Royal Caribbean Orders 5th Oasis Class ship

They will fine tune the design like they have done with Harmony.

It will probably be the size that's the same.

With them bringing Empress back, I thought they were finished with big ships

... With them bringing Empress back, I thought they were finished with big ships

No way they are finished with jumbo ships, Empress was only brought back for Cuba.

They will fine tune the design like they have done with Harmony.

It will probably be the size that's the same.

With them bringing Empress back, I thought they were finished with big ships

Good points. I think the neighborhood design is really successful, so as long as they keep some variation, it will be all good.

And about big ships...Well by 2021, we will now have 5 Quantum Class ships and 5 Oasis Class. That is a LOT of capacity. I am hoping sometime in the next few years, a new smaller ship class will be announced (hopefully similar to Celebrity new Edge Class), because by 2020 Vision Class may be gone. As Bob said, they're not done with mega ships, but I don't imagine a new mega class being announced until atleast 2020.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Definitely one to Asia, IMO.

I'd also say there's a good chance one will spend half her time in the Med.

I agree.

I'm curios as to how they will be deployed. The short sailings on the Harmony out of Southhampton in lousy weather showed that these ships certainly are warm weather ships. Not enough interior space and activities for all those passengers during extended lousy weather.

I agree.

I'm curios as to how they will be deployed. The short sailings on the Harmony out of Southhampton in lousy weather showed that these ships certainly are warm weather ships. Not enough interior space and activities for all those passengers during extended lousy weather.

2 in Fort Lauderdale, with 1 spending summers in the Med

1 in Port Canaveral

1 in Asia

1 in Miami?

Do they fill the Oasis class when they are in the Med?

Are they too big for some of the ports in the med?

Finally, if the weather is any way inclement, say for example April and October they are not as suitable as the Voyager or Freedom class.

I was surprised they have gone for another Oasis class, I thought they would have gone for another Quantum class or revealed a new design - don't forget by the time this ship is released the design will be over 10 years old.

Edited by oregand

2 in Fort Lauderdale, with 1 spending summers in the Med

1 in Port Canaveral

1 in Asia

1 in Miami?

I hope so. That is a lot of capacity and hopefully cause prices to drop particularly for Oasis and Allure which don't have the toys that the new ones do....at least not until their next drydock.

Do they fill the Oasis class when they are in the Med?

Are they too big for some of the ports in the med?

Finally, if the weather is any way inclement, say for example April and October they are not as suitable as the Voyager or Freedom class.

I was surprised they have gone for another Oasis class, I thought they would have gone for another Quantum class or revealed a new design - don't forget by the time this ship is released the design will be over 10 years old.

There are two more Quantum Class ships already on order.

I would think Miami is most likely for Oasis 4 but what about New York?

I don't think they can fit under the bridge, also they would only be able to be there in the summer because of the unsuitable cold weather.

Yay! Many more happy cruises on these ships to come.......

I predict:

Oasis- Port Canaveral

Allure- Fort Lauderdale

Harmony- Fort Lauderdale

Oasis 4- Miami/Barcelona

Oasis 5- Hong Kong/Singapore

There are two more Quantum Class ships already on order.

I don't think they can fit under the bridge, also they would only be able to be there in the summer because of the unsuitable cold weather.

It's not the bridge. It's the weather. Completely.

It's not the bridge. It's the weather. Completely.

I was half right. ;)

I swore I read that they couldn't get under the bridge without retracting their funnels...But either way, it stems back to the weather.

I hope so. That is a lot of capacity and hopefully cause prices to drop particularly for Oasis and Allure which don't have the toys that the new ones do....at least not until their next drydock.

I was hoping Oasis prices would be in line with Freedom prices once she moved to PC. Boy, was that wishful thinking! I WILL be on an Oasis class ship one day. It may just take a few more years. ;)

I was hoping Oasis prices would be in line with Freedom prices once she moved to PC. Boy, was that wishful thinking! I WILL be on an Oasis class ship one day. It may just take a few more years. ;)

Check out 4/15/18- that price is not too bad

I would think Oasis 4 would go on the 7nt East/West milk runs from FLL and the Allure will be put on the 6/8 nt or 5/9 nt rotations fall-spring and summer in the med. Oasis 5 might head down under and to SE Asia.

I think Quantum 4 has a strong chance of being UK based year round. It's really perfectly suited to the weather conditions. Plus our UK cruising friends deserve a year round ship :D