How Often Did You Get Towel Animals

Curious, for those that have been on Royal ship recently, what ship were you on and did you get towel animals every night? We only had them a few nights and am curious if they cut back overall, or if they cut back just on our ship (Allure) or just for our stateroom level (promenade).

Just off 5 day on Grandeur. We only got 2 same as our tablemates. Day 2 and I think 4 for the 2nd one. 2 of us were on save floor, not sure of the 3rd couple.

Think you misunderstood my question. I was asking about the towel animals that they make up for you as a "surprise" at night in your room (i.e. they shape the towels into animals). I always found it a nice touch, but they seemed to cut back this past cruise so was curious if that's overall, or just us.

Edited by LuCruise

Curious, for those that have been on Royal ship recently, what ship were you on and did you get towel animals every night? We only had them a few nights and am curious if they cut back overall, or if they cut back just on our ship (Allure) or just for our stateroom level (promenade).

3 times on a 7 day. I don't need nor want them every night and in fact usually dismantle them as soon as the obligatory picture is taken.

4 out of 8 nights so far on the Anthem. I have to confess that we really like them. And I totally understand why they don't do them the first night! Amazing enough they get all the rooms turned over by one o'click

Two or three times a week, unless we request no towel animals, in which case we get one every night.

Too funny...we were hoping to ask the steward to skip the towel animals if we could just get wine glasses and ice daily....we would tip much better for those.!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Too funny...we were hoping to ask the steward to skip the towel animals if we could just get wine glasses and ice daily....we would tip much better for those.!

I've learned from experience that when you ask for no towel animals, it's like a challenge for them to come up with something they think you have never seen. So it ends up making more work for them, exactly the opposite of what I intended.

I actually asked our steward about this last year. Our first cruise in 2009 we got one every night and we were (and when I say we, I mean my DW) so excited to see the darn thing when we retired each evening. The answer I got made PERFECT sense. Most cabins residents do not actually use the towel and it either stays in form or is immediately tossed on the floor creating an enormous amount of unnecessary laundry. If you really like them, a nice tip on embarkation day and a promise to use the towels may get you one every night.

I *think* I got a couple last summer on Radiance in Alaska, but honestly I couldn't tell you.

TBH, I don't give a rat's patootie about if my cabin steward can fold towels into animals. I'd rather they take the time to ensure that the cabin is cleaned and so forth.

(Though I do know of at least one case (BEFORE the crew member attacked the woman on HAL - and this story didn't even happen on HAL) where a towel monkey resulted in a call to guest services to have security come up to the cabin in question as "There is someone else in my cabin!!" The security guard dispatched had a hard time keeping a straight face when he turned on the light and saw what it was. Yep - the woman hadn't even bothered to turn on the light. AND it was a towel monkey. So I guess they can be good for funny stories at least.)

We were on the Brilliance in March and we brought a towel animal book with us. Each day we would leave one for the Room Steward and each night he made one for us (some REALLY cool ones too). So my point is i am sure if you want one each night, then they will make one for you.

(Though I do know of at least one case (BEFORE the crew member attacked the woman on HAL - and this story didn't even happen on HAL) where a towel monkey resulted in a call to guest services to have security come up to the cabin in question as "There is someone else in my cabin!!" The security guard dispatched had a hard time keeping a straight face when he turned on the light and saw what it was. Yep - the woman hadn't even bothered to turn on the light. AND it was a towel monkey. So I guess they can be good for funny stories at least.)

That's hilarious :D

Think you misunderstood my question. I was asking about the towel animals that they make up for you as a "surprise" at night in your room (i.e. they shape the towels into animals). I always found it a nice touch, but they seemed to cut back this past cruise so was curious if that's overall, or just us.

We're talking about towel animals in our rooms right? We had it twice, same as our tablemates out of a 5 nighter. And yes they did cut back, not that it affects our cruise, but it as an every night surprise after dinner when you got back to your room

Edited by sammee
added to post