The Stigma Against Jeans ??

curtdesilets

Excellently put and you can bet your bottom dollar that there will be those who will push the boundaries.

There are also those whose interpretation of 'smart jeans' leaves a lot to be desired and have little distinction between their day wear and evening wear.

This discussion has swung all over the place. Smart Jeans, Stylish jeans, Personal desires." I like","I dont like" .....personal taste, personal freedom and independence.

All, well anchored from a slew of personal pronouns to describe individual wants and personal standards.

With the exception of some of our British friends, no one has mentioned the words: respect, manners and decorum ... for not ones self, but that for others.. Would any one place others before themselves as a matter of course ? Interesting question for any to contemplate...is it not?

The American Admiral Farragut, had some words worth contemplating..."Damm the torpedos, ...full speed ahead" . Perhaps , we need to consider if we might be steering our personal ship of self in such a way ???

Edited by Hawaiidan

This discussion has swung all over the place. Smart Jeans, Stylish jeans, Personal desires." I like","I dont like" .....personal taste, personal freedom and independence.

All, well anchored from a slew of personal pronouns to describe individual wants and personal standards.

With the exception of some of our British friends, no one has mentioned the words: respect, manners and decorum ... for not ones self, but that for others.. Would any one place others before themselves as a matter of course ? Interesting question for any to contemplate...is it not?

The American Admiral Farragut, had some words worth contemplating..."Damm the torpedos, ...full speed ahead" . Perhaps , we need to consider if we might be steering our personal ship of self in such a way ???

In post #50 I "sort of brought up respect" when I said "Despite the posters that feel entitled to do whatever they want and disrespecting Oceania's dress code, most passengers are happy to abide by Oceania's wishes. Unfortunately, these "entitled" adults are raising "entitled" children -- being taught that guidelines/rules are for everyone else - not for them. What a shame! " Respect is something I take quite seriously (probably because I was raised that way!).

Contrary to someone's post that indicated that Oceania does not have a dress code because they use words such as "recommend", "discourage", etc., there is a dress code. Oceania probably did not feel it had to use stronger language -- they were being respectful of their guests and more than likely believed that educated adults would return the respect by abiding by their dress code.

It seems that Oceania shot itself in the foot when it added "dress jeans" to their dress code. Apparently their customers either fail to understand the meaning of "dress jeans" (I do not believe that such a thing exists) or intentionally challenges anyone to ask them to change into appropriate apparel for dinner.

P.S. Must disagree about Oceania and Regent being the same or similar (putting the all-inclusiveness aside). The ships are completely different (Regent's current fleet has considerably larger "suites" vs. Oceania's "staterooms", while some of the food is similar, most of it seems to be of a different quality (perhaps prime vs. choice meat?). The dress code is stricter, the ambience is different and the passengers, for the most part are different. This is a bit off topic so I won't elaborate further.

I guess it all comes down to what one considers "luxury." I could never quite figure out what separated Regent (your favorite line) being considered "luxury" and "premium" ...the designation for Oceania. I have been on both, and to me , Oceania is luxury and my preferred line. I guess because Regent is "all inclusive" it is considered luxury. Since I take all private excursions (not the inflated priced ship excursions) and we drink very little, on Regent we would be subsidizing others for what we would not be taking advantage. We are able to get an Owners or Oceania suite(approx 1000 sq. feet) for less than a Seven Seas suite (approx. 450 sq. feet ..i think) on Regent. To me the decor , the ambience, and the friendliness of the passengers and crew of the 2 lines is equal.To insinuate that because some Oceania posters think it is OK to wear "dress" jeans (that seemed to be what you are implying, maybe I am wrong) negates it from being a luxury line IMO is imprudent.

One last thing ..For me the country club casual dress code is luxury ...packing and wearing a jacket is not . Everyone has their own idea as what "luxury" is for them.

I could have written your post. The thing is really who determines what is luxury - I just bought my husband some designer jeans to wear with a sport coat. They are no way near the fabric or style of a Levi Strauss. They look quite fashionable and nice. I think it's time to update the Casual Dress Codes on the ships to include upscale denim.

I could have written your post. The thing is really who determines what is luxury - I just bought my husband some designer jeans to wear with a sport coat. They are no way near the fabric or style of a Levi Strauss. They look quite fashionable and nice. I think it's time to update the Casual Dress Codes on the ships to include upscale denim.

