Back to back but on 2 different ships

We will be doing a 4 night cruise on Enchantment then boarding Navigator when we disembark. Both cruises are out of Miami. Does Royal transfer you from one terminal to the other or do we need to take a short cab ride? Thanks!

We will be doing a 4 night cruise on Enchantment then boarding Navigator when we disembark. Both cruises are out of Miami. Does Royal transfer you from one terminal to the other or do we need to take a short cab ride? Thanks!

No cruise line transfers.

We will be doing a 4 night cruise on Enchantment then boarding Navigator when we disembark. Both cruises are out of Miami.

Cool! This is commonly referred to as a "side to side", and as stated, in Miami you can walk. Check with ground personnel to see which terminal your second ship is docked at.

Have fun!

We did the same in Port Canaveral with NO assistance or even info from the cruise line. In fact, they told me to walk from one pier to the other, which is not really possible in Port Canaveral.

good luck and enjoy

M

In Miami, I'm pretty sure RCL docks back to back. Below is a picture of Majesty from when I was on Vision when both ships were in port for embarkation. Easy to walk from one to the other in Miami. I can only assume until the new Miami pier is built that this set-up will be the case at this terminal. Perhaps someone in the know can chime in?

deck3_zpse6b29784.jpg

Off topic but funny ...we are doing a 4 nite enchantment ..then we debark and head to FLL for a ten nite serenade- because my friend wants to go to key west again ... we cruisers are crazy inventive folks !!!!

Off topic but funny ...we are doing a 4 nite enchantment ..then we debark and head to FLL for a ten nite serenade- because my friend wants to go to key west again ... we cruisers are crazy inventive folks !!!!

Funny how us cruisers will always find a way when there is a must see port :D

Not sure in Miami but was able to use inner transportation in Port Everglades. Check with the people at the port that handle the shuttle busses to the airport. They should be able to help you.

I'm doing a side to side later this year at Port Everglades. Does anyone remember if this port is "pedestrian friendly"? I don't mind walking to a different terminal but not if it's unsafe.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We did the opposite, but it was Oasis. Came of the bigger and went up to Enchantment - what a difference that was :eek:. We've also come off Silly in PE and boarded Indy berthed across the way ;).

I'm doing a side to side later this year at Port Everglades. Does anyone remember if this port is "pedestrian friendly"? I don't mind walking to a different terminal but not if it's unsafe.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Very pedestrian UNfriendly.

Some of the terminals are VERY far apart, also. Flag down a cab, don't tell him where you are going until you and your luggage are safely stowed inside, then offer him $20 cash to take you where you want to go.

Path of least resistance.

We have done 2 side to side cruises now. Ours were both out of Fort Lauderdale and it is possible to walk from the pier where they usually dock the freedom class ships to the Oasis or Allure. From dock 29(where the navigator is docked) it is not possible to walk out as it is a service type road.

As for Miami I would strap the luggage together and walk since the port is lined up in a row. Have a good cruise.

Thanks everyone. Since we have almost all morning to get from one to the other' date=' I guess we will just take a scenic cruise port walk![/quote']

Remember, some terminals will not allow you access until a certain time. Even being "last off" the first cruise, you may have a long wait until you are allowed in the next terminal.

enjoy

M