Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

It is logical to me that they would move D+ out of CL to make SL. What is not logical is why they would send the D+ back to an already overcrowded lounge that would exasperate the issue they tried to solve by allowing D+ in the CL in the first place.

Perhaps it will turn into another inconsistency. D+ at all times and D if there are not enough D+ on a given sailing and there are not too many D's on board.

I can see there being some restrictions on D access.

It is logical to me that they would move D+ out of CL to make SL. What is not logical is why they would send the D+ back to an already overcrowded lounge that would exasperate the issue they tried to solve by allowing D+ in the CL in the first place.

Perhaps it will turn into another inconsistency. D+ at all times and D if there are not enough D+ on a given sailing and there are not too many D's on board.

I agree with you! It's DL that is totally out of control. Let D+ Stay in DL and let P have choice.

Where do you get the idea that they "tried to solve a problem by allowing D+ in the CL in the first place"?

What problem were they "trying to solve"? :confused:

We hardly ever go to the DL, but do love the views. On the Independence last week, we decided to go up there the last night to enjoy the sunset for a Diet Coke (we hardly ever drink). It was clear the cliques had already formed. We sat down on a sofa and a lady leaned over and said....... And I QUOTE "excuse me, but does your seapass allow you in here?" We smiled, said yes, and promptly went back to the CL after the sunset.

Edited by DanTheCruisingMan

We hardly ever go to the DL, but do love the views. On the Independence last week, we decided to go up there the last night to enjoy the sunset for a Diet Coke (we hardly ever drink). It was clear the cliques had already formed. We sat down on a sofa and a lady leaned over and said....... And I QUOTE "excuse me, but does our seapass allow you in here?" We smiled, said yes, and promptly went back to the CL after the sunset.

Why would their seapass allow you in? :confused: :confused: :confused:

We hardly ever go to the DL, but do love the views. On the Independence last week, we decided to go up there the last night to enjoy the sunset for a Diet Coke (we hardly ever drink). It was clear the cliques had already formed. We sat down on a sofa and a lady leaned over and said....... And I QUOTE "excuse me, but does our seapass allow you in here?" We smiled, said yes, and promptly went back to the CL after the sunset.

I wouldn't have given her the courtesy of an answer, but just looked at her and said "Does yours?"

Where do you get the idea that they "tried to solve a problem by allowing D+ in the CL in the first place"?

What problem were they "trying to solve"? :confused:

I was of the impression that D+ into the CL was allowed to reduce crowding in DL. I understand on ships that at the time did not have a DL it gave D+'s a lounge rather than the nightly Diamond event, but again was of the impression this was to reduce crowding at that event.

There is little logic of D+ having access to two lounges for any other reason than crowd control:confused:

Edited by Spurschick

This may be lost in all the excitement of the 1000th post, but...Is there a serious possibility that we will board Freedom on Sunday (5/1) and be told we are no longer welcome in the Diamond Lounge on our second cruise as Diamond?

Unfortunately nothing is impossible

We hardly ever go to the DL, but do love the views. On the Independence last week, we decided to go up there the last night to enjoy the sunset for a Diet Coke (we hardly ever drink). It was clear the cliques had already formed. We sat down on a sofa and a lady leaned over and said....... And I QUOTE "excuse me, but does your seapass allow you in here?" We smiled, said yes, and promptly went back to the CL after the sunset.

I would have just said no to see what would have happened and to eventually put the lady in her place.

“You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened... or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the f**k on.” - Tupac

Actually, this works for most threads

Wow! Hillel and Tupac quoted within a few posts of each other....very interesting thread!

Not even Diamond here - although we will be after our Serenade cruise this summer. But I have enjoyed reading all the comments/complaints/ideas. And doing my part with one more post.

We have stayed in suites for several of our recent cruises - I can't say I have ever noticed any snobbery. As a matter of fact we met a few Pinnacle couples (and a D+) on our Alaskan cruise that went out of their way to have us join their group when we were in the lounge. Very welcoming and friendly. :D

And I totally missed the 1000! That went quick.

Edited by MNfamilycruiser

Yes it would have been scary. I might also point out that I had the Willie Wonka Pie on Allure this March. Karen, thanks for the recomendation. It was great.:)

Glad you liked it! It's amazing what people take away and remember from conversations. Willie Wonka Pie was a solid recommendation. :D :D

I was of the impression that D+ into the CL was allowed to reduce crowding in DL. I understand on ships that at the time did not have a DL it gave D+'s a lounge rather than the nightly Diamond event, but again was of the impression this was to reduce crowding at that event.

There is little logic of D+ having access to two lounges for any other reason than crowd control:confused:

I'm not sure where you got that impression. D+ tier level was created in 2004 (?) -- before that the top C&A tier was Diamond. D+ always had access to the CL. DL's were not even created until after 2009, when D's were disinvited from the CL. And the DL's were not created overnight. The Diamond Event came first, and then slowly DL's were created as the ships went through dry dock. There are several misconceptions in your post.

Glad you liked it! It's amazing what people take away and remember from conversations. Willie Wonka Pie was a solid recommendation. :D :D

I'm not sure where you got that impression. D+ tier level was created in 2004 (?) -- before that the top C&A tier was Diamond. D+ always had access to the CL. DL's were not even created until after 2009, when D's were disinvited from the CL. And the DL's were not created overnight. The Diamond Event came first, and then slowly DL's were created as the ships went through dry dock. There are several misconceptions in your post.

Thank you for the clarification. 2004 was far too long ago for me to remember:D I apologize for the confusion.

Edited by Spurschick

This may be lost in all the excitement of the 1000th post, but...Is there a serious possibility that we will board Freedom on Sunday (5/1) and be told we are no longer welcome in the Diamond Lounge on our second cruise as Diamond?

$64,000 question. Good luck

No, not at all.

D+ were given admission to the Concierge Lounge long before anyone dreamed of adding Diamond Lounges to any ship.

DIAMONDS used to be allowed in the Concierge Lounge, too. Then they kicked THEM out because of overcrowding. After a lot of pushback, screaming and yelling, RC started having the "Diamond Event."

Eventually, they built Diamond Lounges.

Edited by Merion_Mom

The facts? There are none.

My opinion?

You will be able to use the Diamond Lounge. You may have lots of company in there, and many may be whining a lot, but you'll be in there.

:)