MSC Divina, Yacht Club Experience 5-14-2016 Western Caribbean

valancy1

He asked if we wanted to do it and we said absolutely! :D I did see these drink menus, just wasn't sure if they were different in the Yacht Club. Thank you!!

Oh...I don't know. Maybe they are different in the YC. Did not even think of that....sorry. Going to have to wait for an MSC expert to clarify if they are different. Curious to know myself. Congrats on an amazing upgrade!!!!:):)

Most drinks are available in the YC, with a few exceptions. One of the drinks I like as a night cap is a Drambie (a whisky and liquor )they have it, but its not included you have to pay, it's not too expensive probably about $5.00. Ifind it strange that this isn't included, as liquors such as cointreau and grand marnia cost the same but they are included.:confused::confused::confused :confused

Most drinks are available in the YC, with a few exceptions. One of the drinks I like as a night cap is a Drambie (a whisky and liquor )they have it, but its not included you have to pay, it's not too expensive probably about $5.00. Ifind it strange that this isn't included, as liquors such as cointreau and grand marnia cost the same but they are included.:confused::confused::confused :confused

It does seem a bit petty to charge in YC for an inexpensive drink! Perfectly understandable when it comes to premium/top shelf stuff, alright, but not regular, run-of-the-mill drinks.

My tipple of choice is brandy but the brands I favour are only available outside of the YC enclave. I usually buy the Allegrissimo package even when in YC so, when I want a brandy that I can drink (YC offerings are Italian & Greek - meh!) I have to go elsewhere for one! Seems a bit odd that YC doesn't carry regular brands that other bars/lounges on the ship do :( Though, after a word with my favourite sommelier, he has since advised me to seek him out should I not be able to get my drink of choice in the future.

I am a bit apprehensive since I have never been on MSC before and then last week they surprised us with an upgrade from Aurea to YC!

I am sailing with my husband and 13yr old daughter and 10yr old son. Did you see kids in the YC area? I'm hoping there are things to do in general for them. Our only other experiences have been a few RCCL and Norwegian cruises and we hardly ever saw the kids on those trips, lol. They don't like kids club things. :rolleyes:

Your pictures are amazing; I cannot wait to eat the cup of vegetables! (There's a sentence I'm pretty sure I've never said.) :D

Lastly, do you have any drink menus? Thanks so much for your helpful review.

You are going to just LOVE the yacht club. There were kids when I was there, but I think that depends on the sailing. The Yacht Club holds 185 people at capacity and we had 135 on our sailing.

They will want to hang out with other kids--kids find kids, so there'll be plenty for them to do. Maybe they like hanging out with you all :D

My favorite place, in case you didn't guess, is the TOPSAIL LOUNGE! How I love that special place! I saw families hanging out in there, but it isn't a recreational spot.

What do your kids like to do? I don't have them, but there *are* lots of things to do... I was trying to see if others that have them could see their interests and then help you with suggestions of what their kids did whilst on vaca.

But the overall experience is one that you won't soon forget. We ate breakfast and lunch in the buffet area, though it is available in LeMuse if you chose.

Man, I think that's awesome that you got upgraded!! Congratulations!

You are going to just LOVE the yacht club. There were kids when I was there, but I think that depends on the sailing. The Yacht Club holds 185 people at capacity and we had 135 on our sailing.

They will want to hang out with other kids--kids find kids, so there'll be plenty for them to do. Maybe they like hanging out with you all :D

My favorite place, in case you didn't guess, is the TOPSAIL LOUNGE! How I love that special place! I saw families hanging out in there, but it isn't a recreational spot.

What do your kids like to do? I don't have them, but there *are* lots of things to do... I was trying to see if others that have them could see their interests and then help you with suggestions of what their kids did whilst on vaca.

But the overall experience is one that you won't soon forget. We ate breakfast and lunch in the buffet area, though it is available in LeMuse if you chose.

Man, I think that's awesome that you got upgraded!! Congratulations!

Thank you so much!! I'm getting really excited!

My kids do like to hang out with us a lot, they're old souls in that sense. But they do like the arcade on other ships, Watersports/Pools, and finding spots on the ship to watch entertainment.

I cannot gel you how much your review for Topsail Lounge has excited me! I hope I like it as much as you do ;-)

My 13 year old daughter is already picking out my son's outfits and saying "You can't embarrass us in the Yacht Club" :D

Thank you again!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you so much!! I'm getting really excited!

My kids do like to hang out with us a lot, they're old souls in that sense. But they do like the arcade on other ships, Watersports/Pools, and finding spots on the ship to watch entertainment.

I cannot gel you how much your review for Topsail Lounge has excited me! I hope I like it as much as you do ;-)

My 13 year old daughter is already picking out my son's outfits and saying "You can't embarrass us in the Yacht Club" :D

Thank you again!

Your children will be 100% spoiled in the Yacht Club. Since there are never very many children there, the crew goes out of their way to care for them. My 3 year old has been with me in the YC 8 times now...the first time when he was just an infant...and I feel as if he has grown up on the Divina. The turnover in the YC is very low...some of the same butlers are still there from 3 years ago. They love on my boy and spend extra time with him. I am sure they are missing their kids back home so they love on ours instead! :) Can't wait to be back on in 17 days!

Edited by kathiean

Your children will be 100% spoiled in the Yacht Club. Since there are never very many children there, the crew goes out of their way to care for them. My 3 year old has been with me in the YC 8 times now...the first time when he was just an infant...and I feel as if he has grown up on the Divina. The turnover in the YC is very low...some of the same butlers are still there from 3 years ago. They love on my boy and spend extra time with him. I am sure they are missing their kids back home so they love on ours instead! :) Can't wait to be back on in 17 days!

That's awesome! I'm very glad to hear this, thank you!!

• 8 months later...

Bumping this fantastic review of the Top Sail Lounge (and the MSC Divina) from Debra.

Thank you for this review; we're embarking aboard Divina for what's surely to be a fantastic voyage in one of the Royal Suites next month! Your review has us really excited.

Le Sirene is actually a public pool & area for anyone wanting to use it. We used to walk outside the YC doors on 15 and look directly down into Le Sirene on 14. I will show more pictures of it later.

As far as tipping, we did tip our butler additionally at the end of the cruise. We gave him $40, which is more than we've ever tipped additional on the cruise; but what he gave for us really couldn't have been paid adequately. Whomever gets Carlos (his name is Juan Carlos Cruz) is lucky, lucky, lucky.

P.S., the cabin pictures were of our cabin 15027.

Thanks, We will be in that same cabin next week. Can not wait. Our first MSC and Yacht Club.

• 3 weeks later...
We bought the 18 drink coupon book for $82.00 so we could drink I other parts of the ship, the coffee bar, and the cigar lounge. The balcony is average, so that didn't affect our cruise. The YC experience is out of this world. DO IT.

Hi. I'm sailing in the YC on the Seaside in February 2019. I thought all drinks (alcohol too), were included, both

in the YC as well as the rest of the ship. I even confirmed yesterday with the agent when I booked. Is this not correct?

Thanks so much and LOVE your review!