Instead of " no Jeans" do like most all country clubs, golf courses etc say

NO Denim. Something in denim may make you feel all spiffy and fashionable... However, to everybody else they are just jeans....whether on a sophisticated gentry or a oil platform roughneck... they are just jeans.

Makes me think of the emperors new clothing....might have been jeans???

Instead of " no Jeans" do like most all country clubs, golf courses etc say

NO Denim. Something in denim may make you feel all spiffy and fashionable... However, to everybody else they are just jeans....whether on a sophisticated gentry or a oil platform roughneck... they are just jeans.

Makes me think of the emperors new clothing....might have been jeans???

Love it!:D

Since you now "get it", please explain it to me why exactly is Oceania not considered a "true" luxury line as I don't get it yet.

Somehow I missed your post earlier. I understand that "luxury" means different things to different people. For people that have sailed on mainstream or premium cruise lines, Oceania could well seem luxurious. I've said numerous times that the Riviera is the most beautiful ship we have sailed on. With the exception of inside cabins, the ship's design, public spaces and upper suites are definitely luxurious.

Although there are four major recognized luxury cruise lines (Crystal, Regent, Seabourn and Silversea), we have only sailed on Silversea and Regent. I use Regent as a comparison most of the time because they are owned by the same company, presumably get their food from the same place, etc. Not everyone will agree with my observations which is fine.

1. Dress Code - jeans are not permitted on any luxury ship after 6:00 p.m.

2. There are no special places on the ship that only passengers in certain categories of cabins can enter (think "Concierge" and "Executive Lounge" on the Riviera and Marina.)

3. Boarding is first come first served. No special lines for upper suites.

4. Most ships are all-suite, all balcony.

5. Food is subjective. While we find the food in Jacques and Red Ginger is equal to or better than luxury cruise lines, the MDR and Terrace Café is not. The array of foods on the buffet in the Terrace Café is lovely but the quality/taste did not meet our expectations. The buffet on Silversea is smaller but much higher quality. Regent's buffet restaurant is also smaller and better than Oceania but not as good as Silversea. The exception on Regent is their amazing barbeques on the pool deck. Whether it is a seafood buffet, Indian, Asian, Greek or ???, the buffets are excellent. Heads and shoulders above Oceania or Silversea.

6. Alcohol. Okay - luxury lines are all-inclusive but not everyone loves the wine onboard and bring their own. You can bring any type of alcohol on board but we mainly see wine. There is no corkage fee on luxury cruise lines.

We had the premium alcohol package on both of our Oceania cruises and compared it to our included alcohol on Silversea and Regent (Crystal and Seabourn also have included alcohol but we have not sailed those two lines). Obviously you do not have to "sign" for drinks on luxury cruise lines which makes it easier when you are with a group (in terms of whom it paying for what). Alcohol is carefully measured for each drink on Oceania. It is not measured on luxury cruise lines. This isn't about getting strong drinks. It is about having drinks the way that you prefer them. For instance, in order to sit in the lounge with others and have a "few" drinks rather than the two that I typically have at home, I can ask for a small bit of alcohol. My intention is not to get drunk - just to sip a few drinks in a social environment. On the other hand, if you want a strong drink, it isn't a problem.

The crowds on Oceania when "free" or "discounted" drinks are available is overwhelming. This does not occur on luxury cruise lines.

Since this question has me a bit off topic, I'll end the comparisons here (although I can think of more differences).

Back to the Dress Code....... there are only a handful of cruise lines where jeans are not permitted in the evening - all of them happen to be luxury cruise lines. Apparently Oceania now permits jeans which seems to be the same as Celebrity, Carnival, etc. So, for all of you that want to wear jeans, you have plenty of options (including Oceania). Does anyone know if Oceania's competition - Azamara and Viking Ocean permit jeans at night? Just curious.

Oh, before I forget...... the number one reason that Oceania is not a luxury cruise line is because your CEO, Frank Del Rio said so:)

Just looked up Dress Codes on Azamara and Viking Ocean:

Azamara Club Cruises® voyages have a resort casual dress code. This means there are no required formal nights, but guests who prefer to dress in formal attire are always welcome to do so. We only ask that guests refrain from bare feet, tank tops, ball caps, bathing suits, or jeans in the dining room or specialty restaurants.

