Crazy long signatures

Gday Guys,

Love the CC forums, plenty of great information.....BUT!!

I really hate having to scroll through some of the ridiculously long signatures, some in here are 50 or 60 lines long...

including every cruise that they have ever done, plus their status for each cruise line, the countdown to their next 4 cruises, plus a "qwerky" statement at the end...:mad:

Does anyone really care about a cruise you did in 1986?

When a thread has 6 or 7 pages of replies, i rekon at least 4 pages are just of signatures..

Interested to see what other people think.

Cheers

Craig

Gday Guys,

I really hate having to scroll through some of the ridiculously long signatures, some in here are 50 or 60 lines long...

including every cruise that they have ever done, plus their status for each cruise line, the countdown to their next 4 cruises, plus a "qwerky" statement at the end...:mad:

When a thread has 6 or 7 pages of replies, i rekon at least 4 pages are just of signatures..

Cheers

Craig

Hi Craig.

Simple solution....This is what I do... Click on User CP...go to edit options and uncheck show signatures....Easy

That way the pages load much faster as well. If you want to see someones sig, just click on their name and you can check the profile and view all postings...:)

Gday Guys,

Cheers

Craig

Doesn't bother me, I just scroll on past.

What does bother me is when they post a photo (or other attachment) that is way too wide for the screen and you either have to scroll side to side as well, or all the print in other posts becomes so small you can't read it.

As if I'm not having enough trouble reading as it is.

Hi Craig.

Simple solution....This is what I do... Click on User CP...go to edit options and uncheck show signatures....Easy

That way the pages load much faster as well. If you want to see someones sig, just click on their name and you can check the profile and view all postings...:)

As long as when you have turned signatures off you then don't complain that they haven't told you something that is in there signature.

I know you don't do that David, but I have seen it in some other sub forums here on CC and other forums to which I belong.

Hi Craig.

Legend!!!

thank you I would never have found out that by myself!

Craig

Hi Craig.

I really need to go to Specsavers. :cool: and thanks for the info. IMO not a real problem in this forum.

Edited by happysnapper

Doesn't bother me, I just scroll on past.

What does bother me is when they post a photo (or other attachment) that is way too wide for the screen and you either have to scroll side to side as well, or all the print in other posts becomes so small you can't read it.

As if I'm not having enough trouble reading as it is.

Yes, that really annoys me too.

I think it's OK to have some cruise history showing in your signature and some countdown clocks but perhaps people should consider condensing the history when it gets too long, and also put their countdown clocks side by side - you do that by removing the space between the first countown clock code and the second.

Yes, that really annoys me too.

I think it's OK to have some cruise history showing in your signature and some countdown clocks but perhaps people should consider condensing the history when it gets too long, and also put their countdown clocks side by side - you do that by removing the space between the first countown clock code and the second.

I like having the Countdown clocks there, but as anyone who knows me knows I end up counting at least the hours (sometimes the minutes), but I then delete them soon after the cruise is over.

I like having the Countdown clocks there, but as anyone who knows me knows I end up counting at least the hours (sometimes the minutes), but I then delete them soon after the cruise is over.

Yes, I like them too, and I try to remember to delete them as soon as we get home from a cruise.

Try putting yours side by side.

Yes, I like them too, and I try to remember to delete them as soon as we get home from a cruise.

Try putting yours side by side.

It's pretty rare for me to hav two booked at once anyway.

But when I had them side by side someone complained that it was causing that problem I hate of needing to scroll side to side, so I went back to just having them under each other, and yep I try to delete tham pretty much as soon as I'm home.

BTW I notice you only have a few days till your next cruise, hope it is a great one.

I am really not liking waiting till December, a big downside of booking so far out (the earliest we have ever booked).

But when I had them side by side someone complained that it was causing that problem I hate of needing to scroll side to side,

It shouldn't, it doesn't on mine. It fits in the base width of the thread without making it go wide.

BTW I notice you only have a few days till your next cruise, hope it is a great one.

Thanks, it should be fun. Lots of sea days which we love. :D

Have to be careful though, they've had B2B outbreaks of noro on Golden. :(

I am really not liking waiting till December, a big downside of booking so far out (the earliest we have ever booked).

Our next one after this isn't until February. :eek: I'm sure I'll find one to go on before that though. I'm getting tempted by a South Pacific cruise on Emerald late November. Just waiting until I get some FCCs.

For my first response I leave my signature information intact, but if I keep going in a thread I turn my signature off. Easy to do, just scroll down when doing a reply to Additional Options. In the first section called Miscellaneous Options untick 'Show your signature'

Now my pet peeve is when people 'quote' 6 photos and several paragraphs, repeating everything again. While I can understand this if you are quoting something on page 54 that someone said on page 3, but when it is within the same or next page it really irritates me.

Elise

For my first response I leave my signature information intact, but if I keep going in a thread I turn my signature off. Easy to do, just scroll down when doing a reply to Additional Options. In the first section called Miscellaneous Options untick 'Show your signature'

Thanks for that hint.

It shouldn't, it doesn't on mine. It fits in the base width of the thread without making it go wide.

Thanks, it should be fun. Lots of sea days which we love. :D

Have to be careful though, they've had B2B outbreaks of noro on Golden. :(

Our next one after this isn't until February. :eek: I'm sure I'll find one to go on before that though. I'm getting tempted by a South Pacific cruise on Emerald late November. Just waiting until I get some FCCs.

February is our 2nd next one:confused:.

Wouldn't mind finding something in July school holidays, but we'd have a few things on in April (the girls graduation so off to Armidale) August (off to see Fawlty towers on stage) October (friends we made on one cruise visiting the area and a Schhol reunion) so hoping that caries us through.

I hope the Noro is gone by the time you board.

Thanks for that hint.

February is our 2nd next one:confused:.

Wouldn't mind finding something in July school holidays, but we'd have a few things on in April (the girls graduation so off to Armidale) August (off to see Fawlty towers on stage) October (friends we made on one cruise visiting the area and a Schhol reunion) so hoping that caries us through.

I hope the Noro is gone by the time you board.

Now I just have to remember to do it.

A question. If you just want to talk about or answer a small part of a very long post how do you quote just the area you want. I have tried to do that by highlighting the section I want then pressing quote but the entire post always pops up in my reply to I mostly avoid quoting when the post is large. Help.:confused:

Edited by happysnapper

A question. If you just want to talk about or answer a small part of a very long post how do you quote just the area you want...... Help.:confused:

hit the quote button, as normal then delete the bits you don't want.

Well that's how I do it anyway.

Hi Craig.

Agreed.

I also make sure my sig block is not attached.

Just like that!

no that's not right

I'll keep trying.

Just make sure you don't delete the [ quote ] or the [ /quote ] part of the message.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

Just like that!

no that's not right

I'll keep trying.

As Mic said make sure you leave the

parts.

I popped the . In so it wouldn't think I was quoting something, don't do that.