Don't Be Loyal to Royal Cause Royal won't Be Loyal To You

This was some great humor to start the day. I love the sense of humor that many of you have.

I can only imagine how someone with this mindset would handle being a first time cruises on another line with no loyalty status.

As someone who has sailed 5 times on Carnival and about to take our first cruise on Royal Caribbean, this all seems crazy to me. As far as I know, Carnival doesn't have any kind of special lounges for any of their VIFP levels.

RC is seeming so elitist by a lot of the posts I see here on CC. Is it just a vocal few or are we going to feel unwelcome as lowly first time cruisers??

As someone who has sailed 5 times on Carnival and about to take our first cruise on Royal Caribbean, this all seems crazy to me. As far as I know, Carnival doesn't have any kind of special lounges for any of their VIFP levels.

RC is seeming so elitist by a lot of the posts I see here on CC. Is it just a vocal few or are we going to feel unwelcome as lowly first time cruisers??

Don't worry. Elitism only rears it's ugly head here on Cruise Critic.

I think the OP has a valid point to some degree, however a Lounge is only a lounge by name, does it really matter what it is called.

A Diamond Lounge is for Diamond guests be they D or D+, and on some ships the D Lounge is in fact a nicer space than the CL.

Sure at times the D Lounge is crowded, but don't blame others for enjoying enough cruises to be able to use that facility, at those times the vouchers become useful.

HOWEVER the main point I would like to make is this................

Your true Suite or Pinnacle friends would happily join you for a drink in other areas of the ship if they missed you on the SL.

I have done on recent ships when travelling with friends some of which do NOT have any access to any lounge. Also thanks to Royal and the introduction of the voucher system I still get my happy hour drink.

Also for my real friends I am able to take them into Coastal Kitchen to dine with me.

Sometimes I think people forget what made them Diamond in the first place, which surely was the enjoyable cruise experience before they had any access to any lounge. Of course I understand the disappointment of restricted access to one part of the ship, but that is no more than my disappointment of not getting access to a CL before I was Diamond member.

The same situation applies now as it did then, access to the Suite Lounge is available to anybody..............that books a Suite. In exactly the same way the First Class cabin is to those on airlines. :)

Another well thought out post from Chip with beautiful paragraphs too

An added bonus

Thank you.

Don't you just love drive-by posters.:rolleyes:

It is also pretty easy to just make up a quick screen name and then

change it again to something else when the negative posts give them away.

Like we don't figure that one out. ;)

There seems to be a recurring pattern here that most complainers here are newbies... oh just ignore them, not worth my time.

When their very first post is all negative, and even ones following, are designed to get

people riled up....hmmm....

What happened to:

"Hello this is my first post, I would like to introduce myself to all. We are ____

from ____ and are happy to be on board to converse and gain knowledge about

our common interest of cruising."

Welcome new cruise critic member!! :D

Yeah, butterflies and rainbows in a perfect world eh? What ever happened to being

nice, helping each other, sharing information, and enjoying the communications?

Edited by island lady

I've noticed that too. We are set to take our first cruise on Royal in September and there's way more talk here about Suites and points, etc. vs Carnival. Perhaps that's because Carnival's perks aren't that great..lol

We are sailing in a Crown Loft Suite for our first Royal cruise. I hope if we go into the suite lounge or whatever lounge that so many Diamond, Ruby, Titanium people are dying to go to, they won't tar and feather us because we are first timers.

Molly, if you are in a GS and above, but have not yet attained Diamond level...

I didn't think you would have access to both lounges?? Wouldn't that be SL

only and not access to the DL?

She was speaking in terms of the OP's case. Being that he is Diamond+, he would have access to both lounges if he was staying in a suite.

I've noticed that too. We are set to take our first cruise on Royal in September and there's way more talk here about Suites and points, etc. vs Carnival. Perhaps that's because Carnival's perks aren't that great..lol

We are sailing in a Crown Loft Suite for our first Royal cruise. I hope if we go into the suite lounge or whatever lounge that so many Diamond, Ruby, Titanium people are dying to go to, they won't tar and feather us because we are first timers.

Don't worry, you will be in a beautiful new lounge that is dedicated to Suite

guests alone, and Pinnacles. Unless those pesky Diamonds, Diamond Plus

passengers are in a GS and above...you won't have to deal with them. ;)

However, if you were to sit with us, we would welcome you and have something

in common right from the start. We ALL started out with our very first cruise

on Royal. Welcome aboard! :)

Don't worry, they won't.

She was speaking in terms of the OP's case. Being that he is Diamond+, he would have access to both lounges if he was staying in a suite.

Ahh, did not realize she was speaking about the OP. Thanks!! :)

Though I saw nothing in his first and only post that mentioned he was in a GS or above?

Edited by island lady

You will be more than welcomed on RCCL. As with anyplace in the world, there are a few "Don't you know who I am" types that think they are entitled to everything, nothing can ever change, and companies should be constantly begging for their business. We were all first timers once, some people have just forgot about that.

Though I saw nothing in his first and only post that mentioned he was in a GS or above?

Ah, she actually wasn't replying to the OP either. There was another poster that questioned whether they would have access to both lounges as a D+.

You can look at the first page of this thread and follow the quotes.

Is this new?

I was on the Explorer last month and had access to both lounges as Diamond Plus.

My next cruise is on the Harmony as a D+ will I have access to both lounges?

Cheers

I was replying to the above poster. I quoted their post in my reply. (post #10)

Edited by molly361

Don't worry, you will be in a beautiful new lounge that is dedicated to Suite

guests alone, and Pinnacles. Unless those pesky Diamonds, Diamond Plus

passengers are in a GS and above...you won't have to deal with them. ;)

However, if you were to sit with us, we would welcome you and have something

in common right from the start. We ALL started out with our very first cruise

on Royal. Welcome aboard! :)

Thank you!!

There are only a few ships that now have a Suite Lounge exclusively for Suite guests and Pinnacles. Oasis Class ships and Liberty. Did you recently sail on Liberty and experience this?

Bingo, I almost bet the OP is my buddy from New Orleans. He will be disappointed with the lack of support he is receiving here.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Congratulations on your first post.

Perhaps you would like to do some reading before you start posting.

This has been hashed, rehashed and rerehashed multiple times.

It's not going to "get better".

If you feel that you can get a better deal elsewhere, by all means, go there.

Interesting choice of screen name, don't you think. ;)

One of the problems was many diamond plus people would sit in suite lounge for hours to get there free drinks and some suite people would not be able to get a chair, we are diamonds and now cruise in suites and we get the drink package and normally sit in suite lounge/concierge for less than a hour. RCCL also is our favorite line but I think its crazy not to try other lines to see what they offer

I was replying to the above poster. I quoted their post in my reply. (post #10)

Thanks Molly!! Did not catch that part of "if you are in a suite" as I did not see

that poster mention they were in a suite. My bad, did not read your reply fully.

Sorry! :( Send me to the gang plank. ;)

One of the problems was many diamond plus people would sit in suite lounge for hours to get there free drinks and some suite people would not be able to get a chair, we are diamonds and now cruise in suites and we get the drink package and normally sit in suite lounge/concierge for less than a hour. RCCL also is our favorite line but I think its crazy not to try other lines to see what they offer

Sure...enjoy your cruising on the other lines!

There are other forums here on CC for those other lines also. ;)

We have tried them, still like Royal the best. :)