Viking Ocean - During the day on board and ashore, dress is casual including shorts, jeans and comfortable shoes for walking tours. Swimsuits, brief shorts, cover-ups and exercise attire should be reserved for the pool and Sports Deck. For evenings, while there are no “formal nights,” the recommended dress is elegant casual for most restaurants, performances or other special events. Suggested attire for ladies includes a dress, or a sweater or blouse worn with a skirt or slacks; for gentlemen, trousers and a collared shirt. A tie and jacket are optional, but not required. Dinner in The Restaurant remains casual, with daytime dress deemed appropriate.

P.S. Another significant difference for us is the ability to pre-order (24 hours) any food that the luxury cruise line has the ability to make. We typically pre-order an Indian meal for dinner, Chateaubriand, Beef Wellington, Lobster (not all at the same time:-) -- the list of what you can order is endless.

Somehow I missed your post earlier. I understand that "luxury" means different things to different people. For people that have sailed on mainstream or premium cruise lines, Oceania could well seem luxurious. I've said numerous times that the Riviera is the most beautiful ship we have sailed on. With the exception of inside cabins, the ship's design, public spaces and upper suites are definitely luxurious.

Although there are four major recognized luxury cruise lines (Crystal, Regent, Seabourn and Silversea), we have only sailed on Silversea and Regent. I use Regent as a comparison most of the time because they are owned by the same company, presumably get their food from the same place, etc. Not everyone will agree with my observations which is fine.

1. Dress Code - jeans are not permitted on any luxury ship after 6:00 p.m.

2. There are no special places on the ship that only passengers in certain categories of cabins can enter (think "Concierge" and "Executive Lounge" on the Riviera and Marina.)

3. Boarding is first come first served. No special lines for upper suites.

4. Most ships are all-suite, all balcony.

5. Food is subjective. While we find the food in Jacques and Red Ginger is equal to or better than luxury cruise lines, the MDR and Terrace Café is not. The array of foods on the buffet in the Terrace Café is lovely but the quality/taste did not meet our expectations. The buffet on Silversea is smaller but much higher quality. Regent's buffet restaurant is also smaller and better than Oceania but not as good as Silversea. The exception on Regent is their amazing barbeques on the pool deck. Whether it is a seafood buffet, Indian, Asian, Greek or ???, the buffets are excellent. Heads and shoulders above Oceania or Silversea.

6. Alcohol. Okay - luxury lines are all-inclusive but not everyone loves the wine onboard and bring their own. You can bring any type of alcohol on board but we mainly see wine. There is no corkage fee on luxury cruise lines.

We had the premium alcohol package on both of our Oceania cruises and compared it to our included alcohol on Silversea and Regent (Crystal and Seabourn also have included alcohol but we have not sailed those two lines). Obviously you do not have to "sign" for drinks on luxury cruise lines which makes it easier when you are with a group (in terms of whom it paying for what). Alcohol is carefully measured for each drink on Oceania. It is not measured on luxury cruise lines. This isn't about getting strong drinks. It is about having drinks the way that you prefer them. For instance, in order to sit in the lounge with others and have a "few" drinks rather than the two that I typically have at home, I can ask for a small bit of alcohol. My intention is not to get drunk - just to sip a few drinks in a social environment. On the other hand, if you want a strong drink, it isn't a problem.

The crowds on Oceania when "free" or "discounted" drinks are available is overwhelming. This does not occur on luxury cruise lines.

Since this question has me a bit off topic, I'll end the comparisons here (although I can think of more differences).

Back to the Dress Code....... there are only a handful of cruise lines where jeans are not permitted in the evening - all of them happen to be luxury cruise lines. Apparently Oceania now permits jeans which seems to be the same as Celebrity, Carnival, etc. So, for all of you that want to wear jeans, you have plenty of options (including Oceania). Does anyone know if Oceania's competition - Azamara and Viking Ocean permit jeans at night? Just curious.

Oh, before I forget...... the number one reason that Oceania is not a luxury cruise line is because your CEO, Frank Del Rio said so:)

If it makes you happier to cruise on Regent because it is a luxury line, then it is your preference and choice - as it should be.

I have sailed on Regent, Silversea and Seabourn and have enjoyed them but I have been happiest with premium line Oceania - for many personal reasons. These include, among others, dress code (I mean no coats and ties - I do not own jeans at all), better food (IMO) friendlier people (IMO), and the fact that I don't have to pay for others' drinks or their excursions. All of your many references to alcohol are all irrelevant to me (nor do they constitute luxury in my view).

To me the title of luxury on these lines is just a label and a higher price tag, not necessarily an experience.

To each their own :D

If it makes you happier to cruise on Regent because it is a luxury line, then it is your preference and choice - as it should be.

I have sailed on Regent, Silversea and Seabourn and have enjoyed them but I have been happiest with premium line Oceania - for many personal reasons. These include, among others, dress code (I mean no coats and ties - I do not own jeans at all), better food (IMO) friendlier people (IMO), and the fact that I don't have to pay for others' drinks or their excursions. All of your many references to alcohol are all irrelevant to me (nor do they constitute luxury in my view).

To me the title of luxury on these lines is just a label and a higher price tag, not necessarily an experience.

To each their own :D

Actually, I sail on Regent because I like it - know a lot of the staff and feel comfortable there (not because it is considered luxury). I'm against included excursions but it seems that both non-luxury lines and luxury lines are starting to include them. The quality (and cost) of the premium excursions on Regent is better than on other lines (in terms of Oceania, it is a matter of cost - Oceania excursions are, IMO, very expensive). Also, after 313 nights on board, the benefits have spoiled us.

I have been following this thread with interest...I plan on sailing on Oceania in the future and enjoy reading the back and forth on the board.

We recently sailed on Crystal and have another cruise booked in July ( excited it is only two months away!)

There was a thread on the Crystal Forum recently about jeans and such. Interestingly enough, I imagined Crystal was more formal than Oceania, but it seems that jeans are acceptable on Crystal nowadays ( not ripped or in poor condition- dress jeans).

Another poster actually posted a video with Edie Rodriguez ( CEO) discussing how jeans are now acceptable attire due to the world wide trend towards more casual dining. The video and discussion about the subject.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/showthread.php?t=2295133

I personally have no horse in this race...I do what is mandated and have no issue with dressing up or down. But I do see a definite shift in nice restaurants around the world. Nice jeans seem quite acceptable in most venues, including Michelin star restaurants.

I have been following this thread with interest...I plan on sailing on Oceania in the future and enjoy reading the back and forth on the board.

We recently sailed on Crystal and have another cruise booked in July ( excited it is only two months away!)

There was a thread on the Crystal Forum recently about jeans and such. Interestingly enough, I imagined Crystal was more formal than Oceania, but it seems that jeans are acceptable on Crystal nowadays ( not ripped or in poor condition- dress jeans).

Another poster actually posted a video with Edie Rodriguez ( CEO) discussing how jeans are now acceptable attire due to the world wide trend towards more casual dining. The video and discussion about the subject.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/showthread.php?t=2295133

I personally have no horse in this race...I do what is mandated and have no issue with dressing up or down. But I do see a definite shift in nice restaurants around the world. Nice jeans seem quite acceptable in most venues, including Michelin star restaurants.

Whoops! There goes Crystal's "luxury" designation;). I hope the "regulars" on Crystal survive. Well, I guess they can always move over to Regent.

Whoops! There goes Crystal's "luxury" designation;). I hope the "regulars" on Crystal survive. Well, I guess they can always move over to Regent.

It didn't seem to create much of a protest on the Crystal board. The regulars seem content :)

If you read my post, there is a whole lot more that differentiates luxury from "premium plus" than dress code.

Hopefully Crystal won't have the same problem that Regent did when it softened its' dress code. Like on Oceania, some people read "jeans" and don't see the "dress" part and end up looking like slobs. While Regent does not permit jeans, there are some people that wear polo shirts when dining in the specialty restaurants (the lowest possible interpretation of the policy) while others wear suits and ties.

It sounds like people in different parts of the world have different feelings about how to dress in a fine dining restaurant or on a luxury cruise ship. Most Europeans dress up much more than people that live in the U.S. And, people on the west coast dress much relaxed than on the east coast (a generalization). An exception to the east coast is Florida that seem to have an issue dressing up at all.

We just returned from a charity event tonight where we live. My DH and I wore slacks and a decent (not fancy) blouse/shirt. Others there wore sloppy shorts and t-shirts while some dressed as we did.

