Why no potato chips on cruise

Coopdog08

Carnival also serves popcorn with their Dive In movies. It is unsalted and unbuttered but they do have a salt shaker on the bar where it's served so you can salt your own.

That's good to know. I'll try some out in 8 days.:p

On our last cruise on the Splendor we went looking for chips/snacks in the gift shop and they didn't have any. :(

We were on the Splendor in April and they had Pringles, we paid $4 or 5 bucks a can. :eek::eek::eek::eek: They also had peanuts you could get at the Dollar Tree for a buck priced at $4 a can.

Carnival has them on the room service menu as a side with a sandwich. I had some, they were good not stale at all.

Yep, and I bet they come straight out of a sealed container last thing on the plate.

One night Mrs Gut had the munchies, we asked RS for some, a plate full arrived. Crisp and crunchy.

Pringles are always available in the Fun Shops for a reasonable $5.50 a can. :)

At least they confine them to the gift shop. On Celebrity, we had a short can of pringles, a clear plastic box with two small packs of m&m's and a clear plastic box with some fun size snickers should up on our desk.

Of course - to the side there was a card explaining that should you enjoy these snacks, there will be a $5 charge PER ITEM plus gratuity.

It was funny to see a woman rushing down the hall and banging on another cabin's door, yelling "those snacks are not free! do not eat those snacks! For God's sake - DO NOT EAT THOSE SNACKS!"

Take a Princess cruise, they serve popcorn every night at Movies Under the Stars. DH always brings me back a couple of bags of fresh popped corn.:D

Also hot cookies!😊

I no longer see carnival from my condo front porch :(

You can also get a basket of tortilla chips from the burrito station on Lido. They have several salsa's you can try too. Just have to ask for them, as they are not out otherwise.

dctravel

On any cruise on which I have sailed, potato chips have been available. Often, I am asked when I have a sandwich made if I could like some and I always decline. When I see them being a side item on a MDR lunch menu, I think: why could something a bit more creative have been offered?

We like chips also with our burgers/deli sandwiches. I'll probably get bashed for the, as some people believe it's a crime to take food from home. We buy Lays Stackable chips from our local Dollar Tree. Pack them n our luggage and enjoy fresh chips when ever we want. For a $1.00 a container it's a bargain. Picked ours up today. 12 days till we board the Magic!!

If you mean like out at the bars and such, I always see they are concerned with all the dirty hands reaching in.

And although I never think of potato chips or junk food when on board, threads like this always have my mouth watering and heading to the pantry to open a bag.

This, LOL I am very OCD about cleanliness, but My "CRACK LIKE ADDICTION" for potato chips leyt me eat every chip in sight................ :D I can't imagine how much weight I would gain if chips were readily available.

Edited by uncleg

Not an issue for us! I always take a bag on with us full of snacks. Pretzels, goldfish, crackers, chocolate for my hubby, etc. Just some good ole' snacks that we keep in our cabin in case we get that craving. :D