Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

105 more posts to 3,000. Maybe there will actually be something of accurate information the next batch...

Why start now????

Nothing kills a good "Speculation Party" quicker than verifiable, accurate, factual data. :eek:

NRayH

I think the loyalty status should be a moving target. For example, for each cruise the top 10% should be Diamond and the top 5% should be Diamond+. Either that or just keep upping the limits each year to only allow a limited number of people in each category.

I think the loyalty status should be a moving target. For example, for each cruise the top 10% should be Diamond and the top 5% should be Diamond+. Either that or just keep upping the limits each year to only allow a limited number of people in each category.

And that will provide incentive for people to stick with RCI how?

Spin a giant wheel to see how you get treated...

"Uh-oh Jimmy... it's not looking good, you spun a Jack Dawson! Steerage class for you. Best hope we don't sink!!!!"

"Wow! You just spun the Andrew Jackson!!! For a mere $20 tip to the first bartender you see, you'll be treated like Michael Bayley and be given double and triple shots for the rest of the cruise!"

"Well, Rachel, looks like you'll get to stand by the bananas in a bowl next to the ketchup and mayo for the entire cruise. Your life couldn't get much worse at this point. Maybe you should just give us your purse and go home."

Edited by poncho1973

Hello

If one books top of line cabins, ie suites, they should get the equal or best treatment regardless of their status.

Who or what is Super Mario??

He's a RCCL lifer. He spends about 50 weeks a year on RCCL ships so he's a RCCL celebrity and they treat him well. I saw in an article he spends about $70K a year on cruises. He has something like 850 cruises in the last 20 years and runs his business from the ship.

Hello

If one books top of line cabins, ie suites, they should get the equal or best treatment regardless of their status.

Who or what is Super Mario??

Just so that I can both increase my post count (since SOMEONE on here keeps bringing up post counts) AND get us closer to the elusive 3,000................

http://www.nextavenue.org/live-on-cruise-ship/

Sort of like survival of the fittest? :eek: It would indeed reduce crowding, perhaps not in the way you envision.

"Uh-oh Jimmy... it's not looking good, you spun a Jack Dawson! Steerage class for you. Best hope we don't sink!!!!"

"Wow! You just spun the Andrew Jackson!!! For a mere $20 tip to the first bartender you see, you'll be treated like Michael Bayley and be given double and triple shots for the rest of the cruise!"

"Well, Rachel, looks like you'll get to stand by the bananas in a bowl next to the ketchup and mayo for the entire cruise. Your life couldn't get much worse at this point. Maybe you should just give us your purse and go home."

Very imaginative, and while I don't see it happening anytime soon, thanks for a good laugh.

Sort of like survival of the fittest? :eek: It would indeed reduce crowding, perhaps not in the way you envision.

Pray tell, just who would be tracking these percentages/changes? RCI's cracker-jack IT Group? :eek: :D

Talk about needing more "pop corn". Make mine un-salted, please.

NRayH

Why worry about reaching 3000 posts, I say just buy the webmaster to get Status and a FREE drink.

BTW, already booked into GS in 4 upcoming cruises and buy the PP for drinking needs. Not worried about free drinks. However, I expect to get a seat if I want to go to the CL or SL lounge.

I love this open minded group. Been there, done that with Delta FF and Mileage Plus. You can't buy cheap tickets and get upgraded. Generally requires full fare tickets.

Edited by troykahack

OMG!!! What a hoot!! :p :p

Thanks for the laugh!! :D I almost forgot about the nefarious bananas and ketchup drama!

Edited by island lady

I still say if a couple like me and the lady, or a single person book a GS or higher, we should be given the utmost treatment and always have a seat in the nice lounges. If we don't find it on RCCL, we will go elsewhere.

I played the Status game a long time ago with Delta. I was a segment flyer, to get my status. The fact remained, I couldn't book a cheap flight and get a upgrade or good stuff without a regular fare ticket. RCCL needs to revamp their Status group. Too many D, D+, P's. If those book a GS or above, no need to worry about drinks.... just buy the drink package or pay for them.

Yabadabadooo, 3000 here we come

AW Boo!

I paid about 50K for my 365 Diamond points!

I still say if a couple like me and the lady, or a single person book a GS or higher, we should be given the utmost treatment and always have a seat in the nice lounges. If we don't find it on RCCL, we will go elsewhere.

I played the Status game a long time ago with Delta. I was a segment flyer, to get my status. The fact remained, I couldn't book a cheap flight and get a upgrade or good stuff without a regular fare ticket. RCCL needs to revamp their Status group. Too many D, D+, P's. If those book a GS or above, no need to worry about drinks.... just buy the drink package or pay for them.

I'm sure that when you walk into the lounge if you announce that you're in a suite someone will get up and give you their seat.

I bet someone will just jump up and give us a seat. LOL maybe by force.... not from me...

You may have spent $50k to get your status but what about the folks that pay $10-15k each suite and buy drink package and tons of excursions. I will complain if we don't get a seat. We will spend that and more in a year. Who should RCCL cater too....

Watch out for people like us, we are now cruising at least 4 times a year. I just retired and my better half will soon, and then.....

Bring it on....

Now that I got the Status folks fired up, here we come record 3000

Edited by troykahack

Bon Voyage :rolleyes:

AW Boo!

I paid about 50K for my 365 Diamond points!

How long did it take to spend that $50k and reach your status? Our next 6 cruises booked will far exceed that considering drinks packages and RCCL excursions and on board purchases. Who should RCCL cater too?

If you are a business man, who would you want to book on you cruise line??

3000 here we come

Bon Voyage :rolleyes:

Yes we will, 6 booked and looking to fill a couple more slots between now and Dec 2017. We love to cruise, watch out for us. Who cares about status, we don't

3000 here we come

Edited by troykahack