As many people know, Frank Del Rio enjoys dressing casual (including in jeans). However, he dresses beautifully when the occasion calls for it (no doubt to respect the restaurant, his host or his ships). I applaud him and follow his lead.

Edited by Travelcat2

If you read my post, there is a whole lot more that differentiates luxury from "premium plus" than dress code.

Hopefully Crystal won't have the same problem that Regent did when it softened its' dress code. Like on Oceania, some people read "jeans" and don't see the "dress" part and end up looking like slobs. While Regent does not permit jeans, there are some people that wear polo shirts when dining in the specialty restaurants (the lowest possible interpretation of the policy) while others wear suits and ties.

It sounds like people in different parts of the world have different feelings about how to dress in a fine dining restaurant or on a luxury cruise ship. Most Europeans dress up much more than people that live in the U.S. And, people on the west coast dress much relaxed than on the east coast (a generalization). An exception to the east coast is Florida that seem to have an issue dressing up at all.

We just returned from a charity event tonight where we live. My DH and I wore slacks and a decent (not fancy) blouse/shirt. Others there wore sloppy shorts and t-shirts while some dressed as we did.

As many people know, Frank Del Rio enjoys dressing casual (including in jeans). However, he dresses beautifully when the occasion calls for it (no doubt to respect the restaurant, his host or his ships). I applaud him and follow his lead.

I think age and location has a lot to do with people's perspective on this topic.

I personally only wear jeans in colder climates. I love wearing dresses and never even pack jeans on warm weather vacations like the Med or Caribbean. Northern European cruises and Alaska do call for jeans...however, at dinner I usually wear black wool trousers or grey flannel. Sometimes I will wear very dark, slim jeans with a blazer and a scarf and loafers or low heeled boots.

The jeans issue boils down to a couple of things ImHO-

First is body type....you need to really be mindful, as jeans are generally not the most flattering attire. You have to choose well cut, appropriate jeans to look nice and know how to pair them with proper accessories.

Age....the new tendency to wear jeans to nicer restaurants is not a lack of respect. It is definitely generational and regional. As Travelcat2 mentioned, for example, the West Coast has a dress code that is more "casual chic". I am originally from California and have been to many very nice restaurants in CA and men wear blazers with jeans and women wear blazers or chic tops with jeans .

I have also seen this kind of dress at many many restaurants in France, Italy , Austria etc when on longer land trips. Always very tasteful and in no way looking like anyone was going to garden.

Here in Brazil, at the top restaurants in Rio and SP, it is absolutely the dress code and people look very attractive. Think Gisele Bundchen and Tom Brady going to dinner.

I love fashion and am very mindful of what I wear. I think it is a question of good sense if you should be wearing jeans or not. If you are not sure, you probably shouldn't lol. I generally avoid jeans on cruises, but I think some people look great,

I think age and location has a lot to do with people's perspective on this topic.

I personally only wear jeans in colder climates. I love wearing dresses and never even pack jeans on warm weather vacations like the Med or Caribbean. Northern European cruises and Alaska do call for jeans..,

Jeans, or any cotton clothing in colder climates like Alaska and Norway, are not warm... They provide no insulation and actually act to suck out your body heat, when dry. When wet they cause rapid on set of hypothermia.

It dosent have to be wet from rain, your normal body sweat and moisture is enough to accelerate your bodys rapid heat loss....

Every year day hikers and explorers who visit these colder climates die.....as in dead... fatal... I have personaly seen numerous situations and

seen how fast people can fall victim to Hypothermia

Please, read up on Hypothermia...it is a serious thing that is very easy to fall victim to. Anything cotton... puts you at risk... not just Jeans.

I personally only wear jeans in colder climates. I love wearing dresses and never even pack jeans on warm weather vacations like the Med or Caribbean. Northern European cruises and Alaska do call for jeans...however, at dinner I usually wear black wool trousers or grey flannel. Sometimes I will wear very dark, slim jeans with a blazer and a scarf and loafers or low heeled boots.

The jeans issue boils down to a couple of things ImHO-

First is body type....you need to really be mindful, as jeans are generally not the most flattering attire. You have to choose well cut, appropriate jeans to look nice and know how to pair them with proper accessories.

Age....the new tendency to wear jeans to nicer restaurants is not a lack of respect. It is definitely generational and regional. As Travelcat2 mentioned, for example, the West Coast has a dress code that is more "casual chic". I am originally from California and have been to many very nice restaurants in CA and men wear blazers with jeans and women wear blazers or chic tops with jeans .

