Upsell Fairy Called - Upgraded to H9!

JC5240

Hi Everyone!

So I'm super excited...we were originally in an Aft facing balcony (same cabin as last year!), and the Upsell fairy called and we were upgraded to an H9 (Haven Spa Suite with Balcony) for an extra $500 per person! I'm slightly bummed about losing the Aft balcony, but being that we already were in the same cabin last year, the pros outweighed the cons since we'd be getting exclusive access to the Haven as well as the spa.

So now that we have the Haven...what should we know!? I know we get a butler and all of that...but we don't really need much, so I'm not even sure if we'd use him/her all that much...but if we wanted champagne one night, could that be delivered? Is it free? What other exclusive things do we get? I know nothing about the Haven except that it's a "ship within a ship" and once you go Haven, you never go back...LOL. We already have the UBP and SDP from our original booking.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. We are on the Getaway sailing out of Miami on May 15th.

Thanks!!

Edited by JC5240

Congrats on the upsell.... not sure if NCL communicated with you that your DSC increases from $13.50 to $15.50 per person per day in the Haven. Also, the Butler and Concierge are NOT part of the DSC Payout Program so they are an additional tip

Not a huge deal but something to remember

Edited by esm54687

Congrats on the upsell.... not sure if NCL communicated with you that your DSC increases from $13.50 to $15.50 per person per day in the Haven. Also, the Butler and Concierge are NOT part of the DSC Payout Program so they are an additional tip

I did an upsell last week, balcony to Family suite with balcony. My only extra charge on top of the upsell was my cruise insurance, which I had purchased through NCL. My DSC were prepaid....Maybe we will be charged the difference onboard.

Thanks Dani! [emoji4]

ESM, being that I prepaid D.SC., they said it shouldn't go up, but we'll see how that holds true lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Congratulations! You get the added value of Spa access for the week and that's worth over 200 per person so it sounds like you got a great deal.

Hope you let us know how your week was when you get back as we will be in an H9 on the Getaway in June for our first Haven too:D

Just curious... How did you verify how good of a deal this was? Did you do a mock booking in the future to find the difference? Does the offer include taxes? Did they specifically tell you it was a certain percentage off?

I know for my cruise, the category I wanted was $2600pp, which is outrageous!! I had booked a balcony for $1200pp, upsell was $400 each, so $1600pp for the suite I wanted.

Hi Everyone!

So I'm super excited...we were originally in an Aft facing balcony (same cabin as last year!), and the Upsell fairy called and we were upgraded to an H9 (Haven Spa Suite with Balcony) for an extra $500 per person! I'm slightly bummed about losing the Aft balcony, but being that we already were in the same cabin last year, the pros outweighed the cons since we'd be getting exclusive access to the Haven as well as the spa.

So now that we have the Haven...what should we know!? I know we get a butler and all of that...but we don't really need much, so I'm not even sure if we'd use him/her all that much...but if we wanted champagne one night, could that be delivered? Is it free? What other exclusive things do we get? I know nothing about the Haven except that it's a "ship within a ship" and once you go Haven, you never go back...LOL. We already have the UBP and SDP from our original booking.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. We are on the Getaway sailing out of Miami on May 15th.

Thanks!!

Pretty cool John!

Darlene and I are missing you guys by a week - have a mohito for us when you get on board!

Enjoy

Hi there!

We originally booked @ $1,249 PP and doing a mock booking was roughly $2,400 per person, so right there is a savings of over $600 per person, plus like another poster said, if you factor in that the spa pass for the week cost $200 per person...I'd say it's a pretty great deal. We already had the UBP and SDP included with the fare...the only thing we would have "saved" would have been the gratuities on both, since even though they were "free" we still had to pay the gratuities. Even with that, it's still an exceptional deal. And no, there were no taxes associated. It was $500 per person extra flat.

Just curious... How did you verify how good of a deal this was? Did you do a mock booking in the future to find the difference? Does the offer include taxes? Did they specifically tell you it was a certain percentage off?
Edited by JC5240

Thank you very much! I certainly will... you enjoy as well!

Congratulations! You get the added value of Spa access for the week and that's worth over 200 per person so it sounds like you got a great deal.

Hope you let us know how your week was when you get back as we will be in an H9 on the Getaway in June for our first Haven too:D

Thank you!

Wow, what are the odds of that!? That would have been a great reunion!

We'll have several, don't you worry! And as we are disembarking, we'll have the vacation blues as yours is just beginning.

Enjoy! Tell Darlene we say hello!

Pretty cool John!

Darlene and I are missing you guys by a week - have a mohito for us when you get on board!

Enjoy

Great! I hope you get Jose as your Butler! He will take care of all your needs. In addition to all the perks, don't forget to get Twinkies and Milk for a bedtime snack. The Gummie Bears are delicious, too! Bon Voyage!

The DSC remains the same, as does your originally booked perks. The only extra is tips for butler & Concierge