Coffee Tables - Gone from all Ships?

zjc

In wondering if anyone else can report on if Coffee tables are a thing of the past in the cabins?

Just in Navigator and there is no coffee table in the balcony cabins which is a first for me on Royal and does make having breakfast in your room difficult when it's raining outside.

Anyone know if they have started to remove them from all ships? They had them on Allure & Oasis last year!

did you ask to have one placed in the cabin?

One cruise I actually damaged the coffee table.. my Kindle lept out of my hands on purpose and dive bombed it, breaking off a not insignificant chunk of the edge. it was still perfectly serviceable but perhaps they are replacing old and damaged ones?

None on Anthem balcony cabins either:confused:

Anthem balconies have the table that is the vanity that can be moved out and used as a table though. I like that option a lot better than a coffee table because it is higher and works for room service.

One cruise I actually damaged the coffee table.. my Kindle lept out of my hands on purpose and dive bombed it, breaking off a not insignificant chunk of the edge. it was still perfectly serviceable but perhaps they are replacing old and damaged ones?

I asked and they said they had all been removed from Navigator so I couldn't get one.

Anthem is a new ship, I don't believe there are old ones yet.

Anthem balconies have the table that is the vanity that can be moved out and used as a table though. I like that option a lot better than a coffee table because it is higher and works for room service.

I never noticed that, It looked built in.

Last year on Radiance, I had what I guess some would call a coffee table in my inside room. I didn't trust it to hold more than paper though.

Least stable looking thing I've ever seen. And tiny surface area. If that's what you're calling a coffee table, I'm not sure how anyone eats off of it.

Did Navigator in April, no c table. The excuse was it was in the way. I too used it for its purpose, coffee and can't fathom their reasoning. Every other ship I have cruised on has had a c table[emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally would be happy not to have one in my cabin. I find that it takes up too much floor space in an already crowded environment.

That is why I move mine to the end of the sofa, to free up some walking space in front of the sofa.

We were disappointed to see the coffee table missing after the Navigator dry dock. Really missed it! Expected the same after the Liberty dry dock, but was pleasantly surprised to see they left them.

Is THIS in front of the couch the thing y'all are referring to as a "coffee table"?? Most pitiful excuse for one I have ever seen!! As I said, I was afraid to put anything other than the daily papers on it! (Radiance 3067 last summer)

26f68cc3d056d39f8e18ec69c9c2391d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We were on two cruises last year, It was either the Brilliance TA and or forgot ship also, to Norway. There was no coffee table in room on one of those, balcony cabins. It was a PITA for breakfast in room. The room steward said they were doing away with them, NOW I think he was pulling my leg. PS. on that cruise we had a kettle in room for all the UK people maybe you can have one or but not the other LOL

Edited by north29