Are you kidding

I just checked out Harmony's solarium on line and there are many beautiful pictures of the very large "pool"

We all know never to believe everything we see and read on the internet.

If no pool, what is the solarium used for?

On Anthem the solarium pool was always well used......but we sailed in March.

Very glad the OP mentioned this little tidbit of info as we will probably book another ship.

We haven't cruised on RCI yet, but on Celebrity we spend most of our time on sea days in the solarium, with an occasional dip in the pool. We plan to do the same on the Allure in March. Like many others here, I can't understand why RCI would even consider not including a pool on the Harmony.

At least on allure and oasis, you simply can't fit very many people in the solarium pool. It is VERY small and starts to feel crowded once more than maybe 8 or 9 people are in there. I'm sure that stops more people from using the pools in there.

At least you can cool off a little.

The pools are not in the fee area of Sanctuary except on the old Dawn,Coral and Sun-but not on any of the newer ships-even on Regal and Royal the pools are free. And on most of the ships they are separated from the Sanctuary, though in the vicinity.

There is No pool in the sanctuary, it's in the retreat pool area.

I never cared for the pool in the Oasis or Allure. Not much usable area and that shower thing in the center felt more like standing in a car wash. Losing that pool is not a huge loss for me. I wish they had taken the opportunity and done a pool similar to the Quantum class, particularly since they expanded the solarium area onto deck 14 forward.

A lot of people, considering all of the hot tubs were PACKED every day during my Allure cruise two weeks ago in 90 degree weather.

Packed with paxs drinking buckets of beer and never getting out.....

Not to veer off topic, but speaking of slip and slides.... has anyone seen videos of people using the water slides on Harmony? I've only seen a couple of people on Periscope, but there was a lot of scooching, and not very much sliding going on.

Maybe a slip and slide ain't a bad idea!

Not to veer off topic, but speaking of slip and slides.... has anyone seen videos of people using the water slides on Harmony? I've only seen a couple of people on Periscope, but there was a lot of scooching, and not very much sliding going on.

Maybe a slip and slide ain't a bad idea!

You are right, there was a lot of scooching!

They tell you to arch you back a bit - to reduce your contact with the slide I think andgo faster. I didn't do that cos I didn't want to go too fast and I didn't have enough speed to get around the champagne bowl a second time so had to scooch into the exit [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I imagine it's because the lack of use as compared to the number of people on the ship(s). I of course have no hard numbers or facts, but my experience in visiting the solariums on ships is that at any given time, there are only a couple of people that even get into the pool. In fact, the pools in other solariums are very small. I recognize that there are many that enjoy the solarium pools, but compared to the overall number of people on board the ships, the number is relatively small.

I would hesitate to call it a pool at all, few people use "the puddle"

I imagine it's because the lack of use as compared to the number of people on the ship(s). I of course have no hard numbers or facts, but my experience in visiting the solariums on ships is that at any given time, there are only a couple of people that even get into the pool. In fact, the pools in other solariums are very small. I recognize that there are many that enjoy the solarium pools, but compared to the overall number of people on board the ships, the number is relatively small.

I tend to agree with some of this. In the non Oasis/Quantum ships the majority of the solarium users aren't even dressed for swimming. They seem to be there as a place out of the sun with padded loungers. However, the hot tubs are pretty much packed.

Agreed!!!! And I miss living in Ventura- how is Brophy Bros?

Can't say I've ever been there. Usually go to Andrea's for seafood in the harbor. I'll have to try it sometime, haven't been too happy with Andrea's lately.

I agree! It doesn't make sense with all the innovations on this ship that Royal choose to replace the pool with just two misting leaves!

To the other posters who have flamed the OP and those of us disappointed there isn't a solarium pool on what will be a Caribbean based ship, I think you are being a little unfair to tell us to sail elsewhere. Yes, there have been threads with overblown and nonsense complaints but I don't think this is one of them. I have a pool in my Florida backyard. Some others have a beach and ocean. For us, no solarium pool might not be as big a deal. But there are others whose favorite part of the ship is the solarium with its adult-only pool and I think all of us appreciate the respite from kids it provides. So have a little empathy and allow us to voice our displeasure.

While I don't understand Royal's reasons, I will be going on the Harmony knowing in advance there is no solarium pool. I expect to have a great time anyway.

~ Judy

Very well said.

Literally every review of Harmony I have read from someone who was on it was a very positive review. If you want your solarium pool go on oasis or allure. Its the same minus a few slides, bionic bar, and a different name on the same italian restaurant.

I'm not ripping on Harmony, it looks amazing and they did some great updates to the Oasis class "bones" so-to-speak. I just can't stand people who read ONE review and say "its a construction site" or "its a mess."

People go on these cruise TRYING to find something to complain about, and of course they can. I, for one like to ENJOY my vacations so I try to find everything I can to be EXCITED about.

Its an expectations thing. If you go in looking for problems you'll spend your time complaining! I agree no solarium pool on Harmony isn't ideal, but if you are going to let that absolutely ruin your opinion of Royal, then go cruise with any other line and there will be plenty of things to complain about with them too.

My point is, move on and enjoy your vacations for the views, the ocean, and the people you meet at sea. That why cruising became so popular in the early days. Thats the heart of it, and complaining about no solarium pool....maybe just go to an all inclusive resort in Mexico and you'll have MANY more amenities.

Sorry if I'm being cynical, but sometimes people should take a step back and recall WHY cruising is so awesome. Its not the solarium pool. Its the things I listed above that were attainable on tiny ships way back when!

Obviously you haven't read the reviews I have read. It amazes me that you think you know what everyone else wants and likes, but apparently not. :rolleyes: