Royal Caribbean Orders 5th Oasis Class ship

I'm about to move on from Royal. It seems they've moved on from me. When with the kids, we'll probably stick with them, but when it's just DW and me, I think it's time to give Celebrity a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't forget to put in a solarium pool RCL:D

I think the entire solarium has to be reconfigured....when we were on Allure, it was a blooming 'hot house' during the day.....just not enjoyable.....and my DH loves the solarium on most ships, while I do prefer the sun in the regular pools.....it felt more like being a plant in a terrarium, burning up and wilting than relaxing. DH probably spent 30 minutes in there over an entire week long sailing, so uncharacteristic of him.

I'm about to move on from Royal. It seems they've moved on from me. When with the kids, we'll probably stick with them, but when it's just DW and me, I think it's time to give Celebrity a try.

Sorry to hear that. ;)

I guess you don't like large ships?

I'm still holding out hope that a new smaller class of ship is announced to eventually replace the Vision Class.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

I think the entire solarium has to be reconfigured....when we were on Allure, it was a blooming 'hot house' during the day.....just not enjoyable.....and my DH loves the solarium on most ships, while I do prefer the sun in the regular pools.....it felt more like being a plant in a terrarium, burning up and wilting than relaxing. DH probably spent 30 minutes in there over an entire week long sailing, so uncharacteristic of him.

The Harmony solarium is designed to be cooler. And everyone hated the old pool anyway. Plus hot tubs are always more crowded as well. ;)

I think it's interesting that assuming the fifth Oasis class ship is the final one, the difference between the first and last vessel is 12 years. (I can't think of a another example of this happening.) That seems like a long time, particularly considering how other cruise lines are trying to innovate, but I suppose ships can't really get any bigger. While the class will be the same, I'm curious as to what changes will be made for Oasis IV and V.

Derek

I think it's interesting that assuming the fifth Oasis class ship is the final one, the difference between the first and last vessel is 12 years. (I can't think of a another example of this happening.) That seems like a long time, particularly considering how other cruise lines are trying to innovate, but I suppose ships can't really get any bigger. While the class will be the same, I'm curious as to what changes will be made for Oasis IV and V.

Derek

This was my thought at first, but I've since adjusted to the idea.

Oasis Class was, and still is, truly revolutionary. No other line has built anything like them, nor do they have any plans to. If Royal puts new and exciting smaller features on the ships (i.e. Bionic Bar, Wonderland, and waterslides on Harmony), the overall design won't go out of style. The neighborhood concept must be hugely successful in Royal's eyes.

Oasis Class is amazing in my eyes, and I don't see them going of style for a very long time. I guess Royal agrees with me.

I was hoping Oasis prices would be in line with Freedom prices once she moved to PC. Boy, was that wishful thinking! I WILL be on an Oasis class ship one day. It may just take a few more years. ;)

Keep watching, they've been coming down slowly since they were released. I've had a couple of orice drops on my 2018 cruise already.

The Harmony solarium is designed to be cooler. And everyone hated the old pool anyway. Plus hot tubs are always more crowded as well. ;)

From some of what can be read in another thread about first short Harmony cruise pre-inauguaral.....it seems like the solarium is a big disapointment.

I just keep thinking three relatively large hot tubs giving off 'hot water vapors' in a glassed in enclosure....still doesn't sound like much of an improvement....those water sprays/misters coming from 'leafs' doesn't sound nice to me, either. Kids may love to run through sprinklers, just not I.

I will see for myself next February.

I was hoping Oasis prices would be in line with Freedom prices once she moved to PC. Boy, was that wishful thinking! I WILL be on an Oasis class ship one day. It may just take a few more years. ;)

FWIW, the Oasis fall 2017 prices for a JS are cheaper than fall 2016 Freedom

From some of what can be read in another thread about first short Harmony cruise pre-inauguaral.....it seems like the solarium is a big disapointment.

I just keep thinking three relatively large hot tubs giving off 'hot water vapors' in a glassed in enclosure....still doesn't sound like much of an improvement....those water sprays/misters coming from 'leafs' doesn't sound nice to me, either. Kids may love to run through sprinklers, just not I.

I will see for myself next February.

Kids not allowed in solarium. Just curious, which would you prefer, slides or a tiny solarium pool

You are doing exactly as they want you to do as Royal continues to change to a fleet of large ships where it's all about the ship and not about the ports.

Instead of trying to be everything to everyone Royal will continue to focus their efforts on attracting the families and first time younger cruisers leaving Celebrity and Azamara to pick up those who wish to cruise like it was years ago.

Sounds like a pretty good business strategy to me.

Kids not allowed in solarium. Just curious, which would you prefer, slides or a tiny solarium pool

I know kids are not allowed in the solarium, and I don't want to walk through those misters to cool off.

I will be found at the slides....from photos I have seen, my DH will know exactly where to find my lounge chair with my towel and bag for me to sit down between water slide rides. That is what this grown up kid will be doing alot.

Shocked Royal can handle this kind of capacity! This announcement definitely solidifies the fact that more ships with be Asia bound. I could see this ship working in cool weather environments if they can come up with some kind of retractable roof for Central Park.

I would absolutely love for them to go back and build a new Freedom or Voyager class ship, but design it with all the modern touches like on Quantum class!

After watching the Impossible Engineering show on Harmony and hearing it can hold 9000 people. There's no way you will find me on it.

I've never been interested in the Oasis class due to size. So I'm with those wishing for something smaller.

Im thinking one of the older Oasis class ships might be coming to Galveston ;)

Galveston would have to accomplish major improvements to the traffic flow to handle 12000 passengers leaving and arriving.

I would think Oasis 4 would go on the 7nt East/West milk runs from FLL and the Allure will be put on the 6/8 nt or 5/9 nt rotations fall-spring and summer in the med. Oasis 5 might head down under and to SE Asia.

I think Quantum 4 has a strong chance of being UK based year round. It's really perfectly suited to the weather conditions. Plus our UK cruising friends deserve a year round ship :D

Thank you very much. I agree!

Im thinking one of the older Oasis class ships might be coming to Galveston ;)

I did a TA from Barcelona to Galveston on Navigator a few years back and customs could not handle that many people. Both passengers and crew had to go through customs and calling it a zoo is being nice. The next cruise was late leaving because they couldn't get the passengers off the ship.

Cruise lines apparently don't like the Bayport terminal because it takes the ships too long to get to international waters, which is sad since Bayport is much bigger and nicer.