BA Cirque Question

April42749

If you reserve online before the cruise there is only one price.

Onboard....are there different price levels?

Is there "a good" place to sit?

Just one price, they just seat you when you arrive. Our family of 7 was seated with other people.

I reserved online for one price ...apparently it was premium but I didn't get an option. My family members reserved online immediately after me and saves $7 per person ...they couldn't refund me over the phone and said I would need to contact someone on board which I completely forgot to do...I would suggest you call and try to book

I reserved online for one price ...apparently it was premium but I didn't get an option. My family members reserved online immediately after me and saves $7 per person ...they couldn't refund me over the phone and said I would need to contact someone on board which I completely forgot to do...I would suggest you call and try to book

I also reserved online. How much dos you pay?

If you reserve online before the cruise there is only one price.

Onboard....are there different price levels?

Is there "a good" place to sit?

One price. You are seated in the order you arrive by the hostess. Havens guests are seated first (they go in via a back stage door). Then first come first serve for everyone else. For best seating, someone from your group should get in line 1 hour before show time and the whole group by 30 minutes before show time when the doors open. Late comers get seated in the back.

I also reserved online. How much dos you pay?

With the udp I paid 17.50 pp and was told these were premium???? My other family members with udp paid $10 and change for those without UDP I think it was 47.50. Ultimately we were in haven went down early all sat together in good seats. Last year when I went it was free with udp on first night and seating was first come first seat which it seemed to be this time as well.

Edited by melis11577

• 1 month later...

On Epic this past Christmas we booked Cirque Dreams via NCL UK direct and paid the extra for premium seating (around £35 per person). We had the choice of sitting either downstairs or on the balcony. Because all our show bookings (which were made in advance) were suddenly re-scheduled once we got on board it meant we had to re-arrange Cirque. Thanks to a very helpful lady in the Show Bookings kiosk we managed to get everything re-arranged and she ensured that we got premium seating on the balcony for Cirque.

It was a good show and the food also good. Worth paying extra for premium and unless you want to be picked on to participate in the performance avoid sitting downstairs at the front!!

Suzanne

Off BA this morning. $39.99 for regular seats. They are just fine, no need for premium (this may vary by ship). Some actors come very near you if you are in the front, but no touching or audience participation. We had UDP, but would have paid full price if we hadn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Off BA this morning. $39.99 for regular seats. They are just fine, no need for premium (this may vary by ship). Some actors come very near you if you are in the front, but no touching or audience participation. We had UDP, but would have paid full price if we hadn't.

Super! Thanks.

Current/recent "regular" pricing on BA For Cirque's (light) dinner fantasy show is $39.95 p/p + 18% ... as of week of 5/22-5/29/2016. VIP seating was $59.95 and as above poster said, there is absolutely no reason to pay a $20 premium for being 15' to 20' closer to the front / small stage area - performers will be all around you. (Post #99 - here)

When we first saw this on day 1 of the BA sailing in 2014, it was discounted to $29.95 for regular seating & 6 of us had a semi-circled booth on elevated floor in the "back" - perfect to watch. Last year, they called it "Premium" seating at $49.95 and no Day 1 discount - this year, VIP seating is the new name at $59.95 ... same stage, same setup and occupancy capacity is the same, unchanged.

It's a small dinner theater / banquet room - not as if you are seating in a Broadway show-sized theater or in Vegas for one of the dinner show, like those at Excalibur.

When we went (5/1 sailing) there was only one price level. I forget the exact cost, but for the 2 of us it was less than $100.

We got there about 40 minutes early and were seated in the front...first seats....so no "big heads" blocking us.

Even if it costs more, I highly recommend this. You just wouldn't get the same effect further back or with people "in the way".

BTW...DH thought it was going to be a waste of time and money, and he loved it.

Current/recent "regular" pricing on BA For Cirque's (light) dinner fantasy show is $39.95 p/p + 18% ... as of week of 5/22-5/29/2016. VIP seating was $59.95 and as above poster said, there is absolutely no reason to pay a $20 premium for being 15' to 20' closer to the front / small stage area - performers will be all around you. (Post #99 - here)

When we first saw this on day 1 of the BA sailing in 2014, it was discounted to $29.95 for regular seating & 6 of us had a semi-circled booth on elevated floor in the "back" - perfect to watch. Last year, they called it "Premium" seating at $49.95 and no Day 1 discount - this year, VIP seating is the new name at $59.95 ... same stage, same setup and occupancy capacity is the same, unchanged.

It's a small dinner theater / banquet room - not as if you are seating in a Broadway show-sized theater or in Vegas for one of the dinner show, like those at Excalibur.

Thanks for the info. We've done Cirque on Epic, and also Illusionarium on Getaway. From your description, it sounds like it's set up more like the Illusionarium theater than Epic's Cirque theater. Interesting.

(I just returned from Escape. I don't sail Breakaway until a year from now, and already I am looking into things. I leave for California in 3 weeks. Trip to Vegas not long after that, and plenty of others... But guess what I'm doing? I'm already asking Breakaway questions. LOL!)

So, if I have UDP, I don't pay extra for the regular seats at Cirque?

There is an extra charge. I don't remember exactly what it was, but I want to say around $13?

Hi. Can someone share the BA Cirque menu? I did a search but didn't find one.

Prosciutto with mozzarella and tomatoes appetizer, steak and shrimp with French fries and some veggie, and a dessert trio with flourless chocolate cake, red velvet mini cupcake, and something else I didn't eat, maybe flan? I did not eat the shrimp, but the rest was good. Really I was too busy watching the show to pay much attention to the food!

Prosciutto with mozzarella and tomatoes appetizer, steak and shrimp with French fries and some veggie, and a dessert trio with flourless chocolate cake, red velvet mini cupcake, and something else I didn't eat, maybe flan? I did not eat the shrimp, but the rest was good. Really I was too busy watching the show to pay much attention to the food!

Thank you gymbomb!

If I have the 3 dinner package, does going here take away one of the dinners, which would only give two dinners, plus I have to pay extra?

No

You select when and where you use your SDP dinners. They are better spent on a la carte restaurants.

No

You select when and where you use your SDP dinners. They are better spent on a la carte restaurants.

Bird.... the question specifically set the criteria that they CHOSE to go to Cirque.... so the answer is YES.... they use a SDP dinner and pay the upcharge

They did not ask if it was a better value which is completely subjective.... if this is the only chance to see Cirque and they have world class steakhouses or Italian restaurants where they live...... then Cirque is absolutely a better value

Edited by esm54687