Live Oosterdam before/during/after 4/18 cruise

FloridaTourist

Today was an awesome day. We were picked up by our tour company Rome Driving Tours for a private 4 hour of Rome. Luca and Johnny showed up at our hotel to meet us at the hotel but they didn't want to disturb our breakfast and they just waited in the lobby. This is an amazing tour company. I would use them over and over. Luca was like a walking encyclopedia of Roman history. Johnny was very knowledgable as well. The 2 together was fantastic. The vehicle was clean and spacious. They started with an early tour of the coliseum and continued from there. They took us places many tour guides don't take you to. It was great to have Johnny come out of the van with us while Luca double parked places so we could see more than normal. This tour was well worth the money. The best part was when they took us to the key hole to look through, Johnny gave me a tip on how to get the picture that most people never through the whole. I will add it at the bottom. At their suggestion and we totally agreed that we would skip the sights near our hotel since we can walk to those. At the end of the tour they dropped us in Trastevere for lunch. From there we walked to Trevi Fountain and back to the hotel to rest for a bit before our food tour later tonight. The same tour company will pick us up at the hotel, take us to the Vatican for an early tour then off to the Oosterdam. Unfortunately we won't have Luca and Johnny for that part but in sure we wi be well taken care of.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just back from the food tour with John from Livitaly. Great tour and well worth the money. Started in the Jewish ghetto and continued from there. Had the most amazing fried artichoke at Giardino Romano. Would go back for that and their cod. Great tour and great food. We learned a lot about gelato. You would

Be surprised about what you don't know. Actually went to a natural gelato place with no additives. John actually had us go into another place and look and the colors than he bought a gelato at a high end chocolatier. We tasted what he bought and tasted the natural. Of my gosh what a difference.

Hope you have an absolutely wonderful cruise. Since you will be in a signature suite, would sure appreciate if you could post photos of your cabin including the bathroom as the suites will have undergone a significant transformation. Thanks a bunch.

Sandy

Edited by Northern Light

No intent to hijack but can join in. Joann and I just boarded our flight in charlotte. Until this morning Joann did not know we are in business class. Score....

Dennis

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

This will be short as we are getting ready for dinner. Ship is not finished from dry dock. Gave everyone extra $100 pp OBC. Crows nest is closed. They said only partial closure but not true. Write you all the details later

Marion - the offer for the Neptune was $299pp. We tried to get it while

Onboard since they gave nuance extra credit but None avail now.

We are on board of Oosterdam right now and it cannot leave port due to technical problems. Engineers try to fix it but we are delayed by more than 3 hours already. If we don't leave port within the next three hours we will be late for Naples.

Florida Tourist,

Thanks for answering my question about the upsell. Forgot to mention that your tip on the Delta Comfort Plus is very helpful because we will also be flying Delta to Rome.

While you are enjoying your cruise in real life, I will continue to enjoy your posts and photos vicariously.

Marion

Florida Tourist,

Just as I was posting, your beutiful photos of the Signature Suites came through- and then Kermit's post about technical problems aboard the ship. Really hope this is fixed asap and you are on your way without further delay.

Marion

She looks great my Oosterdam!!! She was our very first cruise on HAL in 2007.

We have sailed on her 3 times when she was in our home town of San Diego! Last cruise on her was in 2012! Nice pics! We will be on The Eurodam for our med cruise in October. Our fav is The Nieuw Amsterdam. Done 4'cruises on her with the inaugural, 2 more to the med and our last doing the Carribean.

Enjoy your cruise and relax !!! Your on vaca/holiday!

Smooth sailings

Denise:)

Seems that Oosterdam is still moored in Civitavecchia...

Not the first time that things do not go exactly according to plan right after Drydock...

Hopefully, you'll all be on your way soon! Have a relaxing cruise and don't stress!:)

Could you maybe tell which areas have been updated?