Do You Tip Extra in Blu?

ChucktownSteve

We have an upcoming AQ cruise that includes Blu. Do you tip extra? Who do you tip and how much? (position not name) Please mention if you're referring to a 7 night or 14 night cruise.

I was wondering if there is an amount that would be insulting to the recipient?

Thank you in advance for your opinion.

P.S. UK cruisers, we already know a lot of you feel they're just doing their job and shouldn't be tipped extra. ;)

Edited by ChucktownSteve

We do tip extra.

The service is so wonderful. We tipped the hostess, several waiters and their assistants. I think we gave each person $20.00

I do believe that any amount would be most welcome.

We have an upcoming AQ cruise that includes Blu. Do you tip extra? Who do you tip and how much? (position not name)

I was wondering if there is an amount that would be insulting to the recipient?

Thank you in advance for your opinion.

You will often have different waiters/assistant waiters and we have been told that all extra tips are turned in and pooled. So we will give the MaitreD an envelop with a thank you note for the Blu staff and any extra tip we feel appropriate.

You will often have different waiters/assistant waiters and we have been told that all extra tips are turned in and pooled. So we will give the MaitreD an envelop with a thank you note for the Blu staff and any extra tip we feel appropriate.

We did this our 1st time in Luminae when we had different servers throughout the cruise. The 2nd time we had the same team every time we dined so tipped them individually.

We do tip extra.

The service is so wonderful. We tipped the hostess, several waiters and their assistants. I think we gave each person $20.00

I do believe that any amount would be most welcome.

and sommelier..we try to get same area, servers and somelier..20/25 pp is about what we give esp since not sure if they keep the cash or pool it.. this is 7 days..a bit more for longer

Edited by hcat

I understand. My question wasn't whether to but more to get a consensus of what amounts various people do.

We usually tip our primary waiter an additional $20-$30 and $10-$15 for his assistant.

I think we've given the maitre 'd an envelope with $100 to split or do as she felt right. They have their system, they know how to do it, so we never worry about who gets what.

When we tip a room steward and a butler, or the sommelier in Luminae, or someone else, we don't worry about who splits what or not.

In Blu you could be seated at any of the 4-5 waiter stations over a 7-night cruise. In that case, I wouldn't feel the need to tip any extra. On 14-night cruise in Blu, if we asked for the same section of a particular waiter each night, then we would tip both the waiter & asst extra.

We have dined in BLU in all our completed cruises.

We generally give 50 dollars to the Maitre D & sometimes even to their assistant.This would also apply to the sommelier who would generally serve our table. However, on our last cruise to Alaska we received better service from the other sommelier who we saw less often so we tipped him.

We would always look after our waiters & assistants but would reward those who we felt gave us the best service & were the best at making us feeling special & at home on our cruise.

We would reward them accordingly but it would always be a minimum of 20 dollars each.

Geraldine & Joe

On our recent 14 night we were in Blu and had the same wait staff for 11 of the nights we ate in there.

We tipped extra to the Waiter ($50) who was great and his assistant ($25) and also to the Sommelier ($25) he was very nice and remembered what wine we enjoyed and gave advice on others when we asked for suggestions.

We are UK cruisers and usually tip extra at the end of the cruise to the Cabin attendance and wait staff. When not in Blu (or on X) we are always MTD but as we usually eat at the same time we get the same staff and I think there was only one cruise when we didn't tip extra but the service was not great and we changed tables/waiters nightly.