Adventure of the Seas - towels

We will be cruising AOTS. If you have cruised AOTS recently, can we take towels from our room, swimming pool or what? I just don't want to have to bring beach towels, if the ship would provide them.

If we do not take the towels from the room, where do we pick them up, and return them. What happens if someone would take one of our towels while we are at the beach? Should someone always be there to watch them, if they let us take them off the ship?

We will be cruising AOTS. If you have cruised AOTS recently, can we take towels from our room, swimming pool or what? I just don't want to have to bring beach towels, if the ship would provide them.

If we do not take the towels from the room, where do we pick them up, and return them. What happens if someone would take one of our towels while we are at the beach? Should someone always be there to watch them, if they let us take them off the ship?

They have beach towels to check out on the pool deck. If you don't return the towels, they will charge you $25 per towel.

same as all your other cruises

We were on Adventure in Feb and there was no towel check out with your Seapass card on the pool deck. I just grabbed a few towels for use in the cabin and on excursions.

Towels were also available when leaving the ship, but I don't know if you had to check them out with your Seapass card. My guess is no check out because I never saw a "check in" operation to take them off your card.

We were on Adventure in Feb and there was no towel check out with your Seapass card on the pool deck. I just grabbed a few towels for use in the cabin and on excursions.

Towels were also available when leaving the ship, but I don't know if you had to check them out with your Seapass card. My guess is no check out because I never saw a "check in" operation to take them off your card.

Our experience has been that towels available as you leave the ship are checked out, but as you have more recent experience on Adventure than we do, I would not be surprised if the policies have changed.

We were on Adventure two weeks ago, 3/5 - 3/12. When my wife went to the pool deck early, before they had pre-stocked the suites loungers between decks 11 and 12 with towels, she got the big blue towels and had to have her seapass card scanned. She then returned the towels and was rescanned so at not to be charged. This happened nearly every day of the cruise.

When leaving the ship at ports there was a tent with RCI employees immediately upon exiting the ship. They too scanned cards for towels to be used for shore use.

Keep your packing light; no need for beach towels from home. Bon voyage!

Sounds like the towel system is totally inconsistent just like the IT system!

Even on the same ship on cruises separated by a few weeks. Vision in November, no swiping. Vision in January, swiping.

Maybe it depends on how fast the the HD's towel budget is being consumed.

Edited by clarea

Even on the same ship on cruises separated by a few weeks. Vision in November, no swiping. Vision in January, swiping.

Maybe it depends on how fast the the HD's towel budget is being consumed.

You know, you may have something there. I've been trying to figure out why there is towel security (scanning in and out) on some ships, but not on others. Individual ship inventory control just might be the explanation!

Judy

You know, you may have something there. I've been trying to figure out why there is towel security (scanning in and out) on some ships, but not on others. Individual ship inventory control just might be the explanation!

Judy

There is no explanation at all :D

Judy

RCI = Really Consistently Inconsistent

Feb. 27 to March 5 we had to check out and check in towels at the pool and when leaving the ship on Port days.

Feb. 27 to March 5 we had to check out and check in towels at the pool and when leaving the ship on Port days.

March 12 to 19...towels available on the pier as you leave the ship. Sea Pass is scanned but it did not look like the scanner was linked up to anything.

Thank you "everyone" for your postings, but guess, I'm still a little confused.

I gather we don't have to bring beach towels, but don't know whether to go "ahead" of time to the pool area and pick up towels, take them from our room, or get them as we get of the ship? Sorry but seems confusing.

I gather we don't have to bring beach towels, but don't know whether to go "ahead" of time to the pool area and pick up towels, take them from our room, or get them as we get of the ship? Sorry but seems confusing.

You can do either, but we like to get the towels ahead of time, so as to avoid SeaPass card swiping, if possible.

we like to get 2 each at the beginning of the cruise and keep them throughout exchanging for clean ones (no swiping) as needed. Then simply turning them in the last night

We always get fresh towels at the end of the day so I can repack the backpack for the next day. Never get them as I leave the ship. When we come back from a port one of us heads right to the pool deck to get towels for the next day. Then I am set.

On some ships, pool towels are in the cabin...on other ships, you have to get towels on the pool deck.

If that's the case, pick up the towels you need for the next day when you go ashore, the afternoon or evening before your shore day...just easier that way!

Interesting all the different towel handling methods. You'd think something so basic would have a common handling method.

We were on the Navigator in January. We never had to scan for a towel onboard the whole trip. At the pools and in the Solarium, there was a guy at a towel table handing them out. If you can visualize it he was next to the guy making the coconut drinks, by the automatics doors to the Solarium. We walked by and grabbed a towel. When done, we threw it in the dirty towel bin by the door.

Leaving the ship on excursions, we never needed to take a towel, but I do believe they were scanning them leaving and returning to the ship. That makes more sense because they are leaving the closed environment.

We'll be on Adventure next February. Hopefully they'll figure it out before then.

I guess the final answer to this is, depends upon what ship you are on?

If someone has been on the Adventure of the Seas recently, please let me know the best way, or where to pick up towels to take to the beach with us.

I guess the final answer to this is, depends upon what ship you are on?

If someone has been on the Adventure of the Seas recently, please let me know the best way, or where to pick up towels to take to the beach with us.

Best to pick up the towels on the pool deck.