Have Eclipse Questions ? Ask Here !

Andy

Hi again Andy

I hope you and your Mom are having a wonderful, relaxing cruise!

Hope you can clear up something - how much is the unlimited internet package for the 14 day cruise? Some people are reporting $199 but it was $299 last February.

Thanks!

Have fun!

Hi Andy, sorry to hear about your flooding, hope the cruise gives you some much needed respite.

One question about the condition of the lawn. Bimmer99 took some photos from Silhouette where it looked a little worse for wear. Hoping its been rectified, although it has 154 days to grow back before we board for Western Med [emoji846]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The lawn on the Silhouette was in a much better condition than the Eclipse's lawn in February/March.

One question about the condition of the lawn. Bimmer99 took some photos from Silhouette where it looked a little worse for wear. Hoping its been rectified, although it has 154 days to grow back before we board for Western Med

A fair amount of the lawn was resodded during the last sailing... Looked good!

Hi Everyone,

I'm leaving for 2 wonderful (and much needed) weeks on Celebrity Eclipse. If you have any questions, please post on this thread, and I will try my very best to answer.

On a personal note - I'm not planning on offering a "Live From" thread this cruise, though I will try to post some updates from the ship. To put it mildly, I've had a heck of a week. About 1/2 of My home was severely damaged from flooding, and I probably wont be able to return home for months. My new home is a couch in my Mom's condo LOL. We strongly thought of cancelling the cruise - but I'm totally upset & exhuasted. Family and friends said there's no reason NOT to go.... and that I should enjoy myself - so that's the decision. Frankly, the cruise is probably the best thing to happen right now.... so I'm counting on you Celebrity

I know how much our members enjoy my "Live From" threads, and I'm sorry for any disappointment. I will try my best to post updates from Eclipse whenever possible. Thanks for your understanding !

Looking forward to your questions !

So sorry to hear about your home damage but we're sure that it will work out ! We did this cruise last year and loved it and here's some things that you can look forward to :

Beautiful Bermuda

da87d380-3a2e-4df8-927e-e1eccfedfa0c_zpsjwywdibl.jpg

Delicious dining

0329a9ba-3d45-4d60-b679-8f278f7ce167_zpsxgjz9jon.jpg

Sunrise at sea

c500fe70-2177-4f01-9291-3a2e95e335c4_zpsx4eit1dd.jpg

Cruise Critic Connections

98a0c726-dab8-4c61-810c-3b0eafe44606_zpstzey6w9h.jpg

Lovely Lisbon

d6e8d9d7-ef28-4c35-9051-f407db9ea7c4_zpsbvfgbxic.jpg

And lunch at sea

8215926c-15c0-4d7e-9908-fcc65bddabd6_zpshjcrlgpg.jpg

If you would like , you can see the full photographic review here :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2213388

Ah Andy, what a mess! So sorry, hope you didn't lose too many treasures in the flooding. Look at all the new furnishings you'll be able to shop for (that may actually be more work than you wish!). You really need a relaxing cruise on the lovely Eclipse. Although I love reading your Live From reviews, I hope you just relax & enjoy yourself, please. Melody

So sorry re your house, heartbreaking. As others have said, taking your cruise will give you some time to refresh...

We have two future cruises booked on Eclipse so we will be following all you comments!

We have never dined in Q'sine on an S class ship (not very impressed on Summit) so if you do dine there share your thoughts....

Now relax, order your favourite cocktail, forget your worries and sail into some R and R time....

Hi Everyone,

We're at St Kitts today, docked alongside Summit. Having a great time. Unfortunately, I've burned through my internet minutes due to home and work emails, along with managing your alerts from onboard.

I will share additional insights about the cruise, when I return home. Please stay tuned. Thanks for your understanding and support.

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Andy,

I was on a cruise during the big storms here in Palm Beach County. I couldn't believe how much rain Boca got and how quickly. I was expecting the lake behind our house to be overflowing when we got home; but my neighbors said we didn't get much rain at all. Since we are only about 11 miles away, it was surprising.

Since we will be on the May 10 Eclipse sailing, I do have a few questions.

1. Who is your CD and do you know if they will remain in Europe or if Sue Denning will be returning?

2. Did the ship have Xcelerate?

3. Is the Eclipse on a charter between April 30 through May 10?

4. Did you have the new production shows and how were they?

5. Have the MDR menus changed yet?

Having had water leaks in our previous house, I feel some of your pain; but a flood with dirty water is so much worse than what we have experienced. We do live close, so please let me know if there is anything we can do for you. I am retired and have plenty of time, other than when on a cruise. :D

MVP....we are on the April 30 - May 8 sailing and are not part of any charter.

Thanks for that info. I had checked the website to see what cruises were before ours and it wasn't there. Not that I would expect the X website to be correct all the time; but it had the cruise before and after. Now I don't have to wonder about it.

Since we will be on the May 10 Eclipse sailing, I do have a few questions.

1. Who is your CD and do you know if they will remain in Europe or if Sue Denning will be returning?

2. Did the ship have Xcelerate?

3. Is the Eclipse on a charter between April 30 through May 10?

4. Did you have the new production shows and how were they?

5. Have the MDR menus changed yet?

:D

I was onboard for 28 days in March (got off 4/3).

The CD was Damian.

Yes the Eclipse has been upgraded to Xcelerate.

Yes Eclipse has the new production shows. If you are over 40 you wont have heard most of the music.

The menus in the MDR are the same as the last few years.

Can you find out if they Xcelerate on the Eclipse?

Thanks

Yes, they do. Overall, I've been very pleased with the upgrade.

I was onboard for 28 days in March (got off 4/3).

The CD was Damian.

Yes the Eclipse has been upgraded to Xcelerate.

Yes Eclipse has the new production shows. If you are over 40 you wont have heard most of the music.

The menus in the MDR are the same as the last few years.

Thanks so much for the info. I am well over 40; but I listen to Top 40 radio.

Sorry that the menus haven't changed. The MDR told us that they would be changing soon on the November TA.

Just finished reading this thread -- and I also want to offer my sympathy to our great Host Andy regarding his flooded home. When I was a child our family home endured a flood, and even though I was quite young at the time have some understanding of the mess my parents had on their hands.

We will be boarding the Eclipse on April 17th and will depart on May 22nd. Wonder where this rumor started that the Eclipse was chartered from April 30th through May 10th.

Just finished reading this thread -- and I also want to offer my sympathy to our great Host Andy regarding his flooded home. When I was a child our family home endured a flood, and even though I was quite young at the time have some understanding of the mess my parents had on their hands.

We will be boarding the Eclipse on April 17th and will depart on May 22nd. Wonder where this rumor started that the Eclipse was chartered from April 30th through May 10th.

It was all my fault! The April 30 cruise was not showing when I did a search for April and May Eclipse cruises. Apparently it was just one of X's computer glitches. There is a cruise and a roll call. I heard from someone that I know that is on that cruise too.

I apologize for starting a false rumor.