Wasn't the nonscense sale supposed to end on the 4th?

For example.

Currently booked on Freedom Feb 4th inside cat N next year for total price of $1455 for 2

Now BOGHO sale price, $1799.50, what a deal

VERY Early booking is your friend

Yes, the old nonsense sale ended on the 4th.

But a brand new nonsense sale took it's place.

STOP thinking of these things as "sales".

Each one is merely a pricing structure.

If you like the price, book it.

If you don't, don't.

Check prices as often as you like after you have booked, to see if the current price is any less than what you are already paying.

Other than that, stop worrying about what things are called!

The problem with many of the fake sales is they keep you from using some of your credits.

Can you please explain what you mean by this? I understand the fake sales part, but how can they stop you from using credit that you have? Also, how does one get the credits? Is it when they give you a credit because something was not quiet like it was supposed to be or something like that? I know my questions probably sound obnoxious, but they aren't meant to be. I have no idea what you are referring to. If I ever get a credit I don't want them to take it away so I am trying to be proactive and learn how they would do this.

TIA

For example.

Currently booked on Freedom Feb 4th inside cat N next year for total price of $1455 for 2

Now BOGHO sale price, $1799.50, what a deal

VERY Early booking is your friend

Had a PR booked on Liberty for this coming December, good price about a year out.

Today upgraded to a D3 balcony for about $110 total:D

So if you book way early don't forget to use something to monitor prices as good stuff happens at times:)

Hi,

Currently booked on the Brilliance for July 13. We recently upgraded to a balcony room for a little extra. Now with the new "sale" I noticed that they are giving free gratuities and there is an OBC of $324 for our same room. If you take these off the new price, it is cheaper than what we are currently paying. Here is the question though, In playing around with booking, If you check the box for pre-paid gratuities that says "Free BOGO" it adds $310 to the total price. I figured there would be a credit in the total pricing, but it is no where to be seen. Are the "Free gratuities" really free?

Sale, marketing ploy, call it whatever you want, but I do agree it gets old after awhile, and Royal is not the only company that does it - consider how airlines now try to hook you with a low fare only to nickel & dime with a hodge-podge of fees.

I really wish they would publish a single fare, which includes taxes, port fees, gratuities/service charges, etc. It's not that I can't do the math, but why play all these games?

BOGOHO, 30%, free gratuities, OBC, BAH! Just give me the freaking bottom line!

Edited by IndyKid

Hi,

Currently booked on the Brilliance for July 13. We recently upgraded to a balcony room for a little extra. Now with the new "sale" I noticed that they are giving free gratuities and there is an OBC of $324 for our same room. If you take these off the new price, it is cheaper than what we are currently paying. Here is the question though, In playing around with booking, If you check the box for pre-paid gratuities that says "Free BOGO" it adds $310 to the total price. I figured there would be a credit in the total pricing, but it is no where to be seen. Are the "Free gratuities" really free?

The $324 OBC is what they are giving you that will be used against your Sea Pass to pay the gratuities. You are not getting BOTH prepaid grats AND the OBC. The OBC they are giving seems to work out to be a few dollars off what the actual grats are.

Can you please explain what you mean by this? I understand the fake sales part, but how can they stop you from using credit that you have? Also, how does one get the credits? Is it when they give you a credit because something was not quiet like it was supposed to be or something like that? I know my questions probably sound obnoxious, but they aren't meant to be. I have no idea what you are referring to. If I ever get a credit I don't want them to take it away so I am trying to be proactive and learn how they would do this.

TIA

One benefit that the fake sales limit is the ability to use the Visa points for the "free cruise" redemption. Royal will let us use that redemption, but only if we remove the "sale" and go back to the fake base price. Obviously, this changes the value of the redemption greatly.

The question I have for all of you is how do you know in advance of the upcoming "sales"?? Is there a "sale fairy" that gives you all the info:) Just wondering I'd love to be in that "loop".

Have a great day.

Carol

The question I have for all of you is how do you know in advance of the upcoming "sales"?? Is there a "sale fairy" that gives you all the info:) Just wondering I'd love to be in that "loop".

Have a great day.

Carol

The fake sales are usually announced by Royal a few days in advance. Sometimes one of the travel agent members here in CC forwards the link to the sales brochure.

Have a great day.

Carol

It's usually posted on the Royal Caribbean blog a few days ahead of time. (You can google it)