I have also seen this kind of dress at many many restaurants in France, Italy , Austria etc when on longer land trips. Always very tasteful and in no way looking like anyone was going to garden.

Here in Brazil, at the top restaurants in Rio and SP, it is absolutely the dress code and people look very attractive. Think Gisele Bundchen and Tom Brady going to dinner.

I love fashion and am very mindful of what I wear. I think it is a question of good sense if you should be wearing jeans or not. If you are not sure, you probably shouldn't lol. I generally avoid jeans on cruises, but I think some people look great,

Really enjoyed reading your post and agree with you. Unfortunately, some people do not take their body type into consideration. If there were a way for dress jeans with sports jackets to be permitted, I would have no problem with it. Sadly, that would never happen (and people would still wear jeans that make their bodies look like stuffed sausages and probably would wear jeans that no one except themselves would consider "dress jeans".)

For many reasons, we do not even pack jeans when we go on a cruise.

Unfortunately, some people do not take their body type into consideration.

Well if that were the case pretty much every cruise ship I've been on could get rid of their pool.

Well if that were the case pretty much every cruise ship I've been on could get rid of their pool.

Really funny comment and probably true:D Thankfully people don't wear swimwear to dinner (although some may want to).

Jeans, or any cotton clothing in colder climates like Alaska and Norway, are not warm... They provide no insulation and actually act to suck out your body heat, when dry. When wet they cause rapid on set of hypothermia.

It dosent have to be wet from rain, your normal body sweat and moisture is enough to accelerate your bodys rapid heat loss....

Every year day hikers and explorers who visit these colder climates die.....as in dead... fatal... I have personaly seen numerous situations and

seen how fast people can fall victim to Hypothermia

Please, read up on Hypothermia...it is a serious thing that is very easy to fall victim to. Anything cotton... puts you at risk... not just Jeans.

Interesting... I will read up on Hypothermia as suggested. As most of our trips to Northern climates are cruises, we have pretty sedate activities and hypothermia is not such an issue. But good info to have!

Interesting... I will read up on Hypothermia as suggested. As most of our trips to Northern climates are cruises, we have pretty sedate activities and hypothermia is not such an issue. But good info to have!

Good...the problem is with hypothermia is you dont have to be hiking..I have seen people sitting on a yacht on a cool evening ...not doing much of anything come down with a fatal condition... The onset is that you feel comfortable and relaxed ...like having a few drinks. Your brain and body become further and further from the reality.

Your judgement, perception and coordination all degrade.. and this is only after you body has cooled down a mere 3 degrees F..... 8 more degrees loss any you die.. I have seen it many times....its not rare.... NO COTTON

wow...the judgement in this whole thread...my last cruise on Oceania I met so many wonderful dressy casual people. I expect I will again.

But I will be wearing my "Jeans" sometimes during the day. To dinner, not sure what I will do.

Just to clarify since the term dressy jeans is being used by others and myself. My thoughts are, anything that FADES in and out of shades of color, anything denim colored, etc. is NOT a dress jean!!! Solid dark pants that happen to fit well, but, can be classified as jeans by the closure-zipper, are worn all the time by people and I bet others have no idea that they are technically jeans. For the record, I wear a size 4 and I find it hard to believe anyone is going to even notice what I am wearing.

Being from the UK I have been eating my err popcorn 😀 While reading this thread BUT I do have a genuine question!!

What do folks class as " Dress Jeans"

Please don't flame I am genuinely interested as we really don't have the concept over here 😱

Being from the UK I have been eating my err popcorn 😀 While reading this thread BUT I do have a genuine question!!

Please don't flame I am genuinely interested as we really don't have the concept over here 😱

+1. I thought it was just me, pinkpanther.

I think that dasi11 gave a fairly good explanation but most people won't read her post (also, most people are not a size 4). I have seen dark blue denim jeans worn with a blazer that look quite good on slim people. However, just wearing it with a polo shirt or other short sleeved shirt won't look so good. IMO, most people are clueless when it comes to "Dress Jeans". In any case, since it is apparently now allowed on Oceania, be prepared to see any and all "looks" that have been described on this thread.

Hmmmmm, popcorn sounds good - think I'll have some;)