Who would i contact about bed placement for mr cruise

Hi I'm jude wondering who do I email to ensure that the beds are separated found it annoying last year that the beds were together and by 10:30 they still hadn't been separated so ended up doing it ourselves no big deal just hassle

Sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't. If the beds are not the way you want them, leave a big note for your cabin steward and he or she should fix it between 5 and 9 pm.

Thanks guy last time knew from 4pm and arrived at 11 to do it I'll ring Royal and let them know really don't want to be separating need this year

My experience with my last four RCI cruises is that "together" is the default arrangement. Each time, however, there has been a card on the bed that said to tell the room steward if separate were desired and it would be changed at the evening turn-down. Each of the four times it was done as promised.

Thanks guy last time knew from 4pm and arrived at 11 to do it I'll ring Royal and let them know really don't want to be separating need this year

You should also set it up in your profile and your traveling companions profile that you want all beds separated. It doesn't always make a difference but if you have your reservations default that way, you might have a better chance.:)

I've requested on my profile and in an email for beds to be separated. On multiple cruise lines. I think maybe once they were when we arrived. I leave a big note for the steward to read when he arrives to do nightly turndown and refresh. I do it in Word so he can read it without deciphering my handwriting. Any other things like extra pillow and ice twice a day are on the list. This has worked for me without fail for the last couple of years.

What the people in the office confirm and what actually happens are worlds apart.

Thanks for all the suggestions I have it in my cruise profile and will make note for them as well guy last year said the reason it wasn't done for bed time was he was still sorting luggage and we were in bed to early didn't think 11pm early after 24 hours of travel

Hi I'm jude wondering who do I email to ensure that the beds are separated found it annoying last year that the beds were together and by 10:30 they still hadn't been separated so ended up doing it ourselves no big deal just hassle

If they are not right just talk to your steward or leave a note.

Sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't. If the beds are not the way you want them, leave a big note for your cabin steward and he or she should fix it between 5 and 9 pm.

Or you could just mention the issue to them when they first come by to introduce themselves and welcome you aboard.

As others have said together is their Default and most often your Preference on the Reservation noted does not make much of a difference.

While one would think it saves the cabin attendant some time and effort to get it right the first time around, so they don´t have to do it the first night, this is not necessary the case.

I´ve talked to stewart about it and he told me it´s easier for them to do all cabins in their Default mode (beds together) at Turnaround. They have to turn over all cabins in a very short time, for this reason they will have helpers along that are not your regular cabin attendants. It would be too much bother to have all this coordinated then with which cabin has to be set up in which way. That´s why they simply do the beds together Thing and then make the fine Tuning at turn down Service in the evening.

I'm sorry that your steward was so late getting the beds separated on your last cruise.

Most of our cruises have been with our teens or a teen and a friend and we have always just asked the steward, or left a note, and it has always been done before we made it back from dinner.

So, try to relax--I think your experience was unusual and you will likely have a faster response on your upcoming cruise. Perhaps there were stewards ot sick, etc on your prior trip and they were short manpower and not able to get to things right away. Or, if you did not communicate directly with your own steward (via note, or speaking to them) he might not have gotten the message until quite late (some people just call housekeeping or guest services and i think those messages do not get through for a long time)

I think it's been a year or maybe two when they started putting beds together when the room is turned around. I have tried calling RCI (I always book direct with them) and asking for the beds to be separated but have been told they cannot do it. You have to ask your steward once on board to make the change.

Having the beds together is the company requirement; the steward must make it up as one, then you request to have them separated on the ship. It makes absolutely no difference if you requested twins in advance or on your profile.

Edited by gadaboutgal

Having the beds together is the company requirement; the steward must make it up as one, then you request to have them separated on the ship. It makes absolutely no difference if you requested twins in advance or on your profile.

So on our last cruise on Independence why were the beds separated when we got to the cabin?