Goat cheese soufflé

midwestchick

The goat cheese soufflé in Murano is amazing and my favorite dish onboard. The Blu cheese soufflé in Blu is also delicious.

Here is a picture of the goat cheese soufflé:

IMG_2368_zpshhj7bvin.jpg

I can't remember seeing the blue cheese soufflé in Blu, but I'll certainly look for it in the future! [emoji2]

The goat cheese soufflé in Murano is amazing and my favorite dish onboard. The Blu cheese soufflé in Blu is also delicious.

Here is a picture of the goat cheese soufflé:

IMG_2368_zpshhj7bvin.jpg

Be nice if they would put it in Blu or Tuscan on the M class ships that they took Murano out of, I haven't done Specialties in awhile. My cruise in June I'm in Blu and have a free Specialty from my TA.

I can't remember seeing the blue cheese soufflé in Blu, but I'll certainly look for it in the future! [emoji2]

I looked at the Blu sample menu on the Celebrity website and found it there (look under dinner menu). I was hoping my memory was correct. :)

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-restaurants-blu#

I was given the recipe for Goat Cheese Soufflé after enjoying it on the Millenium during our first cruise. I would never have asked for it because I didn't think restaurants ever shared. If anyone is interested I can post the recipe. It's scaled to serve four. We did make it once and it turned out great.

I was given the recipe for Goat Cheese Soufflé after enjoying it on the Millenium during our first cruise. I would never have asked for it because I didn't think restaurants ever shared. If anyone is interested I can post the recipe. It's scaled to serve four. We did make it once and it turned out great.

Please post the recipe! As Don said, with the Olympic, Ocean Liners, etc. being retired, it would be great if they served the goat cheese soufflé in the MDR or elsewhere. If we could make it at home, it would help.

Thanks!

This is exactly how it was written. There are obvious typos/mistakes, because the 5 egg whites, salt, pepper and chives are never addressed in the recipe. I'll post MY translation (I could be wrong here, it's just an educated guess) of the messy part (what occurs between the asterisks) after the recipe. Good luck!

Goat Cheese Soufflé

Makes 4 Servings

3 Large Egg Yolks

3/4 Cup WHole Milk

3 Tablespoons Butter

3 Taablespoons All-Purpose Flour

2 3-ounce Logs Soft Fresh Goat Cheese, crumbled

3/4 Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese

1/3 Cup Chopped Fresh Chives

1/2 Teaspoon Salt

1/2 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper

5 Large Egg Whites

Preheat oven to 375 degrees farenheit. Butter four 1 1/4 cup soufflé dishes. Whisk yolks and milk in a large bowl. Melt butter in a heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and stir for one minute. Gradually whisk in milk mixture. Continue whisking over medium heat until thick, about 2 minutes. Return mixture to same bowl. Cool soufflé base slightly.

** Set aside 1/4 cup goat cheese. Whisk remaining goat cheese and 1/2 cup Parmesan karlointo lukewarm souffle base in three additions.**

Divide mixture among prepared dishes. Top with 1/4 cup goat cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, dividing equally. Bake until puffed and golden, about 25 minutes. Set soufflé dishes on plates and serve.

We wish you all trés bon appetite!

Thank you for dining in the Olympic Restaurant.

Best Regards,

Tudor Soacat

Maitre D'Hotel Specialty

MY Translation of the iffy portion of the recipe:

**Set aside 1/4 cup goat cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan. Whisk the remaining goat cheese and Parmesan as well as the salt and pepper into the soufflé base. Beat the 5 egg whites in a clean bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold the egg whites into the soufflé base in 3 additions. **

I can't remember if I mixed the chives into the soufflé base or if I topped each soufflé with chives after baking as a sort of garnish. I'm thinking that I garnished.

This is exactly how it was written. There are obvious typos/mistakes, because the 5 egg whites, salt, pepper and chives are never addressed in the recipe. I'll post MY translation (I could be wrong here, it's just an educated guess) of the messy part (what occurs between the asterisks) after the recipe. Good luck!

Goat Cheese Soufflé

Makes 4 Servings

3 Large Egg Yolks

3/4 Cup WHole Milk

3 Tablespoons Butter

3 Taablespoons All-Purpose Flour

2 3-ounce Logs Soft Fresh Goat Cheese, crumbled

3/4 Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese

1/3 Cup Chopped Fresh Chives

1/2 Teaspoon Salt

1/2 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper

5 Large Egg Whites

Preheat oven to 375 degrees farenheit. Butter four 1 1/4 cup soufflé dishes. Whisk yolks and milk in a large bowl. Melt butter in a heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and stir for one minute. Gradually whisk in milk mixture. Continue whisking over medium heat until thick, about 2 minutes. Return mixture to same bowl. Cool soufflé base slightly.

** Set aside 1/4 cup goat cheese. Whisk remaining goat cheese and 1/2 cup Parmesan karlointo lukewarm souffle base in three additions.**

Divide mixture among prepared dishes. Top with 1/4 cup goat cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, dividing equally. Bake until puffed and golden, about 25 minutes. Set soufflé dishes on plates and serve.

We wish you all trés bon appetite!

Thank you for dining in the Olympic Restaurant.

Best Regards,

Tudor Soacat

Maitre D'Hotel Specialty

MY Translation of the iffy portion of the recipe:

**Set aside 1/4 cup goat cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan. Whisk the remaining goat cheese and Parmesan as well as the salt and pepper into the soufflé base. Beat the 5 egg whites in a clean bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold the egg whites into the soufflé base in 3 additions. **

I can't remember if I mixed the chives into the soufflé base or if I topped each soufflé with chives after baking as a sort of garnish. I'm thinking that I garnished.

Thanks so much for the recipe and translation! Will give it a try.

We were on the Millennium for our first taste of it also. Thanks for posting!

I received a copy while on the Constellation in 2010. Copies were distributed after a cooking demonstration. You are so lucky your copy is scaled to serve four -- the copy they distributed was for 60 servings!

Now my mouth is watering. We are planning Murano one night. I'll ask in Blu if it's possible to get it.

Miswestchick, we had both the goat cheese and Grand Marnier souffles at Murano last year, yummy! But you should ask ion Blu also, we were able to get it in the MDR also. Enjoy, and don't think of the calories;);)

Miswestchick, we had both the goat cheese and Grand Marnier souffles at Murano last year, yummy! But you should ask ion Blu also, we were able to get it in the MDR also. Enjoy, and don't think of the calories;);)

I only worry about calories before we cruise....once I'm onboard. I eat what I want and when I want. That's part of the fun. ;) :D