Sail in 13 days too late to buy insurance?

emod20

We sail April 16th valor I forgot about insurance. Is it to late and suggestions who to use and what coverage? Our home pc crashed and I can't remember who we used in November? Thanks

Do you really think something will go wrong in the next 13 days? I wouldn't even bother unless you have a sick family member that may pass.

Would also cover issues like the Pride and Valor just incurred. If you are flying in/out of port you may want insurance in case of ship delay.

Do you really think something will go wrong in the next 13 days? I wouldn't even bother unless you have a sick family member that may pass.

And the people that skip the insurance are the first ones to scream bloody murder about being compensated if something goes wrong on their trip!

Edited by The4Cruisers

I have always believed the Medical Evacuation benefits of insurance are the primary reason to buy insurance. All the other benefits pale in comparison to the costs that might be incurred in an out of country medical evacuation.

I have always believed the Medical Evacuation benefits of insurance are the primary reason to buy insurance. All the other benefits pale in comparison to the costs that might be incurred in an out of country medical evacuation.

Medical Evacuation from the Ship????

In this instance, anywhere the Valor sails, any medical evacuation from the ship will be performed by the US Coast Guard. These services are free.

Would also cover issues like the Pride and Valor just incurred. If you are flying in/out of port you may want insurance in case of ship delay.

I was reading on the Royal site this morning, a group of 7 just lost $11,000 because of flying issues and no insurance:eek:

In this instance, anywhere the Valor sails, any medical evacuation from the ship will be performed by the US Coast Guard. These services are free.

Nope, thinking more about evacuation from a foreign port requiring medical transport back to US mainland or a US territory.

That's definitely the reason we buy Travel Insurance.

I would be thinking about falling down and breaking a leg, arm, ankle. I would be concerned about getting sick at sea like appendicitis, or something that would garner visiting the onboard doctor. I have read all kinds of horror stories of people getting sick (young and old) and not having insurance. I'd rather have peace of mind than to think the unthinkable like being airlifted off the ship!

Get the insurance!

Edited by elliair

Dont forget that most trip insurance policies also have a medical rider. This may be the OP primary concern.

That is just a person that has no clue what travel insurance is all about.

And also has not read the latest about ships coming in late over the past couple of days. Nobody knew that was going to happen 13 days ago, but for the ones that had insurance I am sure they were glad they had it and the ones that didn't have it wish they did.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

AMEN!! Booked thru Carnival $30K coverage, others $500K-$1Mil,usually cheaper or alittle more.

Edited by texast518

DEPENDS, where you are & how you get back to Miami (only place Carnival air-vacs). Other ins u have some latitude. where u go..

There are other reasons to purchase as well as evacuations and medical issues/emergencies.. We mostly drive to ports and insurance will cover if you miss your cruise due to weather during your drive, car accidents, car breakdowns, your route being blocked for some reason, etc. Not to mention most will also cover if something will comes up last minute with work and if you purchase outside of the cruise lines, you can get cancel for any reason... almost used that option on our last cruise due to an issue that would not otherwise be covered under anything...

And for the person who said what could happen in 13 days - anything - you never know when an emergency/death/injury can occur!

That all being said, I have never had to use my insurance yet, and hope I never have to, but I always get it! Peace of mind... :)

Where did you find this information out? I would like to check to see if this is the case for a few itineraries that Carnival sails. Thanks.

(Not disputing klfrodo, as I've never seen a report of a non-CoastGuard ship evac) .... I've wondered this myself and never found a good answer. I tried (briefly) to research thru the CoastGuard but could not get any answers, but I may not have asked the questions (what's the "extent" of the CoastGuard ship evacs and where geographicaly do they support/not-support) to the right people. Ken