Dawn Drydock?

gregbar

Well I thought I had seen the last of Ms. Dawn until November, but lo and behold, there she blows. When I got into work this morning I could see a ship at the Port of N.O. dock and walked to the window of our conference room at the office. It wasn't an ADA ship or a P&O, but the Norwegian Dawn. What? The port vessel schedule has it as an disembark only. Very interesting.

Well I thought I had seen the last of Ms. Dawn until November, but lo and behold, there she blows. When I got into work this morning I could see a ship at the Port of N.O. dock and walked to the window of our conference room at the office. It wasn't an ADA ship or a P&O, but the Norwegian Dawn. What? The port vessel schedule has it as an disembark only. Very interesting.

Dawn just finished a 10 day cruise, got added to the schedule last minute due to a delay at the Freeport dry dock. She dropped her passengers this morning and the crew has begun the dry dock work.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Dawn just finished a 10 day cruise, got added to the schedule last minute due to a delay at the Freeport dry dock. She dropped her passengers this morning and the crew has begun the dry dock work.

Does that mean the dry dock was shortened by 10 days, or did they just delay the start?

Does that mean the dry dock was shortened by 10 days, or did they just delay the start?

Delayed the start due to a delay of previous ship's work taking to long. According to the crew they had talked about dry docking in Boston instead, but decided to add a cruise instead do to cost. Talking with crew, the ship will look brand new and almost be unrecognizable with every surface getting replaced, painted, or polished. Restruants are moving or being rebranded. This will be the largest dry dock Ncl has ever done, 7 weeks roughly $50,000,000.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Not sure, Alain the hotel director kept saying 7 weeks. As far as I know, when the date got pushed back and the 10 day added no following cruise was cancelled to make up for the delay.

Maybe "7 weeks" is island time for "4 weeks + 2 days". :)

I show the Dawn out from 5/18 - 6/17 which is exactly 4 weeks and 2 days.

She will probably leave Freeport around the 14th or 15th for a non-revenue run to Boston.

The original plans were about the same - they cancelled two 7 day cruises and added a 10 day so they added 4 days to the dry dock.

I hope she is in real ship shape when I cruise to Canada this fall :)

On our March cruise, the deck on our balcony was in really rough shape and we could see she was ready for some sprucing up! We loved the old Blue Lagoon but it wasn't quite the same either. Can't wait to hear from those on the first cruises after dry-dock.

We disembarked yesterday after the 10 day cruise and we are booked for October 21, I cant wait to see the changes!! They covered sections of the promenade deck with plywood and had begun to sand the murals. We were in the DOS and the only complaint we had was that the windows tended to get foggy. (oh ya, one of the closet doors felt like it was off the runner).

We are on the June 17 cruise. Does anyone have a web address for the webcam so we can see the ship in drydock. We have been o the Dawn several times and are looking forward to the next cruise.

I just got a knot in the pit of my stomach. Are we going to be on a construction cruise????

Don't walk under any ladders in the halls.

We were on the Epic last year after its dry dock. If you looked really hard, you could find some renovations being completed. In our cabin, some grouting was cleaned up on day 2. And a curtain covering a closet returned on Day 3. Crew said that there was still work being done below decks.

The Dawn finally left the dock in N.O. at 7:30pm last night. They were refueling, but I suppose there was other work going on as well.

We are on the cruise June 17th too, can they really finish all the planned work in a month, they are going to have work night and day ? I thought it had already started weeks ago, I was surprised to see they only started working this week. Thanks for his eye witness update.