We got the "call" :)

bhughey

We received "the call" from captain's club concierge offering the opportunity to upgrade to either a Celebrity Suite or Royal Suite for a "reduced fee" on our upcoming cruise to Alaska. Incidentally, our traveling companions (who are elite plus, we are elite) received the call first, but declined because that would mean we would be in separate dining areas - so when they called us, we booked the CS and our friends were able to get the RS! As if we weren't already excited enough! Plus the ship sails on my birthday, so Happy Celebrity Suite Birthday to me!

Wow...congratulations[emoji779]️we are elite, but our ship is sold out and has been. When do you sail? [emoji512]

Happy Birthday too...enjoy. We sail on the 20th of May.

Edited by Lastdance

We received "the call" from captain's club concierge offering the opportunity to upgrade to either a Celebrity Suite or Royal Suite for a "reduced fee" on our upcoming cruise to Alaska. Incidentally, our traveling companions (who are elite plus, we are elite) received the call first, but declined because that would mean we would be in separate dining areas - so when they called us, we booked the CS and our friends were able to get the RS! As if we weren't already excited enough! Plus the ship sails on my birthday, so Happy Celebrity Suite Birthday to me!

Nice!!!

Did you book direct with X or with a TA?

Congratulations on upgrade and upcoming birthday!

Wow...congratulations[emoji779]️we are elite, but our ship is sold out and has been. When do you sail? [emoji512]

Happy Birthday too...enjoy. We sail on the 20th of May.

We sail on the 20th as well!

Congrats! Thanks for sharing the great news. Glad to hear this does work.:)

Would you mind telling us which category you were originally booked in?

We were both originally booked in Aqua class and both booked direct with Celebrity.

We sail on the 20th as well!

I see that you are on the Solstice. We are on the Millie. I believe you gave me some great advice about window washing equipment on M class ships, due to the fact that you had researched that extensively. Thanks again for that. I would much rather be on a S class ship, but we are going to Anchorage and further north before the cruise.

Thanks for sharing that you booked directly with Celebrity, so I assume you did not send your booking to a TA. We also snagged an S1, corner aft last year, but they didn't call me; I had my TA snag it for me due to it being online as a specific numbered suite. Our upset for two was $300 from a C2, deck 10, on the hump. I love the corner aft and have booked it on my next cruise...just a warning...HAHAHA!

Edited by Lastdance

I see that you are on the Solstice. We are on the Millie. I believe you gave me some great advice about window washing equipment on M class ships, due to the fact that you had researched that extensively. Thanks again for that. I would much rather be on a S class ship, but we are going to Anchorage and further north before the cruise.

Thanks for sharing that you booked directly with Celebrity, so I assume you did not send your booking to a TA. We also snagged an S1 corner aft, but they didn't call me; I had my TA snag it for me due to it being online as a specific numbered suite. Our upsell for two was $300 from a C2. I love the corner aft and have booked it on my next cruise...just a warning...HAHAHA!

No corner S1 afts on M class ships? Do you mean on another ship?

Thanks for sharing that you booked directly with Celebrity, so I assume you did not send your booking to a TA. We also snagged an S1 corner aft, but they didn't call me; I had my TA snag it for me due to it being online as a specific numbered suite. Our upset for two was $300 from a C2, deck 10, on the hump. I love the corner aft and have booked it on my next cruise...just a warning...HAHAHA!

Yes, that was me with all the window washing research! ;)

Fantastic score on the S1! Prime real estate! Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by bhughey

No corner S1 afts on M class ships? Do you mean on another ship?

My next cruise is to Norway. I had an S1 last year in the Med, on the Equinox, and the views were to die for from Rome to Barcelona.

Edited by Lastdance

My next cruise is to Norway. I had an S1 last year in the Med, on the Equinox, and the views were to die for from Rome to Barcelona.

Sorry, you mentioned Millie being your next cruise and that doesn't have any S1 aft corner cabins - that's where the confusion came ;).

We sail in just over a month. Even though I know the odds are slim, I still get excited every time my cell phone rings from an unknown number.

Of course the excitement quickly fades once I start hearing the robocall message :mad:

Still time to hope, - there are plenty of suites left on our sailing. And if not, I'll be happy in our C2.

Congratulations on your score!

Mike

Edited by mandream

Congratulations and enjoy! What a wonderful surprise.

We are a family of five, so no hopes of this happening to us unfortunately since it's highly unlikely there'd be a suite available right next to another room, and I don't believe any of the suites can accommodate five people.

Very exciting, though! I love to read about stuff like this. So happy for you! And happy for the people who might be last-minute book-ers and are able to snag your old cabin, too.

Congrats.

Please share some $$ figures. I guess you could at least give us some kind of rough numbers if you don't want to be specific (I don't know if some people don't want to share exact numbers...I would, but others might not??)

Thanks if you can.

Congrats.

Please share some $$ figures. I guess you could at least give us some kind of rough numbers if you don't want to be specific (I don't know if some people don't want to share exact numbers...I would, but others might not??)

Thanks if you can.

Yes, I would like to know how much they charged you to go from AQ to CS and AQ to RS.

Congratulations!! This is one reason I book direct with X....we were once upgraded from CS to RS at no charge..... approximately how much was the difference in the cost, if you don't mind saying...if you do, no problem....have a wonderful cruise!!!:)

Congratulations!! This is one reason I book direct with X....we were once upgraded from CS to RS at no charge..... approximately how much was the difference in the cost, if you don't mind saying...if you do, no problem....have a wonderful cruise!!!:)

I don't mind... and I presume it's different for each itinerary and your original booking price, though I don't know this for certain - I presume the line has some sort of algorithm. It was $1050 to go to Celebrity Suite and $2050 for RS. I'll add that this seems to be in line with the roll out of the "upgrade for a fee" program that was announced at the end of 2015. Upgrade fairy comes with a price-tag now I suppose. ;)

Edited by bhughey

I don't mind... and I presume it's different for each itinerary and your original booking price, though I don't know this for certain - I presume the line has some sort of algorithm. It was $1050 to go to Celebrity Suite and $2050 for RS. I'll add that this seems to be in line with the roll out of the "upgrade for a fee" program that was announced at the end of 2015. Upgrade fairy comes with a price-tag now I suppose. ;)

Thanks for info...I haven't heard of many "upgrade for a fee's" yet, so was curious to how much it actually was!

Have a great cruise.

I would call that an up-sell not an upgrade

J.