Decisions, Decisions

I'm also posting this on NCL thread so I can get opinions there too.

Can't decide whether to go on Anthem of the Seas to Bahamas or Norwegian

Gem to Canada Nova Scotia. Prices will come out to about the same. Both leaving out of NY/NJ, the area I'm from.

Here's my dilemma.

I've been to Bahamas several times and don't care for it, like CocoCay and Port Canaveral. Mainly this cruise would be for the ship experience itself being a fairly new and state of the art ship. (I love Royal Caribbean).

I've never been to Canada/Nova Scotia. So while the ship NCL Gem is older and small the itinerary is new to me.

So do I want to go on a newer ship (Allure) to places I've been or on NCL Gem an older ship to places I haven't been before

Which would you pick. The ship experience or the itinerary.

I go for the ports because I like to travel and visit new places. I like to "collect" all the places I've been, so my vote is to go on the ship that takes you to where you've never been. But that's what I'd do.

I think you should decide what you want out of your vacation. Do you want to take a trip to relax and enjoy a no-hassle, unpack your bags, eat and be entertained in one spot vacation, or do you want to go outside and have adventures, see new places and then be able to come back to one spot where you know there's food, shelter and entertainment for the evening while you wait for the next adventure? They're two very different vacations and you have to decide which one you'll enhoy most on your next trip.

Head to Nova Scotia!

I no longer live there, but I return regularly because it's a wonderful area. Last year we took a Canada/New England cruise (HAL) and loved every minute.

While I love sea days and enjoying a ship, cruising is still about itineraries for me, and with a cruise to Nova Scotia you'll have a chance to enjoy both.

I for one prefer warm, beach cruises. Definitely not the case on a Canadian cruise. Obviously the anthem is notably newer and will provide many more things to do.

I'm more of a ship guy than a port guy.

WHEN are you going? I don't like the Bahamas, either, so I'd pick a cruise that went to the Caribbean! Bahamas are in the Atlantic. I like HOT weather vacations! Nova Scotia...not my idea of a vacation!

We have cruised to Canada/New England twice on RC ships and enjoyed both cruises. It is very different from a warm weather cruise but still very enjoyable.

Did you check Anthem cruises to New England? That would give you a new ship and a new itinerary.

Enjoy whatever you choose.

I always thought of cruising as a hot weather/beach trip.

The last place I would think of going on a cruise is New England/Canada.

I think the inlaws did one recently and they said the average age was 75.

I would fly to Fl and go to a more tropical destination......

I always thought of cruising as a hot weather/beach trip.

The last place I would think of going on a cruise is New England/Canada.

I think the inlaws did one recently and they said the average age was 75.

I would fly to Fl and go to a more tropical destination......

Fortunately, cruise lines have found Alaskan and Canada/New England cruises have a very strong following. While we cruise in hot climes at least once a year, we enjoy having other North American options.

I'm also posting this on NCL thread so I can get opinions there too.

Can't decide whether to go on Anthem of the Seas to Bahamas or Norwegian

Gem to Canada Nova Scotia. Prices will come out to about the same. Both leaving out of NY/NJ, the area I'm from.

Here's my dilemma.

I've been to Bahamas several times and don't care for it, like CocoCay and Port Canaveral. Mainly this cruise would be for the ship experience itself being a fairly new and state of the art ship. (I love Royal Caribbean).

I've never been to Canada/Nova Scotia. So while the ship NCL Gem is older and small the itinerary is new to me.

So do I want to go on a newer ship (Allure) to places I've been or on NCL Gem an older ship to places I haven't been before

Which would you pick. The ship experience or the itinerary.

I'd scrub both those itinerary's and take the Breakaway to Bermuda :)

So many different opinions here. I'm going to Bermuda in September as someone suggested so that is already booked on the Breakaway. I'm just planning for my next one after Bermuda.

As far as the Caribbean, been there 12 times and to every island that I'm getting tired of it because its come to repeating where I have been already in the Caribbean. Last year I went to Alaska which I loved. That's why Nova Scotia/Maine was a thought. But then again, the Anthem sounds so nice and I loved the Allure. :confused:

The Anthem sails to New England and Canada in early September, You could "have your cake and eat it to" if you join us on the 9 night cruise sailing September 8, 2016. Ooooops, didn't see your last post where you state that you already have a September cruise. Sorry!

Edited by ridgecrest

You have been given lots of good thoughts to think about. I will add my two cents. I just got off the gem. It is an older ship, but has been refurbished and looks great. I love the fact that the ship is not too big and not too small. Both Royal and NCL are great cruise lines. You can only decide which is right for you. Ask yourself the following

1. Warm weather or cold?

2. bigger or smaller ship

3. ports or ship?

I would take the Anthem on October 12, 2017. It sounds to me that you are looking for a cruise for next year since you already have one booked for this September. The itinerary going north, is great for fall foliage, right now the price is not too bad and kids are back in school. :) Good luck in what ever decision you make. I am like you....we love the newer, larger ships. :D

Edited by champagne123
dddd