australia and the U.K. What are "these certain protections" we have? Our final payment is 151 days out, it is 80 in the US. How can they justify any of that?

Perhaps you should research it and you will find out. For one thing, there is a certain trip protection clause or law that you have which requires the trip has to go off just about perfectly. Missed flights, etc are not allowed.

There are loads of previous threads on this, do a little research. This comes up all the time, answer is the same, sorry, I sympathize with you, I just did a reduction last week but it's not Celebrity's fault.

Edited by dkjretired

Misrepresentation on Celebritys own media outlet is nothing to do with UK travel protection. The Poster wasn't complaining about the US and UK being treated differently - their specific complaint was that the T&Cs that Celebrity posts on their own website are not being adhered to by them.

I'm no lawyer but that seems like a breach of contract to me.

Because if you book flights and a cruise thru Celebrity and say you miss a port then you are eligible for compensation proportionate to the cost of your trip. When USA clients miss a port due to any reason - weather and medical evacs for example - we might get $10 refunded for port fees and if we had a private tour paid for - too bad. Those costs and refunds are significant. Those rules are not Celebrity or the other cruise lines but passed by your Parliament.

same with a change in Itinerary. We might get $250 to "assist" with changing air if booked with Choice Air or "help" in getting to the ship at a later port if weather is poor, but if I book a package using my address outside of Melbourne and there are any issues Celebrity pays for anything that is amiss.

The issue is.... "Celebrity's booking terms and conditions state that if THEY , CELEBRITY . reduce your same grade cabin price prior to final payment date they will refund the difference"

In the UK they don't do this. That is nothing to do with UK or AUS protection.

Just a suggestion, but ask if you could upgrade to a higher cabin without paying anything extra. It's worth a try. I realise you are pointing out that X are not adhering to their own T&C, and not the fact that UK costs are more because of the 'added' protection. However, if you're not getting any further forward with the refund, it may be worth pushing for a higher category cabin cabin ;).

For future reference, we tend to book all our cruises in the US because of the flexibility, especially if booked far in advance ;). It appears that much more can be altered/updated/offered without penalties, unlike the UK.

Lovescarborough,

It will depend on your TA. Always ask before transferring what the TA is offering and do they honour price drops (many UK TAs no longer do) ;).

That is indeed an option .

But wouldn't it be easier if Celebrity did the decent thing and honoured their own price promise ?

YES!! But it's the same with all the UK booked cruiselines.................very unfair whoever makes the rules.

You can get the price drop if you cancel and rebook but since the saving is only £400 and you'd lose £300 on your original deposit (assuming there's 2 of you) it wouldn't be worth it in my opinion. I managed to get a huge price drop (almost £1k) even after losing my original deposit.

Misrepresentation on Celebritys own media outlet is nothing to do with UK travel protection. The Poster wasn't complaining about the US and UK being treated differently - their specific complaint was that the T&Cs that Celebrity posts on their own website are not being adhered to by them.

I'm no lawyer but that seems like a breach of contract to me.

Actually the poster was complaining about not getting the lower price as well as the "misrepresentation." If Celebrity does that it is wrong, my guess is they have something in the fine print which negates the wording. They do have lawyers you know.

I'm in the Uk, I dont know if rules have changed recently but in 2014 I had a price drop on an inside gty I had booked, I had been assigned a cabin already but the price went down on the gty a lot. I had paid my final payment but final payment wasn't yet due and Celebrity honoured the price reduction and gave me a refund. I went back into the gty pool and within twenty minutes had been assigned the very same cabin I had before :D

Fast forward to this year. I find that Celebrity UK are willing to reduce prices and change bookings on cruises that you haven't got any offers on. They will however charge a change fee of £75pp unless you are CC Elite for above and then you get one free change per booking.

So for example if I booked an inside cabin and the prices of balconies went down, I could perhaps change to a balcony cabin BUT would not get the associated drinks package available if I had booked the cruise as a new customer.

You should be able to get this new price as you don't have an offer on your booking, at the very least you should be able to change for £75pp.

I've just changed two cruises totally and had the deposits transfered over, as I'm elite it didnt cost me any change fees at all.

Did you book direct with Celebrity or a TA?