First Cruise With Celebrity...

heatherRN53

We have booked our first cruise with Celebrity and in fact our first cruise ever. Very excited. To celebrate we booked an SV Cabin on Vista Deck 8346. Hope its a good choice. We are sailing on April 9th/17 on Celebrity Silhouette!!:):)

A great choice of both cruise line and ship. The Silhouette is our favorite ship in the whole fleet.

Watching the wake is mesmerizing and I'm sure you will enjoy your SV cabin. The Lawn Club Grill is fabulous and worth a visit. You may even get a discount just for asking if they are not too booked up.

Here is the roll call for your cruise where you can get to know your new friends long before you sail.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2306967

Welcome to Celebrity forum.

Part of a good vacation is the planning phase.

My first cruise was on a Celebrity ship and I will be going on my seventh Celebrity cruise next month.

We have sailed Celebrity 4 times and just booked #5 Alaska and #6 Caribbean last month while transiting the Panama Canal. Don't know your expectations but we love Celebrity. Have been on Solstice x2 and Reflection, both sisters to Silhouette, and our Caribbean will be on on Silhouette. Infinity through the Canal was nice too, but we do prefer the S class ships. Enjoy[emoji6]

We are a couple in our mid-fifties. We are looking for a peaceful vacation, minus the water slides, climbing walls, ect with good food, great wine and wonderful ports and service.

It looks like you've chosen the perfect fit for your first cruise.

Also in mid-50's and sailed with Celebrity for the first time in March. Loved it, and booked two more while on board for 2017.

It's easy to become addicted. Enjoy your cruise!

Well you chose well. We're early 60s and don't need an amusement park on board either. If I want that I'll take my grandkids to Disney World!

In Aug. 2001 we took our first cruise ever and a local TA asked us some questions as to what we liked, etc. She suggested we sail Celebrity. 13 cruises later, most of them 14 nights, we still haven't cruised another line. It's just a perfect fit for us.

Be sure you're signed up as a Captain's Club member. Each cruise you'll earn loyalty points, based on number of nights and cabin selected. In other words, if you sail 7 nights in an inside cabin you'll get fewer points than if you sail in a high-end suite for two weeks. It's a good system. As you go up the tier your perks will increase.

Be sure to start conversing with your upcoming fellow passengers on your Roll Call. We've found it's the best way to get some independent excursions that are most often better than the ones the ship sells.

Have a wonderful time. I can predict this will be the first of many. We took our first with our two college aged daughters coinciding with our 25th anniversary, thinking it might be a one-and-done, and here we are with cruises 14 and 15 upcoming!

We also love Celebrity and took our first 2 cruises with them in the early 90's. Then a hiatus to cruise other lines for personal comparison and tried several of the competition. We returned to Celebrity in 2012 and aside from planning a small boat river cruise, see no reason to depart from Celebrity. The ships, the ports, the cabins, the staff, the food, our fellow cruisers...love it all!! Celebrity has worked hard to create a wonderful and memorable cruising experience for each guest and they have accomplished this quite well!!

We are looking forward to our first Celebrity cruise, too. Our kids love to travel and do well when the best behavior is expected of them. They might miss some of the features of the other ships we have sailed on, but I know they'll appreciate what Celebrity has to offer. And they'll have Alaska to distract them!

Hope you enjoy your cruise.

To celebrate we booked an SV Cabin on Vista Deck 8346. Hope its a good choice. We are sailing on April 9th/17 on Celebrity Silhouette!!:):)

Congratulations! I just know you will have a wonderful time! :D

One note about your 8346 cabin - we have also booked an SV on the Silhouette (December), and in studying all the info I could find before booking it seems that some of the cabins in the center stack have somewhat larger balconies. This is not mentioned on the deck plans, but from reviews from other posters who booked these staterooms, and is also obvious looking at aft photos.

We booked SV 7366, and as you can see in this picture of the Reflection (but same on Silhouette), the balcony of 7366 is larger when compared to 7364 next door. 6314 directly below, and 8348 directly above 7366, would be the same - larger balcony size - as 7366.

290x2xs.jpg

JMO if you're interested in 8348 at all, you probably should switch soon as I noticed on my sailing these particular SV cabins with larger balconies were popular :)

We have booked our first cruise with Celebrity and in fact our first cruise ever. Very excited. To celebrate we booked an SV Cabin on Vista Deck 8346. Hope its a good choice. We are sailing on April 9th/17 on Celebrity Silhouette!!:):)

The first cruise is very, very special. Since you chose Celebrity, you must have done your research...Enjoy:):)

We booked the cruise right after yours starting on April16th,2017. We took our first celebrity cruise in February and loved it. We read all of the reviews and found none to be true at least as far as our cruise went.

Celebrity as far as we feel is our favorite. Great staff, food was very good, room attendants very accommodating. Not a complaint by us.

We've been on Princess, HAL,RCL.

Enjoy your cruise! You will love it.

I tried when I booked to get 8348 but it was already taken.

If you're still interested in that cabin you might check again tomorrow, because I just checked the date you listed in your post (sailing April 9, 2017) and it's showing as available right now on 3 different TA sites (wish I could give you the TA names, but Cruise Critic won't let us list those).

You can just call whoever you booked with and ask them to change you over to that stateroom, no problem.

It could be that someone else had it on a courtesy hold when you tried and then they didn't take it and it got put back into inventory.

You will have a great cruise anyway, just trying to help a first timer :D

We are a couple in our mid-fifties. We are looking for a peaceful vacation, minus the water slides, climbing walls, ect with good food, great wine and wonderful ports and service.

Been on quite a few Cel boat trips and found the food to be very good to fantastic. The wine choices have been eroded particularly the sauv blancs. Not a great choice of ports [emoji33]. The service always been great

Been on quite a few Cel boat trips and found the food to be very good to fantastic. The wine choices have been eroded particularly the sauv blancs. Not a great choice of ports [emoji33]. The service always been great

I believe poster meant great ports to visit...not drink!! Both are good

I am on the cruise before you! Very excited. DH does not even know. It is a Christmas gift

I booked cabin 6157. It is an angled balcony I believe.

Edited by janetz

I am on the cruise before you! Very excited. DH does not even know. It is a Christmas gift

I booked cabin 6157. It is an angled balcony I believe.

Wow it's a LARGE angled balcony!

I thought you might like to see this previously posted picture of 6160 (starboard side/same as 6159 on port side), because it shows how much larger the balcony next door is (the one with the lady in the chair).

That larger balcony next door to 6160 in the picture would be 6158, which corresponds to your 6157 on the port side. So YOU will be the one enjoying the big balcony:

2885v1v.jpg

Merry Christmas! Great idea for a present, why didn't I think of that - married 40+ years, think of all the Christmas cruise-presents I could have had, er, I mean, given my husband LOL :)

Wow it's a LARGE angled balcony!

I thought you might like to see this previously posted picture of 6160 (starboard side/same as 6159 on port side), because it shows how much larger the balcony next door is (the one with the lady in the chair).

That larger balcony next door to 6160 in the picture would be 6158, which corresponds to your 6157 on the port side. So YOU will be the one enjoying the big balcony:

2885v1v.jpg

Merry Christmas! Great idea for a present, why didn't I think of that - married 40+ years, think of all the Christmas cruise-presents I could have had, er, I mean, given my husband LOL :)

Wow thanks so much for the picture! It will be a very nice gift if I can keep my mouth shut...:p