Magnetic hooks for hanging clothes onboard

I was in a local Hobby Lobby shop looking for some magnets with a hook on it to take on a cruise. I found some so I bought 2 packs of 2 magnetic hooks. On board the ship we stuck the magnets on the overhead of the compartment, then we were able to hang clothes up with a hanger that we had brought with us. My girlfriend is always wanting to hang things up to dry or to get the wrinkles out, why not use the metal ship. It worked out great for us, the magnets are Neodymium and very strong. They held up anything we tried, I would recommend these for use on a ship. Hanging things to dry in a closed closet never worked for us so I tried these magnets. There was a web site on the back of the packaging, I looked on there and found the magnets. Here is their web site:

http://www.magnet4sale.com/9-lb-Holding-Force-Neodymium-Magnet-Hook-w-Rubber-Coating.html

We bought some 9kg magnetic hooks and just used the cabin walls. They were invaluable for hats, wet swimmers, jackets and sarongs. With 3 in a cabin they were very handy. I read this tip on CC [emoji4]

We bought some 9kg magnetic hooks and just used the cabin walls. They were invaluable for hats, wet swimmers, jackets and sarongs. With 3 in a cabin they were very handy. I read this tip on CC [emoji4]

I had never seen it on CC before. They work on the ceiling or the walls. The will be part of every cruise we take from now on.

I had never seen it on CC before. They work on the ceiling or the walls. The will be part of every cruise we take from now on.

There have been tons of posts over the last few years, which convinced us too to give it a try. We like these ones, as you can get various strength magnets:

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p=73796&cat=1,42363,42348

Thanks for sharing this tip! I hadn't thought of hanging them from the ceiling!

Ceiling? Why would you do that when you have magnetic walls? Maybe I am missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are cruising in 3 cabins with 3 grands plus parents and aunt. The kids will be room hopping for sleepovers. I purchased inexpensive cloth shower curtains ($8), DH made small, heavy duty hooks and attached them to the top of the curtains in 3 places (ends & middle). The magnets will hold a loop for the other end of the hooks and we will 'attempt to attach this to the ceiling. It will make for a room divider so the kids can sleep even tho' there's someone watching TV or reading. I'm hoping it works. If it does, after cruise I will post pictures. These will be easy to pack without adding much weight.

Edited by Poohb

Ceiling? Why would you do that when you have magnetic walls? Maybe I am missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think if you put them on the ceiling and hang a wet swimsuit on it it will dry out faster. air on all sides.

What a great idea. I was wondering how we could dry our bathing suits for our short 3 nighter where we'll be in an inside cabin. I bet this will be perfect to run a bungee cord between them to spread them out to dry.

Thanx!

Erika

I have three of the magnetic hooks and love them. I take two skirt hangers and use them for bathing suits. I put the hooks on the wall and there is enough air circulation. Also keep hats and a bag of snorkel equipment on the hooks. If the weight is too much, the hooks will just slowly slide down the wall.

I found these at Walmart for around $2 for a 2-pack. They are the same as the 20# ones from Home Depot/Lowes/Menards.

I would recommend the larger ones if you are hanging wet laundry.

Shirts.jpg.57057a8730821dfa1806ca2a0ed63248.jpg

Edited by iluvcruzin

What a great idea. I was wondering how we could dry our bathing suits for our short 3 nighter where we'll be in an inside cabin. I bet this will be perfect to run a bungee cord between them to spread them out to dry.

Thanx!

Erika

One tip to avoid a lot of dripping is to (in the bathroom so as not to get the carpet wet) roll the suit in a towel and walk on it, turn the towel 1/4 of the way over and walk on it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Been doing this for years now. It works like a charm!!! :D I also carry a few of the clips with magnets on the back to hang on the wall .... I clip the current days cruise compass on one. They are good to keep things neat & tidy , off the desk area!