Luggage Valet

I am cruising June 12 on Allure and wondering if anyone could share their experience using luggage valet. Upon our return our flight is not until 3:30pm so I think this would be a good option for us and allow us more time in FLL without dragging luggage.

Thanks for any information.

We got off the Allure on the 22nd and our flight was at 1:30pm and we used the luggage valet program

. The luggage valet program is very effective and I recommend it. We had no issues.

Loved-Loved-Loved it. Plan to use it every cruise when flying home if available. Was not available in San Juan, which was disappointing as DW was on a knee scooter after foot surgery, and that would have helped immensely.

Our experience with it has been very positive. Put luggage out the night before, and it shows up on the baggage carousel at home. No searching for bags in the disembarking mosh pit, no lugging, weighing, checking bags at the Airport hassles. Just ease through customs with a few carry-ons, and catch a ride to the airport.

I thought about using it on Oasis last week but didn't because of the thought of our bags being lost and it being possibly difficult to track them.

The cost from my wife and me would have been $40 total. I ended up using a porter to take our luggage to the taxi when getting off Oasis and gave a $25 tip and then did curbside Checkin at the airport for another $8 tip, so, haha, I ended paying almost as much taking our own bags.

Is this typically available on European itineraries as well? (Flying Delta)

Also, if you have free bags because of Business Class or any other reason, do you indicate that when you sign up?

Here is where Luggage Valet is currently available:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=luggage_valet_service

If you have business class or some other situation (special credit card) that allows you to get free bags, it is handled on the luggage valet sign up form.

Here is where Luggage Valet is currently available:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=luggage_valet_service

If you have business class or some other situation (special credit card) that allows you to get free bags, it is handled on the luggage valet sign up form.

Thanks.

*sigh* Nothing international. Oh well. I'll have plenty of time at the airport.

I am cruising June 12 on Allure and wondering if anyone could share their experience using luggage valet. Upon our return our flight is not until 3:30pm so I think this would be a good option for us and allow us more time in FLL without dragging luggage.

Thanks for any information.

Very positive experience especially for late flights. Sometimes there's a 3 or 4 hour luggage check-in restriction on Sundays at FLL because the terminal is swamped. We head our luggageless selves up to American Social on Las Olas for brunch and then head to the airport from there. Usually the security lines are cut down by then.

I thought about using it on Oasis last week but didn't because of the thought of our bags being lost and it being possibly difficult to track them.

I originally had the same fear, but it really only adds one step in the process, and it seems very well handled. You get baggage claim slips from the airline before you leave the ship, so there is the same tracking available as regular flying (which I know is sketchy). In all honesty, I've had and heard more about lost luggage in the big port departure area where guests take other peoples bags. The valet process sets your bags aside and keeps them out of the 'big-random-pile-O-luggage'. To me it seems no more likely that the airline will lose it in the valet process than if you personally hand it to them.

I originally had the same fear, but it really only adds one step in the process, and it seems very well handled. You get baggage claim slips from the airline before you leave the ship, so there is the same tracking available as regular flying (which I know is sketchy). In all honesty, I've had and heard more about lost luggage in the big port departure area where guests take other peoples bags. The valet process sets your bags aside and keeps them out of the 'big-random-pile-O-luggage'. To me it seems no more likely that the airline will lose it in the valet process than if you personally hand it to them.

I hear you Doug and understand. On a previous luggage valet thread someone posted about having their luggage lost and they said they had nothing to track their bags with and it turned into a nightmare. I can't remember if they got their bags back or not. That was the one little thing sticking in the back of my mind and why I didn't use luggage valet. Chances of this happening are minimal I'm sure.

I hear you Doug and understand. On a previous luggage valet thread someone posted about having their luggage lost and they said they had nothing to track their bags with and it turned into a nightmare. I can't remember if they got their bags back or not. That was the one little thing sticking in the back of my mind and why I didn't use luggage valet. Chances of this happening are minimal I'm sure.

Highly recommend the luggage valet program. Have used it for several years and never had a problem.

Previous poster mentioned carrying off baggage, getting a porter, etc. Many people use luggage valet because they don't want to handle their bags; or possibly are unable to handle their bags. Whatever the reason, luggage valet is great.

The posters who say they don't have tracking information are not reading the letter that accompanies your boarding passes. You receive a plain white envelope in your cabin, which confirms the program and has your printed boarding passes. Your luggage tag, kind of like UPC, is either printed on the letter or enclosed. No different than if you checked in at the airport.

Can't say enough good about it. Just make sure you don't miss the deadline to sign up. My DS missed it by 20 minutes and they wouldn't take his form.

DW and I will be using it in October. However, I am bummed because I booked the DS, DIL, and GD's on Virgin America and they don't participate.

As for not having anything to track lost luggage, you get the luggage tag from your airlines just like if you checked in at the airport. I recall the tag numbers were printed on something you keep. Not sure if they are on your boarding pass or not.

Have used the valet service several times. It has worked well each time. We were docking in Fort Lauderdale and going to FLL. I am hoping that with an 11:45 am flight out of FLL that we can use it again. So far love this service!

Ah. That explains it. My first 2 suite experiences are upcoming on the Allure and Harmony. It doesn't seem that this is included in the Royal Suite Class,just the old enhanced programme.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Ah. That explains it. My first 2 suite experiences are upcoming on the Allure and Harmony. It doesn't seem that this is included in the Royal Suite Class,just the old enhanced programme.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I'd be surprised if they don't include it as a Royal Suite Class perk. We've used it on Oasis and Allure in the past. Maybe someone will chime in that has already sailed the Suite Class and used it.

Edited by Big_G

Have used the valet service several times. It has worked well each time. We were docking in Fort Lauderdale and going to FLL. I am hoping that with an 11:45 am flight out of FLL that we can use it again. So far love this service!

I believe the flights need to be after 11:30 am, so you should be good.