If I book Le Cirque online before I sail, can I cancel onboard for a refund?

cl.klink

I sail in 10 days on Nieuw Amsterdam, Alaska Inside Passage. My cousin and her husband are on their first cruise, my wife and I will be on our 5th. We tried Le Cirque last year on Oosterdam -- very nice, but not best ooh ahh. Would be happy to do it again. But not sure my cousin and her husband will be that into it. No way to tell, really, till on board and they see how much they like the MDR. So, I was thinking of reserving for the 4 of us -- still options to do that. But, if we decide not to do it, can we cancel on board and get money back? It seems that if we do this for an excursion, the web site says we'd have to pay a 10% penalty.

- Joel

We've canceled Le Cirque without penalty. It's not an excursion. You may want to try to cancel by calling HAL before you sail though.

But what if I cancel after on board?

-Joel

But what if I cancel after on board?

-Joel

I would imagine it's like our recent experience with the Canaletto. We were given OBC when we canceled on board.

Keep a watch that they do in fact do it. The manager of the Canaletto tried to tell us that we would "lose our $$ if we cancel" (we knew better) but it did take until near the end of the cruise to show up on our on board statement. I doubt ours was a typical experience though, the front desk had to keep after him. :rolleyes:

Once on the ship, your cousin needs to decide on day 1 or 2 at the latest if they want to do Le Cirque.

This is the only time that you have to cancel anything 24 hours in advance to get your money back.

And if you do cancel -- the money is refunded to your shipboard account in the form of shipboard credit.

Isn't this similar to pool/lounge chair hogging :confused: Most Le Cirque dinners are sold out. If you cancel at the last minute, the table remains unused and you have denied someone the chance to experience it!

Edited by taxmantoo

We have booked a Le Cirque dinner for our Oosterdam cruise in November. The cost, on line, was $49 US, PP. I didn't see anywhere the cost of the wine pairings that is an option. Does anyone know the cost of this option? I hear that the wine pairings add a nice touch to the dinner.

We have booked a Le Cirque dinner for our Oosterdam cruise in November. The cost, on line, was $49 US, PP. I didn't see anywhere the cost of the wine pairings that is an option. Does anyone know the cost of this option? I hear that the wine pairings add a nice touch to the dinner.

You can add the wine when you dine (and it rhymes!) You cannot book it online ahead of time.

• 3 weeks later...
For what it's worth, we kept the reservation. Had a great meal. They said we could've cancelled with 24 hours' notice though.

- Joel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you enjoyed it :).