LAFFNVEGAS LIVE from the Premier Sailings of the MS Koningsdam

LAFFNVEGAS

Hello to those on-board. We are sailing May 9th and just wondering if HAL offered water by the case once you board ship. I called HAL and they did not offer this in advance like NCL does. Thank you!

I've never seen water by the case offered by HAL, but I've certainly seen it being brought onboard by passengers at port stops.

Hello to those on-board. We are sailing May 9th and just wondering if HAL offered water by the case once you board ship. I called HAL and they did not offer this in advance like NCL does. Thank you!

You can bring your own; slap a luggage tag on it and have it delivered with your luggage.

Edited by Boytjie

Fabulous updates Lisa - we really appreciate it.

Have you seen any ballroom dancing or notices for it in the daily posts? With the ocean bar now just a pianist rather than a band we are wondering if we will get as much dance time as we like.

Thx for all the great info!

Hubby and I would be very unhappy if the NYTimes disappeared. What about the crossword puzzle? Since NYTimes co-sponsors the Explorations Lounge with the computer stations, it ain't gonna happen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I strongly agree. Apparently my "significant other" and I are news junkies. We haven't been able to break away from our electronic gadgets, the NYT, and CNN. We certainly get out and about, but she also has her knitting and I have novels along. It's really pleasant to be able to do what we want, when we want. No time pressures that we have on land.

I am currently at the Q and A and I asked about the Nationality of the passenger content. The majority are from the US with the second most being Canadian and Captain says there are 230 Canadians so that gives you a good idea that the huge majority on board are all U S. The next largest are from the Netherlands. Then Australia and Japan. c501a08528ddca197d4c5e62d536674d.jpg

Lisa-

Thank you for all the time you are spending to update us!

Can you confirm if they will be honoring the Mariner discount for the Grand Dutch Cafe and Gelato?

Cindy

We did NOT get a discount at the Dutch Cafe or the Gelato ☹️

Fabulous updates Lisa - we really appreciate it.

Have you seen any ballroom dancing or notices for it in the daily posts? With the ocean bar now just a pianist rather than a band we are wondering if we will get as much dance time as we like.

Thx for all the great info!

Unfortunately we have not been out and about much in the evening but I over heard some one talking behind me that stated they liked to dance but the music was just too loud not sure where this was. I have not seen any where there would be ball room dancing like the ocean bar would have.

We will be in Chichavecio (excuse spelling) two days we are onboard Amsterdam World special invite to tour the ship looking forward to seeing her. Thank you Vegas for posting pictures she looks beautiful

We just received our first menus lol

This is what we are having for the second Gala Night, although we may go later because we are sailing through the The Strait of Messina at 6:30 so will try to do anytime dining

ac921f4493f3efb54bd7bab3ab907172.jpg

6a82ae01d9a96dc58254b1491e21255e.jpgfad9ccbe24dfed8924958e6f5617cf5b.jpg745fbcd2f7b255bd91c923978ba45300.jpg

Then this was the menu for the Mariner lunch

b06e430e262941078b41b00bcde4f697.jpg

Then Captain speaking at Mariner lunch

45aa89570a049ed762352385d2020807.jpg

Am enjoying all the updates.

Cute -- a service dog got his 100 day medallion.

We were are also surprised by the number of people who got their first medallions on our recent cruise -- 66 of them and it appeared that most of them were over 65.

We noticed alot of 100 day awards as well. Of course, on longer cruises you will experience this as it puts more people over the 100 days. We did not see many on any of our 7 day cruises.

If it is now expected to carry an electronic device, are there now recharging ports in all the staterooms on this ship. I got the impression there were not that many available outlets even for normal electric appliance use. (Shavers, hair dryers)

Are we allowed to bring our own hairdryers, curling irons, etc.? Somehow I thought our hairdryers were not allowed.

We are at the Mariners Brunch and here is the first posted pictures of the Mariner Tile
Interesting that the tile says Inaugural Cruise and the plate says Inaugural Season. I would have thought it would be the other way around.

Are we allowed to bring our own hairdryers, curling irons, etc.? Somehow I thought our hairdryers were not allowed.

KnowBeforeYouGo says:

For safety reasons, travel irons, steamers, and electric water

heaters/kettles may not be used in your stateroom.

No mention of hair dryers or curling irons.

Edited by jtl513

It's a bit of a bummer that there is no discount on the gelato. However, it doesn't mean that I won't be indulging; I will just have to take my lunch to work more often and save my $$. I absolutely love the dining room. On just about every cruise I have been (including Princess and RCI), many people complain about the loudness of the shows. I have made that comment on every questionnaire and I'm sure others have also, but it seems no one is listening. I am glad to hear that the main DR is getting its act together. I guess it takes a few cruises for the waiters to get in sync. Thanks again for the wonderful posts and pictures.

It's a bit of a bummer that there is no discount on the gelato.
I'm very surprised that the Dutch Cafe and Gelato don't follow the same model as the Explorations Cafe and the other three pay venues.

I'm very surprised that the Dutch Cafe and Gelato don't follow the same model as the Explorations Cafe and the other three pay venues.

I have a feeling that Grand Dutch will be more popular. If you can have your coffee, genever and grolsch, a glass of wine and bitterballen... I would think.

I'm assuming that it is more than just coffee and cakes?

I have a feeling that Grand Dutch will be more popular. ...

So? Since the Sel de Mer has a la carte pricing and gives the discounts, why not the Grand Dutch? Edited by jtl513

I am currently at the Q and A and I asked about the Nationality of the passenger content. The majority are from the US with the second most being Canadian and Captain says there are 230 Canadians so that gives you a good idea that the huge majority on board are all U S. The next largest are from the Netherlands. Then Australia and Japan. c501a08528ddca197d4c5e62d536674d.jpg

Thank you for pursuing this question and the fact the captain had a ready response. Tracking the marketing demographics is fascinating.

What is also interesting is CC members have been following the development of this ship now for years, but apparently many others beyond CC also wanted to be on her maiden run too.

Was it just a random cruise choice or an intentional decision, particularly learning how many kinks still need to be worked on on this very first launch out of dry dock with every single system brand new.

Cold hydro-pool ..........eeewwww. :(

I have a feeling that Grand Dutch will be more popular. If you can have your coffee, genever and grolsch, a glass of wine and bitterballen... I would think.

There are sandwiches (hot and cold) and salad plates too. The menu was posted earlier, it looks as if I'll spend many, many hours there haha.